To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

Akina is a better coach than any defensive coach we have, but it's easy to forget he had a pass defense ranking in the 90s-100s with 3 NFL starters and a Thorpe.  

Babers would be interesting as a secondary coach, he said yesterday or day before he would consult or coach or whatever,  if someone reached out.   And that he would be cheap.  

Edited by Treefidy
babers & huff might be good as secondary coaches since we run like 8 DBs

20 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Akina is a better coach than any defensive coach we have, but it's easy to forget he had a pass defense ranking in the 90s-100s with 3 NFL starters and a Thorpe.  

Babers would be interesting as a secondary coach, he said yesterday or day before he would consult or coach or whatever,  if someone reached out.   And that he would be cheap.  

He would be a great consultant and I would hope they overpay him since he's a legend but Tom has not proven to hire a guy who would not be a "Yes sir" coach plus Tom likely thinks he's not worthy because he has never put in the time as a coach...

On 10/31/2019 at 8:52 PM, Treefidy said:

We should reach out to Bud Foster who's retiring at Va Tech--not for DC, just as a consultant. And yes, even in the face of his tippler reputation. He's only 60 and should have a couple of good years left in him. Pay him to come to the ATX and advise TH on the D in the daytime and hit 6th Street at night. About half serious about that. Downside is, I'm not sure how many Big 12-type offenses he's faced over the years.

20 hours ago, Sock Drawer said:

We should reach out to Bud Foster who's retiring at Va Tech--not for DC, just as a consultant. And yes, even in the face of his tippler reputation. He's only 60 and should have a couple of good years left in him. Pay him to come to the ATX and advise TH on the D in the daytime and hit 6th Street at night. About half serious about that. Downside is, I'm not sure how many Big 12-type offenses he's faced over the years.

Foster's bear front would get eaten alive in the Big 12. Defense in this conference really is a different animal, I'm sure Orlando would look like an all-world coordinator in the Big Ten going up against their slower pro-style offenses week after week.

What happened to Chris Adimora? He was the first among the 2019 2ndary recruits to get playing time,  but seems to have disappeared after we caught the injury bug, which seems paradoxical. 

He made a couple plays on the ball vs OK State, including one that was TD saving. Based on the play of other DBs, one can infer that such ball skills are frowned upon in this program and he is in the dog house.

I started that as a joke but honestly after thinking about it, I think it might be the case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2019 at 4:32 PM, Sock Drawer said:

It’s worth a shot. Who knows? It might even turn him into a semi-bearable poster on here. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

What a relief. Here I was thinking the mind blowingly predictable, telegraphed blitzes of guys lined up 5+ yards off the LOS weren't working because they were fucking stupid calls. But it was the players not showing up the whole time.

• Like 5

He would be a great consultant and I would hope they overpay him since he's a legend but Tom has not proven to hire a guy who would not be a "Yes sir" coach plus Tom likely thinks he's not worthy because he has never put in the time as a coach...
How do you know that he would be a great consultant? A good player is not what makes a great coach. Maybe you know him, not sure so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
On 10/31/2019 at 9:14 PM, Goodman said:

How do you know that he would be a great consultant? A good player is not what makes a great coach. Maybe you know him, not sure so I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

I've met him but would not say I know him. The type of consulting I see him being best at is not on the field. I see him best used analyzing the team and opponents while providing solutions Even being a critical eye for the cb coach. 

Wow. I cannot wrap my head around the stupidity of that statement by Orlando.

What really gets me is that you know he didn't mean it as a callout to the players. He doesn't even understand how that's an implication that it's all on the players. The idea that the approach the staff has taken could be questioned or flawed is not something that's even in the realm of possibility, despite results to the contrary. Incredible. And not in a good way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk