BattleBots (Season 3)

JimmyHoffa

7 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

My DVR picked up a few episodes already this week. Haven't checked to see whether they're new or not, but I am glad that this continues to be televised. 

I honestly can't believe that it isn't more popular than it seems to be. 

Just a heads up, mine did as well (DirecTV) and it's the only reason why I knew there was another season. But my DVR wasn't set up to record the new season starting tonight on Discovery 7PM CST.  

I'm a little confused about the format of the tournament - why did they make three dudes fight at once? I enjoyed it, but it sure doesn't seem to be a level playing field. 

And making Tombstone and Minotaur face off in episode 1 was enjoyable but baffling. 

Worse seeding than the NCAA committee. 

On 5/12/2018 at 3:06 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm a little confused about the format of the tournament - why did they make three dudes fight at once? I enjoyed it, but it sure doesn't seem to be a level playing field. 

And making Tombstone and Minotaur face off in episode 1 was enjoyable but baffling. 

Worse seeding than the NCAA committee. 

It's even better. That wasn't the tourney. They are doing match ups to determine the seeding for the tournament, at least that is how I understood it. Which allows them more content and allows all the bots to get more then one battle before they enter the tourney where they could be one and done. 

On 5/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, Rabidhorn said:

I wish they would dump the big long ass intro the black guy does, less intros more battles.

I agree. I love the show but I fast forward through all the nerd bios and the long ass intros straight to the battles. Ends up being about 10 minutes of actual robot fighting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Light said:

I agree. I love the show but I fast forward through all the nerd bios and the long ass intros straight to the battles. Ends up being about 10 minutes of actual robot fighting.

I wish I could do that but my sons insist on watching the boring interviews and build up........

Damn, totally missed this. Looks like Ep 1 will re-air before Ep 2 on Friday.

When I search the Uverse guide it doesn’t show up on DISC, but if I search the channel I can find it.

The Bombshell team is (at least partly) from Atlanta and Randy Farmer came to talk to our Cub Scout Pack a couple months ago. He was headed out the next day to start filming. It sounded like a pretty hectic schedule and he had some fun stories.

http://www.chaoscorps.org/meet-the-chaos-corps/