To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Final numbers for the defense: 570 yards, 48 points, and zero turnovers.

Carter-Stanley threw for 310 yards, four scores, and no turnovers.

Pooka ran for 190 yards and two TDs on 25 carries.

Pathetic.

We lose the WV and OSU games and get blown out by OU if it wasn’t for all the turn overs and Kansas played a clean games and damn near beats us, Orlando’s system fucking sucks and is surviving completely of turn over luck.

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

CDC’s been a great AD so far, but if he allows Herman to keep Orlando going into next season, then none of the other stuff he’s done matters.

Nope. Try again.

Fired him after we whipped their ass last year right?  

At any rate I think we are out of excuses for our coordinators.  They have had a chance and it’s not impressive 

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I believe Orlando has performed poorly enough to lose his job, but with whom would we replace at this point of the season? Is there an assistant or analyst who would be an upgrade?

Unprejudiced question as I really don't know the answer.

Exactly.  There's no Greg Robinson sitting there with nothing to do and our head coach is an offense guy.  Do any of the defensive staff even have coordinating experience? 

Wait guys, it's like you haven't seen this movie (Texas Football) before. 

Firing Orlando or any assistant will accomplish little in the long run if there are other systemic problems.  Who hired him?  Who decided he needed no analyst help?  Who has continued to allow his pussy ass 3 tight i or whatever the fuck it's called to be run?  Most importantly, who will hire his replacement?

Rule #1 of any organization: it always, always, always starts at the top.  Orlando is a symptom of the problem.  Not THE problem.  Unless our head coach has a come to Jesus moment and completely reinvents himself, simply replacing Orlando will not make us a serious playoff contender.  

Edited by bschoolprof

9 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Kansas has left so many points on the floor --

7 points - OOB by Pooka at the closing of the first half. Long TD negated.

3 points - on a 37 yard attempt

1 point on a blocked xp

2 points - given to Texas on the xp return.

that's 13 points, could have been 61 points for Kansas.

I’m not sure that’s how it works. 

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

Firing Orlando or any assistant will accomplish little in the long run if there are other systemic problems.  Who hired him?  Who decided he needed no analyst help?  Who has continued to allow his pussy ass 3 tight i or whatever the fuck it's called to be run?  Most importantly, who will hire his replacement?

Rule #1 of any organization: it always, always, always starts at the top.  Orlando is a symptom of the problem.  Not THE problem.  Unless our head coach has a come to Jesus moment and completely reinvents himself simply replacing Orlando will not make us a serious playoff contender.  

Don’t we only have something like 4 or 5 full time defensive coaches? Versus 7 or 8 on offense? And every quality control coordinator and analyst seems to be an offensive coach.

Pay attention to the defensive side of the ball or your stay in Austin isn’t going to be as long as you wished. 

I believe Orlando has performed poorly enough to lose his job, but with whom would we replace at this point of the season? Is there an assistant or analyst who would be an upgrade?
Unprejudiced question as I really don't know the answer.

Could it be any worse to just let the players sort it out?

5 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Rule #1 of any organization: it always, always, always starts at the top.  Orlando is a symptom of the problem.  Not THE problem.  Unless our head coach has a come to Jesus moment and completely reinvents himself, simply replacing Orlando will not make us a serious playoff contender.  

I agree with this. Tom has been watching this defensive shitshow for months now and done nothing about it. That means he's either oblivious, too loyal, or too dumb to see this defense is trash and isn't working. 

I always thought with Orlando at DC, Ossai will probably be drafted late 4th early 5th round because for his entire career on 3rd and 10 we sent him 25 yards into coverage instead of blitzing him. Towards the end of his second year in the NFL he’ll become a stud and people will wonder why he wasn’t so dominant at Texas. Orlando will be the reason. 

luckily, after this shit performance from Orlando tonight, Ossai will be drafted much higher.

I just want to re-post the fact that Orlando called a 3 man rush on a 2 point conversion. Think about that for a second. No pressure on the QB to force a rushed throw or a mistake. Just all the time in the world to find a receiver in the back of the end zone. And he didn’t have to take any time anyway. Think about that. 8 men in coverage and still easily found a receiver. Ridiculous.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I just want to re-post the fact that Orlando called a 3 man rush on a 2 point conversion. Think about that for a second. No pressure on the QB to force a rushed throw or a mistake. Just all the time in the world to find a receiver in the back of the end zone. And he didn’t have to take any time anyway. Think about that. 8 men in coverage and still easily found a receiver. Ridiculous.

The hilarious part is the guy running the flat route attracted 3 guys.  I shit you not, 3 guys went with the flat route so the guy in the back of the EZ was wiiiiddeeeee ooooppppeeennnn.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

It dont make a shit where they are coming from when you blitz six every fucking third down. You arent fooling anyone and you are leaving your third and fourth string dbs on an island all game. I mean just what in the actual fuck was that. This shit reminds me of the Diaz shit show his last year here.

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It dont make a shit where they are coming from when you blitz six every fucking third down. You arent fooling anyone and you are leaving your third and fourth string dbs on an island all game. I mean just what in the actual fuck was that. This shit reminds me of the Diaz shit show his last year here.

On the two point conversion we didn’t blitz anyone and the WR was still open by ten yards.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

On the two point conversion we didn’t blitz anyone and the WR was still open by ten yards.  

Lol. We literally dropped eight guys back and played double-cloud coverage on the two-point attempt. We can't hold up in zone coverage to save our lives right now.

As much as we hate the super-delayed blitzes, they were the only semi-effective defensive play for us tonight.

Edited by satyanash

Our defense is getting exponentially worse every single week. Fire Orlando.

If Herman doesn’t, then he’ll have wasted Sam’S entire career. Fuck this shit.
Glad to see you join the club.
What the fuck are we paying this guy to do? Keeping BJ Foster on the field should be a fireable offense. 
He must be hurting pretty bad. He has no desire to try and make a tackle. It’s like he’s just out there to be a body, since they don’t have anyone else. Who knew we might actually want Dylan Haines back?
We lose the WV and OSU games and get blown out by OU if it wasn’t for all the turn overs and Kansas played a clean games and damn near beats us, Orlando’s system fucking sucks and is surviving completely of turn over luck.

It’s just foolishness at this point.

For all of you advanced metrics guys, go fuck yourself. The defense sucks dick.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Our defense is getting exponentially worse every single week. Fire Orlando.

If Herman doesn’t, then he’ll have wasted Sam’S entire career. Fuck this shit.

nice of you to get on the train after the lulzing you gave everyone last week.  the dude fucking sucks as does his 3 tight i or whatever.  which is what I said when you started lecturing everyone with your vast football knowledge.  maybe a few of us have seen a bit of football too.  he sucked last year when we had a bunch of seniors.  we had one good game(3 quarters at least) against Georgia who had a completely overrated QB.

Herman can decide he wants to be a real high level P5 football coach and fire his shitty DC or he can go back to upsetting teams while coaching from Houston or Louisville if he wants.

Herman's 1st half 4th down calls were shit shows  as well but at least his side of the ball put up 50 points.