Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

40 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I made the trip in 2004. That was a hostile home crowd that night. One of the best feelings in sports is walking out of a stadium as a visiting road fan and your team won. 

Damn, I miss Ron Franklin calling games on ESPN.  He was one of the best.  

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Gohogs14 said:

Going through the worst decade in our history after finishing #5 in the country and subsequently firing the coach after a motorcycle ride has humbled us all haha.

We’re more apathetic about football right now than ever while season ticket sales to basketball and baseball are breaking records. Never would have thought our football program would reach Vandy levels in my lifetime but after the Morris era it’s hard to be optimistic.

That's a fair assessment.  Arkansas was a solid 8/9 win program that would garner interest from legitimate coaches.  The last 10 years have been embarrassingly bad football to the point no one wanted the job last time, although Pittman has been a pleasant surprise.  Throw in that half of the student body is from somewhere bedsides Arkansas and the home crowd might not be as hostile as you think.  They'll have an extremely rare sellout and be somewhat loud but that's about it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gohogs14 said:

DVH is Arkansas through and through, having played in the SWC I’m sure he feels a certain way about Texas. But then again Muschamp coached at Florida as a Georgia grad which is weird to me too.

He actually just got a statue named after him outside our new baseball performance center - “The Van Horn Hog”

A50ED777-843C-4FD8-9324-ED2FA9BD9E0B.jpeg.2d1e3fa8e6633dd00ae29c490c88eb7c.jpeg

one of my best friends in high school played with him at McLennan Community College. Born in Cal, high school in KC, Missouri. I wouldn't say he's arky through and through, other than the fact he met his wife there.

46 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I thought the Van Horn Hog was what it was called when a second baseman comes running in full steam, calls off the right fielder and first baseman, then completely overruns and misses a foul popup that could have won the game.

Could have won the national title that should read. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That's a fair assessment.  Arkansas was a solid 8/9 win program that would garner interest from legitimate coaches.  The last 10 years have been embarrassingly bad football to the point no one wanted the job last time, although Pittman has been a pleasant surprise.  Throw in that half of the student body is from somewhere bedsides Arkansas and the home crowd might not be as hostile as you think.  They'll have an extremely rare sellout and be somewhat loud but that's about it.

Most of that half is from Texas though. The Arkansas game atmosphere has been terrible since about 2016 since we’ve sucked so bad but when it’s packed it can get really loud. Jalen Hurts and Greg McElroy both said it was the loudest stadium they played in.

7 hours ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I made the trip in 2004. That was a hostile home crowd that night. One of the best feelings in sports is walking out of a stadium as a visiting road fan and your team won. 

Took me a long time to get over that Matt Jones fumble late in the 4th.

Win this game I believe we win the next 2 pretty handedly. I wanna say we go into the RR undefeated but that TCU omen is still there till it's not. Win that and Sark has a chance to make a statement in year 1. Part of me feels like we're skull fucking OU this year. That 45-21 type score Herman had til he turtled like a little bitch. Not impressed w them at all. They may get better by then but I think Sark coaches circles around Lincoln. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Win this game I believe we win the next 2 pretty handedly. I wanna say we go into the RR undefeated but that TCU omen is still there till it's not. Win that and Sark has a chance to make a statement in year 1. Part of me feels like we're skull fucking OU this year. That 45-21 type score Herman had til he turtled like a little bitch. Not impressed w them at all. They may get better by then but I think Sark coaches circles around Lincoln. 

Granted we only have 1 game to go by, but OU's defense looked like something from the Mike Stoops era, and Rattler was very vulnerable to making bad decisions when rushed.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

Dudes name is Bumper Pool?

OIP.axJW4RB6LdzOJWzzkm0c2wHaE8?pid=ImgDe 

Prior to his ejection, Pool had a team-high 14 tackles. Pool was an All-SEC second team selection in 2020 after tallying 101 tackles, which ranked second on the team, 6.5 tackles for loss and five passes broken up, which tied with Morgan to lead Arkansas’ linebackers. He led the Razorbacks in tackles in six games. 

Given that the penalty and ejection took place in the second half, Pool will miss the first half of next week’s marquee showdown against Texas. Morgan’s targeting ejection occurred in the first half, which means he will be eligible to play the entire game against the Longhorns.

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Prior to his ejection, Pool had a team-high 14 tackles. Pool was an All-SEC second team selection in 2020 after tallying 101 tackles, which ranked second on the team, 6.5 tackles for loss and five passes broken up, which tied with Morgan to lead Arkansas’ linebackers. He led the Razorbacks in tackles in six games. 

Given that the penalty and ejection took place in the second half, Pool will miss the first half of next week’s marquee showdown against Texas. Morgan’s targeting ejection occurred in the first half, which means he will be eligible to play the entire game against the Longhorns.

If you think his name is super white trash, just wait until you meet his brothers Pocket and Dirty

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

@Fud post last Tuesday

"Arkansas' starting NT apparently had an appendectomy Saturday night."

Also Arky LB Bumper Pool ejected in 2nd half vs Rice so he will miss 1st half vs TEXAS

Ridgeway had an appendectomy last Saturday. I still doubt he’s good to go though. 

Pool is a terribly overrated LB.  Grades out poorly every week. Makes All SEC due to high tackle numbers. Morgan is legit though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Not about size all about power

Living with the Irish curse, you have to be creative. 

13 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

No rock bottom, but give the sides hell.  

This. 😁😢🤪

8 hours ago, Gohogs14 said:

Most of that half is from Texas though. The Arkansas game atmosphere has been terrible since about 2016 since we’ve sucked so bad but when it’s packed it can get really loud. Jalen Hurts and Greg McElroy both said it was the loudest stadium they played in.

Took me a long time to get over that Matt Jones fumble late in the 4th.

I have no doubt his performance a year earlier in Austin assisted with your recovery. Brutal for us. 3rd and forever… ugh. 

17 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Ridgeway had an appendectomy last Saturday. I still doubt he’s good to go though. 

Pool is a terribly overrated LB.  Grades out poorly every week. Makes All SEC due to high tackle numbers. Morgan is legit though. 

This is my wheelhouse. General rule post laparotomy of any type is no physical activity for two weeks; and that's if everything post-operative goes perfectly.

He's not playing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Bumper with the big time 40 year-old, dad of three energy. 

BC9F28C8-F6FD-4102-B47D-F6FF18B94D8B.thumb.jpeg.b26fbab1d901e0ea8c5ef119661ac87f.jpeg