To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

200.gif

Ya your right. I’m an idiot. I could have sworn Texas put him inside his first few years at Texas before moving him back outside, because I remember he had that 30 tackle game in high school and I was pissed they stuck him at MLB his freshman year.

we don't have the skill.  even when we were healthy this year(and last) we were getting torched.  any QB that can run is killing us.  If Orlando can't teach/coach his scheme he needs to be gone yesterday.  its up to herman to figure it out.  my prediction is if he keeps orlando this will end badly. opposing OC's have figured him out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

we don't have the skill.  even when we were healthy this year(and last) we were getting torched.  any QB that can run is killing us.  If Orlando can't teach/coach his scheme he needs to be gone yesterday.  its up to herman to figure it out.  my prediction is if he keeps orlando this will end badly. opposing OC's have figured him out.

This is my concern. We looked bad against La Tech, but had decent moments against Ok State when we weren't letting Sanders run around like VY

Edited by Atticus

10 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Getting torched doesn’t mean we don’t have the skill to run the 3 tite.

21 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

What does it mean?

That our coaching sucks.

6 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Since he’s probably referring to the secondary and Orlando’s penchant for doing dumb shit that requires a lot from them, yeah he’s right.

Orlando’s penchant for doing dumb shit is the problem, not the skill set of our defense. Him putting guys in impossible positions doesn’t mean we don’t have the skill set for the 3 tite. Our defensive personnel works better for the 3 tite than a 3-4 or 4-2-5. The 3 tite system would work well for us if it were better coached. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Seems so. Since it seems to suck as badly, if not worse, for the Offense and Special Teams as well, I thought maybe it's something else.

Our offense has better overall personnel than our defense for sure, but the coaching on defense has been much, much worse.

10 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

I am old school, I remember the days of the "Fearsome Foursome".  We need to go back to a four man front and make the QB pay for his intended actions.  

I’d be fine with a 4 man front moving forward, but we wouldn’t be getting a lot of pressure even with 4 down lineman this year. We don’t have anyone who’s even above average at rushing the passer on the roster currently. 

I’d be fine with a 4 man front moving forward, but we wouldn’t be getting a lot of pressure even with 4 down lineman this year. We don’t have anyone who’s even above average at rushing the passer on the roster currently. 

But Ossai is a perfect fit for the position he occupies. He does make a lot of plays all over the field so why isn’t his rush better? That’s what I don’t get.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

That our coaching sucks.

Orlando’s penchant for doing dumb shit is the problem, not the skill set of our defense. Him putting guys in impossible positions doesn’t mean we don’t have the skill set for the 3 tite. Our defensive personnel works better for the 3 tite than a 3-4 or 4-2-5. The 3 tite system would work well for us if it were better coached. 

right we don't have the skill to do what he is asking.

34 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

But Ossai is a perfect fit for the position he occupies. He does make a lot of plays all over the field so why isn’t his rush better? That’s what I don’t get.

He’s not playing B-backer right now, so he’s not getting many opportunities to rush the passer. He’s not a terrible rusher, but he’s also not great at this point either. He’s a second year player and he may never be an elite pass rusher, but we certainly won’t ever know if he doesn’t get more pass rushing reps in practice and games.

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

right we don't have the skill to do what he is asking.

No team has the skill to do what Orlando’s asking. There’s a difference between Orlando horribly utilizing our personnel and is not having the skill set to play the 3 tite. The problem with the defense is overwhelmingly more due to bad coaching (Including fundamentals and poor utilization of the scheme) than players not fitting the defensive system we run. 

We have the skill sets to run the 3 tite if it were well coached and our personnel probably fit that system better or just as good as any other system. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s not playing B-backer right now, so he’s not getting many opportunities to rush the passer. He’s not a terrible rusher, but he’s also not great at this point either. He’s a second year player and he may never be an elite pass rusher, but we certainly won’t ever know if he doesn’t get more pass rushing reps in practice and games.

No team has the skill to do what Orlando’s asking. There’s a difference between Orlando horribly utilizing our personnel and is not having the skill set to play the 3 tite. The problem with the defense is overwhelmingly more due to bad coaching (Including fundamentals and poor utilization of the scheme) than players not fitting the defensive system we run. 

We have the skill sets to run the 3 tite if it were well coached and our personnel probably fit that system better or just as good as any other system. 

well that is dereliction of duty.  what about 2017?

Just now, Dbeasy said:

If he’s not gone tomorrow, everyone better start the clock on Tom. It means he doesn’t have the balls and common sense to make tough decisions.

The clock on Tom is already started. Jesus, this is why nothing ever changes. People can’t accept reality. Tom is looking at a pile of shit and won’t make a change. Same with his other coaches from the first season. He just pissing in everyone faces. 

20 minutes ago, NowThis said:

in fairness, coverage on the crosser and the TD pass wasn't bad.  Passes were spot on. Even the pass rush wasn't bad.  It's a matter of milliseconds, Texas doesn't have those positive milliseconds this year

Lol, his blitz design/pass rush is laughably bad. And the crosser was open by 3 yards. 

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

Lol, his blitz design/pass rush is laughably bad. And the crosser was open by 3 yards. 

the crosser had a Tex guy #6 in front and 2 dbs withing a couple of yards. Was a hell of a precise pass by their QB.

UT will win. KSU will fuck up on the passing game with INTs.