Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

On 10/16/2021 at 8:43 AM, Sawbonz said:

There are a shitload of suburban DFW housewives livid over this abortion law and many have daughters that will be 18 prior to 2022 election. Likely same around Houston.  I have a feeling the cracking and packing going on with redistricting may not work like they think it will

From the maps that I've seen here (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/texas/), the GOP is locking down as many districts as possible, for both sides. In the Houston area, the proposed districts are extremely non-competitive. 538 has Fletcher's being the most competitive at D+24.  For the suburbs, they're being diluted with small towns voters.  

The current mix is a 23-13 GOP lead. These maps would be 24-12 with 2 competitive districts in that stretch from Austin/SA to the valley. Gives the GOP a chance to crack the Valley voters, and potentially 26-12. Even 25-13 would be a  GOP victory.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

From the maps that I've seen here (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/texas/), the GOP is locking down as many districts as possible, for both sides. In the Houston area, the proposed districts are extremely non-competitive. 538 has Fletcher's being the most competitive at D+24.  For the suburbs, they're being diluted with small towns voters.  

The current mix is a 23-13 GOP lead. These maps would be 24-12 with 2 competitive districts in that stretch from Austin/SA to the valley. Gives the GOP a chance to crack the Valley voters, and potentially 26-12. Even 25-13 would be a  GOP victory.

A reminder they are basing these district leans on 2020 turnout.  Trump not on the ballot could (and usually does) backfire on Republicans.  Those irregular voters don't show up in midterms and especially when they can't show up to vote for Donald Trump.

Suburban female voters are the most reliable voting bloc - they show up every 2 years. 

Nothing makes it easier to identify the neo American nazi member white supremacists than when they use the term “patriots.” They are attempting to refer to the original revolution which of course was only led by white men and the blacks were slaves. That’s what they want to go back to (except just keep the blacks away from them) but since that’s not realistic anymore since the majority of the country isn’t racists shitbags like they are they have to resort to nazi tactics to achieve their goals and want to overthrow democracy.

These “patriots” are in fact traitors and should be dealt with accordingly.

• Hook 'Em 2

^

Just saying, not saying.  Just got an email from Ash from George P.'s campaign earlier today.  Two paragraphs in it, word-for-word verbatim, about the border crisis taken from Huffines copy on the same topic.  Now a lot of these guys use the same writers or consultants or just pull from the same nationwide GOP database...but that Ash didn't catch that says something.  He isn't a two-bit campaign intern. 

Paxton & Bush, Abbott & Huffines...all clamoring for the love and endorsement of a man they barely know (and certainly don't respect in real life).  Kinda sad, kinda funny.  Very weird.  

^
Just saying, not saying.  Just got an email from Ash from George P.'s campaign earlier today.  Two paragraphs in it, word-for-word verbatim, about the border crisis taken from Huffines copy on the same topic.  Now a lot of these guys use the same writers or consultants or just pull from the same nationwide GOP database...but that Ash didn't catch that says something.  He isn't a two-bit campaign intern. 
Paxton & Bush, Abbott & Huffines...all clamoring for the love and endorsement of a man they barely know (and certainly don't respect in real life).  Kinda sad, kinda funny.  Very weird.  

Keeping with the “every accusation is a confession” rule, the group that uses “cucks!” as a pejorative….is the biggest bunch of pathetic cucks in American history. They’ve elevated “pathetic simp” to an art form.
  • Hook 'Em 2

So Huffines's media people are not policing his FB page, and people are mocking him/pushing Allen West, etc.

And then this gem popped up.

https://www.facebook.com/events/259257226138389/?post_id=259257242805054&view=permalink&comment_id=259629439434501

I am living in Texas. I am very concerned about Elon Musks agenda here. He is a private citizen taking over far too much of everything. His Starlink program, is blatantly over zealous and a threat to the human species worldwide. Putting up 42,000 satelittes in low orbit is reckless, dangerous and no one should have power to surveillance of the earth. In addition, he wants his own city incorporated. Again, too much power in one man's hands. Now, not only does this richest man on earth want our skies, and land, but now he wants his own electric company. This man is becoming an increasing DANGER to Texas and the world. In addition, this man wants to put all the WORLD on Universal Basic Income and not allow people to work. He wants his robots and Transhumans to replace human beings. He further wants humans to be hooked to the Internet of Things so humanity is in complete enslavement. His Neural Link is a threat to civilization. Someone has got to stop this madman. What can be done? Electricity is free from the sun. Tesla knew that. The rich are robbing humanity blind, charging us to pay for the Cosmic Ray's of the sun itself. They know everyone can have it free. If Musk could patent the Sun itself, he would. If he could genetically modify every seed and human, he would. He must be stopped. He is the greatest National Security threat and perhaps the most dangerous individual on the planet. I would like to propose that we start building communities who run their own FREE energy from the sun. And, get the 27,000 homeless off the streets of Texas. We don't have any lack of resources in Texas. But we do have the richest man now stealing all he can while acting like he's helping us. I don't buy it. What can be done to help normal people and the poor ?

