To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face. A 3 man rush is stupid except for just a change of pace. And if you worry about young DB’s, then don’t constantly execute complex blitzes that leave the DB’s exposed. It’s also stupid. Rush four people, mostly big people, and occasionally mix it up with LB, CB blitzes or four man rushes. That is what will work best against the new offenses. Ducking idiot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face. A 3 man rush is stupid except for just a change of pace. And if you worry about young DB’s, then don’t constantly execute complex blitzes that leave the DB’s exposed. It’s also stupid. Rush four people, mostly big people, and occasionally mix it up with LB, CB blitzes or four man rushes. That is what will work best against the new offenses. Ducking idiot.

I think my favorite play was with about 5 mins left.  Rush 3.  QB runs to the right and there's nobody within 20 yards of him.  If you're going to rush 3, can't you at least contain the QB with one of the other 8 players you've dropped?

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I think my favorite play was with about 5 mins left.  Rush 3.  QB runs to the right and there's nobody within 20 yards of him.  If you're going to rush 3, can't you at least contain the QB with one of the other 8 players you've dropped?

This is the beauty of the Orlando scheme. The soft box is vulnerable to the run which you would expect but it also somehow exposes your safeties to the deep pass and does not form an underneath zone to contain the QB. 

It would take artificial intelligence to create a program to scatter 11 players on a field in the fashion that would somehow not guard anything. It’s really quite remarkable. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This is the beauty of the Orlando scheme. The soft box is vulnerable to the run which you would expect but it also somehow exposes your safeties to the deep pass and does not form an underneath zone to contain the QB. 

It would take artificial intelligence to create a program to scatter 11 players on a field in the fashion that would somehow not guard anything. It’s really quite remarkable. 

Well said.  As mentioned earlier, I genuinely don't know defensive X's and O's which makes this all the more frustrating because even I can see the deficiencies.

12 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Owens was in good position, Barber found the ball early and played it amazingly.

The frustrating part is that these kinds of plays happen against us ALL THE TIME. That's coaching.

the one fucking time all year a db looks back for the ball and it fucked us to tears.

It really is. The defenders should be able to just accidentally trip the ball carrier while they are all running around back there.

With no indication of a real solution, he's definitely on thin ice.  We drop a couple more giving up tons of yardage and points to shit offenses and Herman won't have a choice.  Certainly a few of the defensive coaches are gone already.  Don't think any of it happens until the offseason but both secondary coaches probably need to be dusting off their resumes.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

With no indication of a real solution, he's definitely on thin ice.  We drop a couple more giving up tons of yardage and points to shit offenses and Herman won't have a choice.  Certainly a few of the defensive coaches are gone already.  Don't think any of it happens until the offseason but both secondary coaches probably need to be dusting off their resumes.

Hahah. Here is a perfect example of people accepting mediocrity. Orlando has made every pedestrian, true freshman, average as fuck QB put up RECORD numbers on us. 

People are still like....let’s give him a few more chances and see if he turns it around. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

3rd and Orlando. I’m not normally a fire someone mid year guy but the bye week allows you to move him out and give the interim two weeks to get ready.

we have a total of 4 defensive coaches and we have no one that can actually coordinate a defense on game day.   Herman certainly can't.  we are fucked and it is all because of one guy.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Very true.  We have, probably quite literally, the worst defense of any P5 school.  We have raw athletic talent that is, at a minimum, top 10 to top 15 in the country (recruiting rankings would place us higher than this).

It’s - again - just absolutely ridiculous underachieving from us.  He should have already been fired last week like Diaz after the BYU game.

Completely agree.  I'm sure there's some metric out there that compares recruiting rankings/stars to results.  We can't possibly be anything but last in the NCAA - by a large margin.

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Hahah. Here is a perfect example of people accepting mediocrity. Orlando has made every pedestrian, true freshman, average as fuck QB put up RECORD numbers on us. 

People are still like....let’s give him a few more chances and see if he turns it around. 

No, I'm just not an over reactive panty twister.  And nowhere did I say this is what I supported, but understanding the culture here,  and he's going to get the rest of the season to save his job.  But bloviate on and throw tantrums like the pussy you are.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No, I'm just not an over reactive panty twister.  And nowhere did I say this is what I supported, but understanding the culture here,  and he's going to get the rest of the season to save his job.  But bloviate on and throw tantrums like the pussy you are.

Should we fire him if he shits the bed the rest of the season? Seriously , answer