To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

10 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No, I'm just not an over reactive panty twister.  And nowhere did I say this is what I supported, but understanding the culture here,  and he's going to get the rest of the season to save his job.  But bloviate on and throw tantrums like the pussy you are.

Sweet. Message board name calling. It’s means you’re cooler than I am. 

I guess let’s see if old Todd can save his job. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed super tight. 

Edited by Neonmoon

48 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

He won’t be. I just hope he’s gone at the end. Who do we have to step into the job midseason anyway? The awesome position coaches who have our guys playing with such stunning technique? 

That’s true, but then everyone will be on notice that they need to earn their money and it gives us time to find a real DC.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I’ve said it until I’m blue in the face. A 3 man rush is stupid except for just a change of pace. And if you worry about young DB’s, then don’t constantly execute complex blitzes that leave the DB’s exposed. It’s also stupid. Rush four people, mostly big people, and occasionally mix it up with LB, CB blitzes or four man rushes. That is what will work best against the new offenses. Ducking idiot.

I just don't understand how he thinks bringing a safety from 15 yards away 10 yards outside the tackle is a properly designed blitz.

Coach New Potato needs to be selling Tupperware out of his van, not pulling down $1.7 mil to field dogshit, squint, and cross hit eyes under his crewcut while soiling a Longhorn shirt.

He seems like he enjoys crapping his pants during games..... prairie-dogging for a while , then giving in and letting loose in his pants when the other team gets a big play, several time a game.

Edited by El Squared

1 hour ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Personally, I wouldn’t let the motherfucker get on the bus.

well if he didn't have to eat powdered eggs and burnt toast last week he sure as shit better be this week.  throw in some barely expired milk also.

Herman has no choice he doesn't have anyone that can call a game.

On the first long throw to the non-Raegor WR (the one who caught the passes over Owens) we ran one of the most comically bad blitzes I’ve ever seen.

I guess it goes without saying - it was 3rd and long so we were gonna blitz 100/100 times. We knew it, they knew it, the announcers knew it etc. This time in particular we decided to bring both inside LB (and most likely a safety, I couldn’t tell).

I guess the LBs were supposed to twist but after Adeoye blitzed and ran into the left guard, Mitchell twisted around and ran straight into Adeoye. He actually got stunned and nearly fell down. We actually had one blitzer block the other.

We do not have bad players. These guys are, on average, members of top 10 recruiting classes. We have TERRIBLE coaches and run possibly the worst defensive scheme I’ve ever seen.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

On the first long throw to the non-Raegor WR (the one who caught the passes over Owens) we ran one of the most comically bad blitzes I’ve ever seen.

I guess it goes without saying - it was 3rd and long so we were gonna blitz 100/100 times. We knew it, they knew it, the announcers knew it etc. This time in particular we decided to bring both inside LB (and most likely a safety, I couldn’t tell).

I guess the LBs were supposed to twist but after Adeoye blitzed and ran into the left guard, Mitchell twisted around and ran straight into Adeoye. He actually got stunned and nearly fell down. We actually had one blitzer block the other.

We do not have bad players. These guys are, on average, members of top 10 recruiting classes. We have TERRIBLE coaches and run possibly the worst defensive scheme I’ve ever seen.

The blitzes are so bad. We routinely run the blitzers threw the same gap. We also blitz safeties 10 yards outside the OTs. Their is absolutely no chance they will ever sack the QB. Meanwhile our OL is still having issues stopping a simple stunt.

It’s appalling how bad our defensive scheme is.  For me, as a non football person, it’s the calls that don’t play the obvious situation.  On the play before the end of the half field goal:

TCU has one time out,  they can do only two things:

-hail mary

-some quick pass and call the time out and kick the FG.

what does Orlando do?  Rush 3 and play the CB 8 yards off.  Thus conceding the quick pass for 5 more yards.  That’s just retarded situational awareness.  The corners have to press there, to force the QB   to reset and run clock while trying to find somebody open.  Drop your safeties deep.  If the QB hits the Hail Mary there, so be it, but you can not allow a short gain under those circumstances.  

it was like that over and over and over again. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

It’s appalling how bad our defensive scheme is.  For me, as a non football person, it’s the calls that don’t play the obvious situation.  On the play before the end of the half field goal:

TCU has one time out,  they can do only two things:

-hail mary

-some quick pass and call the time out and kick the FG.

what does Orlando do?  Rush 3 and play the CB 8 yards off.  Thus conceding the quick pass for 5 more yards.  That’s just retarded situational awareness.  The corners have to press there, to force the QB   to reset and run clock while trying to find somebody open.  Drop your safeties deep.  If the QB hits the Hail Mary there, so be it, but you can not allow a short gain under those circumstances.  

it was like that over and over and over again. 

