EFL Championship Playoff thread

JimmyHoffa

Didn't want it to get lost in the EPL thread so.........

Starts today-

Fullham vs. Derby County 5/11 and 5/14

Aston Villa vs. Middlesbrough 5/12 and 5/15

Final May 26th

All games on ESPN + (league one and league two playoffs as well)

Edited by JimmyHoffa
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, longhorndude said:

Nice, pulling for Fulham to be back in the top flight. Should I assume the playoff final will also be on crappy ESPN+?

Yep, so fucking stupid-

Tuesday, May 15

Aston Villa vs. Middlesbrough (Championship playoff semifinal, 2nd leg), 2:45pm, ESPN+

Wednesday, May 16

Rotherham vs. Scunthorpe (League One playoff semifinal, 2nd leg), 2:45pm, ESPN+

Thursday, May 17

Exeter vs. Lincoln (League Two playoff semifinal, 2nd leg), 2:45pm, ESPN+

Friday, May 18

Notts County vs. Coventry (League Two playoff semifinal, 2nd leg), 2:45pm, ESPN+

Saturday, May 26

Fulham vs. Middlesbrough or Aston Villa (English Championship playoff final), Noon, ESPN+

Sunday, May 27

Shrewsbury vs. Rotherham or Scunthorpe (League One playoff final), 10am, ESPN+

Monday, May 28

Exeter or Lincoln vs. Notts County or Coventry (League Two playoff final), 10am, ESPN+

11 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Well done Fulham.  Our (QPR's) West London rivals, but I always like to see more London teams in the PL (more games to choose from when I go over).

And fuck off John Terry.

Craven Cottage is only 1.7 miles to Stamford Bridge, but it is 2.9 miles to Loftus Road Stadium.

PLUS, both Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge are actually in Fulham, whereas QPR is in Shepherd's Bush. Wouldn't that make Chelsea FC Fulham's West London rival?

Edited by Napoleon

Doesn’t Sessegnon have a brother at the club too?  Might make him stay.  Think Grealish will go.  Can’t believe Hutton is still playing.  Craven Cottage is a great ground to go to so glad they are up.  Villa park isn’t so bad either so would’ve swapped Villa for Cardiff. 

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Craven Cottage is only 1.7 miles to Stamford Bridge, but it is 2.9 miles to Loftus Road Stadium.

PLUS, both Craven Cottage and Stamford Bridge are actually in Fulham, whereas QPR is in Shepherd's Bush. Wouldn't that make Chelsea FC Fulham's West London rival?

All three are West London rivals to each other (and you could even throw in Brentford).

As far as QPR fans are concerned Chelsea is the main rival (as in most hated; not in the competitive sense) followed by Fulham.  But given QPR's lower profile Chelsea fans would dismiss QPR as irrelevant anyway and yes Fulham would consider Chelsea their main rivals.  

Edited by LonghornSean

2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

All three are West London rivals to each other (and you could even throw in Brentford).

As far as QPR fans are concerned Chelsea is the main rival (as in most hated; not in the competitive sense) followed by Fulham.  But given QPR's lower profile Chelsea fans would dismiss QPR as irrelevant anyway and yes Fulham would consider Chelsea their main rivals.  

While I was in Argentina, for a while my flatmate was from London and though he supported Newcastle, his younger brother was a Chelsea fan. This was during some of the FulhAmerica time, so I remember looking at the walk from Craven Cottage to Stamford Bridge on Google Maps. That's the only reason I was so familiar with the distance before even looking it up. Even my flatmate didn't realize that Stamford Bridge was technically in Fulham, because it's on the west side of the railroad tracks.

(Though I never knew that Liverpool's and Everton's stadiums are on opposite sides of a park until I watched the Jamie Carragher "Premier League Legends" episode and there's a flyover during the intro. Only Racing & Independiente, both in the Buenos Aires suburb of Avellaneda, are closer to my knowledge. They are separated by a practice field.)

I was going to say that QPR and Fulham probably have more of a storied rivalry due to similar finances for most of their history, but I looked it up and was I wrong.

Club <- WINS - DRAWS - WINS -> Club 

Chelsea <- 46 - 26 - 11 -> Fulham - - 83 TOTAL MATCHES
Chelsea <- 22 - 18 - 15 -> QPR- - - - - 55 TOTAL MATCHES
Fulham <- 16 - 7 - 14 -> QPR - - - - - 37 TOTAL MATCHES