To__ Orlan_o - _efensive Coor_inator

Machinator

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I would honestly like to hear him, Manny Diaz and Charlie Strong (because they all did it) explain the theory behind delayed blitzes coupled with soft coverage in the secondary.  What is even the logic of how that is supposed to work?

Goal is to give the other team easy first downs.

2 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

I'm giving Todd a pass. When your senior leadership on Defense is Kris Boyd you're fucked no matter who the DC is.

Fuck the “pass” bullshit.  Boyd was all conference whether you choose to accept that or not.  

Orlan_o was fucking garbage this year.  No fucking way around it.  The man crush for that fuck needs to die.

• Like 2

Why do our defenders keep looking at the side line, not ready, when the ball is being snapped?

Has happened all year and I am sorry but the d line and even the linebackers should be ready to just knock the snot out of someone.  They don't need to know man, zone or any coverage shit.  Linebackers maybe, but geez, get ready.

It's easy to blame Orlando.  Our personnel isn't great and we squared off against one of the best offenses in college football.  I'm not saying there isn't blame to go around and he may be responsible for some of it - just that sometimes the other teams' offense is just more talented than your players.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, deech said:

It's easy to blame Orlando.  Our personnel isn't great and we squared off against one of the best offenses in college football.  I'm not saying there isn't blame to go around and he may be responsible for some of it - just that sometimes the other teams' offense is just more talented than your players.

A senior-laden DL. A pair of senior LBs. Two senior corners. All gone next year. We'll have plenty of time to find out how good Orlando truly is.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

A senior-laden DL. A pair of senior LBs. Two senior corners. All gone next year. We'll have plenty of time to find out how good Orlando truly is.

He’s not any good.  Even with a senior laden roster his defense took a HUGE step back this year.  In our four losses his defense gave up around 40 pts a game.  

The only teams his defense shut down we’re either overrated or dog shit.

His defense was the reason why we lost all 3 regular season games for the most part. Today was a combination of offense and defense. But absolutely unacceptable to give up a go ahead TD in 40 seconds with no resistance to end the 1st half. And all that blitz/zone defense was the fucking suck. And 3 man rushes.

Just now, satyanash said:

Right, but we all comment repeatedly about Wheeler's shortcomings.  We all talk about Hager being invisible against good teams. Boyd, Davis, and Locke while talented make big plays and make ever big misses.   I think Johnson and Charles O and Nelson will all be big losses that will be difficult to replace.  I think Boyd and Davis will be as well not because they are world beaters, but because the guys behind them did not look great this year.

• Like 1

If we do make the Sugar Bowl and play Georgia... Fromm is one of the best QBs in the country when facing the blitz. We blitz in NOLA like we did today and we'll get carved up like a turkey.

So like we have blitzed all year... haha. 

He seems to be following the trend of all of our defensive coordinators over the last decade.  Year 1: "Fuck yea, this dude is a boss" ; Year 2: "Uh yea, we don't look so great, maybe it's X, Y, and Z"; Year 3: Total unmitigated donkey fuck, with playcalling duties usually stripped midseason.  

Maybe he'll break the trend.  

23 minutes ago, satyanash said:

A lot of those seniors were very very flawed. Do you honestly think we cant upgrade Locke, Wheeler, Nelson, Hager, Davis, and dumb shit Boyd next season?

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

A lot of those seniors were very very flawed. Do you honestly think we cant upgrade Locke, Wheeler, Nelson, Hager, Davis, and dumb shit Boyd next season?

At least a couple of other posters think so. I’m just not convinced yet. Or our recruiting has been dog shit lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Maybe on the DL, assuming Ossai becomes the elite pass rusher we desperately need. But at LB and corner? No I think next year will be a step back.

Maybe on the DL, assuming Ossai becomes the elite pass rusher we desperately need. But at LB and corner? No I think next year will be a step back.

Possibly. Johnson is the big loss there. Safety should be better. And hopefully Cook gets better. The other corner is a huge question mark and is likely a drop off.

Just now, taybo20 said:

Possibly. Johnson is the big loss there. Safety should be better. And hopefully Cook gets better. The other corner is a huge question mark and is likely a drop off.

Yeah I forgot safety. I look forward to improvement there from Jones and Sterns and Brown.

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Then why weren't the younger guys playing if they had so much potential than what was on the field?  Maybe they were not ready and the coaching staff were holding them out knowing we would win the conference........... next year.

What ever happened to play the best players that we have?  That is why I think that this team will have a hard time next year.  

Hilarious that fat McMuffin Ruffin dialed up a beautiful corner blitz and Orlando couldn’t dial up shit all game. The substitute DC for ousucks played with more passion when it mattered most than Orlando’s defense. And thank God that abortions named Davis and Boyd are gone. They are both fucking horrible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deech said:

What about the games not against Oklahoma?

Remember Jeshaun Jones, the electric Maryland Heisman-hopeful freshman?  Who torched us for 121 total yards and 3 TD’s on 4 touches?  Yeah, he finished the year with 461 total yards and 5 TD’S.  26% of his yards and 60% of his TD’s this year came against Texas.  On 4 touches.  He averaged 31 yards/game  in the other 11.

That wasn’t a personnel issue.

6 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

What about the games not against Oklahoma?

Remember Jeshaun Jones, the electric Maryland Heisman-hopeful freshman?  Who torched us for 121 total yards and 3 TD’s on 4 touches?  Yeah, he finished the year with 461 total yards and 5 TD’S.  26% of his yards and 60% of his TD’s this year came against Texas.  On 4 touches.  He averaged 31 yards/game  in the other 11.

That wasn’t a personnel issue.

Oklahoma State 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

But yet most would say they are all better then what OU trotted out there? Other then maybe Murray. Not a single one of OU’s starting 11 would start at Texas. 

And why do all of you give Herman a pass? He had a hand in this as well. He can force a change if he wanted to. To lay it at the feet of Orlando without at least some blame of the head coach is why we see the same shit from the last  four defensive coordinator’s who were employed by Texas.