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol @ these fucking press releases/statements. watching old people use technology is so cringe. it's like faxing an email. like, wtf do you think a tweet is, you troglodyte?

My FIL got invited to a Zoom meeting for a national organization that he's a past president of, and still has quite a bit of influence. I had to go buy him a webcam, set it up, and teach him to use Zoom. He's 75 and sharper than most his age. It was an absolute beating. 

Fucking Zoom.  I hate it with a passion.  99% of meetings can be handled by conference call which is so much easier for everyone.  That blurry 2" x 2" video of someone really makes the meeting so much better.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Fucking Zoom.  I hate it with a passion.  99% of meetings can be handled by conference call which is so much easier for everyone.  That blurry 2" x 2" video of someone really makes the meeting so much better.

I'd love to have a recording of that meeting. It's an Ag organization and I think naturally trends older. I'm sure it was a shit show. I did warn my FIL that he would be on audio and video, so not to pick his nose, or walk off and use the pisser in his office or whatever. 

On the one hand, Huffines still doesn't seem to be gaining much traction on social media, very slow as far as increases, but then again, he takes some extreme positions, so I imagine some of this supporters aren't willing to publicly attach themselves to his social media platforms.

On the other hand, he's getting slightly larger crowds.  The stuff below could scare Abbott.

The anti-vaccination movement already had traction in Texas prior to 2016 and the number of students who had exemptions was high enough that several measles outbreaks occurred, so just wait until the conspiracy theory minded folks decide that newborn screening tests are an invasion of privacy.

Delete comments.

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

On the one hand, Huffines still doesn't seem to be gaining much traction on social media, very slow as far as increases, but then again, he takes some extreme positions, so I imagine some of this supporters aren't willing to publicly attach themselves to his social media platforms.

On the other hand, he's getting slightly larger crowds.  The stuff below could scare Abbott.

Do they hold this at the amenity center at Sun City, or what? 

8 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

Going to enjoy watching the monster that is the Republican primary voter eat another one of their own w/ Hot Wheels. He might still win the primary, but not before he's pushed to adopt some extreme positions that will hurt him in the primary. 

Why?  It's a race to the bottom and whoever wins will be the Texas governor.  We're a state full of shitty ass people. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Why?  It's a race to the bottom and whoever wins will be the Texas governor.  We're a state full of shitty ass people. 

Because I'm still holding out hope Beto or MM can defeat him. Their odds improve the more right he goes in the primary. 

22 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don knows this will never happen (notice Trump did not push it through a while back when he had both chambers).

But if it were to pass, we should start with every property that a Huffines has any business interest in.

Can you imagine how expensive construction labor would become, overnight?  Food service?  It would be a rude awakening for the vast majority of people in this state.  It's a problem for sure but I would guess his audience has no idea of the consequences.

1 hour ago, drt said:

Can you imagine how expensive construction labor would become, overnight?  Food service?  It would be a rude awakening for the vast majority of people in this state.  It's a problem for sure but I would guess his audience has no idea of the consequences.

Don's a home builder. Undocumented workers made him the wealthy piece of shit he is. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, drt said:

A general rule of thumb is that the more vocal someone is about illiegal immigrants taking American jobs or building a wall, the less they know about economics and/or geography. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

A general rule of thumb is that the more vocal someone is about illiegal immigrants taking American jobs or building a wall, the less they know about economics and/or geography. 

Or he knows the truth that e-verify will never happen.  Congress could have directed the IRS and Social Security Administration to do something about SS #s being used by multiple people, etc. many years ago.  It's not hard to run queries against those databases, and from investigations run by various media organizations, using public data, they know that millions and millions of SS #'s are being actively used.