This is exactly correct. There seems to be a lack of basic football knowledge on our defensive coaching staff.

I would wager than anyone who played football in high school and/or has been a casual fan for most of their life could call better plays on game day than Orlando.

8 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

Anyone else notice Duggan clapping 4 or 5 times before the snap? Every single time our defense would jump and show where the blitz was coming from. I guess when you’re starting 20 yards from the ball you can’t afford to be late off the snap.

And it never occurred to them to just fake it regardless of intention so it becomes meaningless or a bluff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tjhooker said:

My son's HS Coach just told me to chill last week when I emailed him issues in the scheme.  Yesterday lost 44-3.  I have coached a few teams in 7 and 8th.  Just run basic schemes,  Coach tackling mainly.  Lost 3 games in 4 yrs.   I guess I am an idiot.  Same shit.  we can all see it.  we suck at coaching.

Can you start tomorrow?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, if Orlando was shitcanned in the coming days, who is our Ruffin McNeal?

I don't like anyone on the staff, do we have any decent analysts?

Who might we bring in?  Gerg?

Spitballing in a different direction.

I would imagine if orlando is gone mid-season it will be chris ash. 

My biggest frustration is "my guys" or "my system" I hate that about coaches. Your job is to get the best out of the players on the roster you have, personnel be dammed. If you're a coach that's hired and makes millions for that job putting out a defense ranked 126th in the nation ain't cutting it. 

Almost any DC in D1 football is going to be good with experienced players (Orlando circa 2017) the foundation of every recruit on this team from youth to veteran should be one of mastery in fundamentals. Fuck the schemes and fancy blitz and coverage packages. Find 11 guys that are sound at tackling and getting off blocks and you'll have a top 50 defense annually. Stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. 

Edited by RoyalBevo21
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

So, if Orlando was shitcanned in the coming days, who is our Ruffin McNeal?

I don't like anyone on the staff, do we have any decent analysts?

Who might we bring in?  Gerg?

Spitballing in a different direction.

Tom seems close to Mack.   Do you remember bull Reese?   Mugging and hugging.  

I would guess Chris ash 

12 hours ago, tjhooker said:

My son's HS Coach just told me to chill last week when I emailed him issues in the scheme.  Yesterday lost 44-3.  I have coached a few teams in 7 and 8th.  Just run basic schemes,  Coach tackling mainly.  Lost 3 games in 4 yrs.   I guess I am an idiot.  Same shit.  we can all see it.  we suck at coaching.

Football is a simple game made complicated by simple minds.

Watch in the game film how far back our LB’s are from the line of scrimmage on most plays. The opposing team can simply run straight forward and guarantee 4 yards or more just because it takes that long for someone to get to the ball carrier. Ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, Xian said:

What’s sad is that our tackling actually looked greatly improved. It’s just the scheme was sooo bad it didn’t matter. 

plus Sam shitting the bed didn’t help 

The defense played well when Orlando ran a straight 3-3-5 with no crazy blitzing. During TCU’s last possession of the 1st half he went back to terrible blitz calls.

Our play calling and scheme design sucks ass. We don’t do shit to scheme anything open and there’s no real complimentary play calling. TCU made some defensive adjustments at halftime and shut us down. We had no answer and Sam started pressing. 

Basically, we’re playing in a coaches’ league and our coaching is subpar.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Xian said:

I’m hearing sterns and co will be back for KSU, if that’s right Orlando isn’t going anywhere.  Tom is banking on the soon to be improved secondary will bail out his BFF

Sterns, Foster, Jones, Cook and Green will all be available for Kansas State. That’s our starting five in the secondary which means there are no more excuses. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 1