Arkansas game week

Wulaw Horn

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

If Card throws for 200+, picks up a couple of firsts with his legs and doesn't turn the ball over (i.e. what he did against what may be a better defense) I have a hard time seeing pig stay in this one.

Like I said -- boring, in the best possible way. 20+ carries for Bijan, 200 or so yards from Card (or Thompson if need be), and profit. No MENSA necessary. Just line up and beat 'em.

• Hook 'Em 3

I think the plan on D will be similar to this week - keep Jefferson in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm. Outside of him, they don’t seem to have much of a running game either. I just can’t see them scoring many points on us with their personnel on offense.

The biggest X-factor is how Card and our O-line can perform in a hostile environment against a really smart DC. I’m not counting on us being able to convert as many 3rd and longs as we did against ULL, but as long as we don’t give them points via turnovers, I think we’ll be able to gut out a 24-13 type win and I’ll be very happy with that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

Like I said -- boring, in the best possible way. 20+ carries for Bijan, 200 or so yards from Card (or Thompson if need be), and profit. No MENSA necessary. Just line up and beat 'em.

This would involve good sound football logic and common sense coaching.  We're Texas.  What are you thinkin'?

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Rewind with Sark  for those who don't have LHN:

Love the content.  That being said, I kind of wish Sark could have used that 1 hr to prep/rest or whatever else he needs to do as opposed to spending time doing LHN content although im sure thats part of his job.

10 minutes ago, Wizardofhawgz said:

lol...I pull up the last two years...in which Arkansas' SOS is #1...and then I go back and show that even 15 years ago it was the most difficult over an 8 year period...and your "comeback" is "why didn't you show more years"???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Meanwhile on that same 8 year list, Texas' SOS was #50...didn't hear you dispute that, big guy...Neither did you dispute the fact that little 'ol Ann Richards kicked your Bevo asses and kept you from joining the Big Boy conference 30 years ago, after you'd told the SEC you'd come along with Arkansas.  That's how/why S. Carolina is in the SEC now.

If you can't see the difference in what you're about to start playing (when you come to the SEC) compared to the cushy schedule you've been used to playing, your record in upcoming seasons will remind you...

Texas (Mensa coached) 28-21 Georgia (SEC runner up)

LSU (national champs) 45- 38 Texas (Mensa coached) For reference that same team beat you 56-20 baw. Sounds like y’all still haven’t gotten used to the big bad brutality of the SEC.

It’s not as hard as you blowhards make it out to be. It honestly might help Texas because Texas historically has faired well against the best in college football and slip up against the .500 team that you don’t get up for.

I think the plan on D will be similar to this week - keep Jefferson in the pocket and make him beat you with his arm. Outside of him, they don’t seem to have much of a running game either. I just can’t see them scoring many points on us with their personnel on offense.

The biggest X-factor is how Card and our O-line can perform in a hostile environment against a really smart DC. I’m not counting on us being able to convert as many 3rd and longs as we did against ULL, but as long as we don’t give them points via turnovers, I think we’ll be able to gut out a 24-13 type win and I’ll be very happy with that. 

Agreed. I think it’s very possible Texas struggles on offense. Card will probably be under a fair amount of pressure because the OL isn’t very good. If his decision making is on par with the ULL game, Texas will be fine because Arkansas isn’t a threat to this Texas defense. Eventually Texas will pull away. But if Card turns the ball over a couple times then Arkansas could be in business.

Fortunately he didn’t do anything particularly stupid under pressure against ULL, which bodes well.
  • Like 1

Once again, you win the "Dunce of the Day" award...Good GAWD, you guys are clueless when it comes to college football.  You know NOTHING outside of your own program.
Here's the list of the hardest schedules this year, as per ESPN FPI Index:  https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-toughest-schedules-Top-25-ESPN-FPI-Florida-Alabama-Arkansas-Ole-Miss-Tennessee-Georgia-164381452/#164381452_14
Here is a link using the same index for 2020 schedules:  https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/espn-ranks-secs-toughest-schedules-for-2020/
And just to show you that this isn't a "flash in the pan", here's a link to an analysis of the schedules from 2003 to 2010.  Scroll down to the third table to see the list of the toughest schedules over that 8 year period.   Pay particular note to who is #1 in SOS in that stretch, and who is #50.
See, I'm so 'fucking dumb" that I use actual, verifiable FACTS to make my points.  Something you "talk first, think later (if ever at all)" fools know nothing about.
It's gonna be interesting when Bevo steps out of a conference in which he bullied everyone and demanded coddling into a conference where he'll just be another team.

Are those the same people that ranked LSU this season?
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

he'll have to find another name now. This one is cooked.

This is the tell-tale reaction...cowards, all of you.  You issue these hollow challenges about "hope you all show up back over here after we beat you", but both you and I know that if Arkansas wins that game, ALL Arkansas posters here will be banned...because you guys can't handle the heat.  You just can't.

This proves it.  Any objective reading of my posts would rate them average to mild compared with MANY other posters here and what they've said about Arkansas.  And, unlike 95% of the posters here, I actually back my claims up with FACTS (credible links and numbers).  But you can't stand someone who actually stands up to your pussy selves, so you pull a bitch move and take away the right to post.  

You can't be any more chickenshit than that.  But it's absolutely no surprise to me.  

Texas pussies gonna pussy.

And, boy, am I gonna love seeing Texas get "broken in" when that Bevo azz eventually moves into the SEC.

The irony is...I WILL come back here on Sunday if Arkansas loses.  I'm accountable and I take my medicine as well as dish it out.  But I'll be gone long before I get a chance to do that.

• Fuck You 37

5 minutes ago, chase25 said:

LSU (national champs) 45- 38 Texas (Mensa coached) For reference that same team beat you 56-20 baw. Sounds like y’all still haven’t gotten used to the big bad brutality of the SEC.

It’s not as hard as you blowhards make it out to be. It honestly might help Texas because Texas historically has faired well against the best in college football and slip up against the .500 team that you don’t get up for.

But, now you've just described exactly why the Horns might actually lose to the piglets.  They've become a perennial sub .500 program...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wizardofhawgz said:

This is the tell-tale reaction...cowards, all of you.  You issue these hollow challenges about "hope you all show up back over here after we beat you", but both you and I know that if Arkansas wins that game, ALL Arkansas posters here will be banned...because you guys can't handle the heat.  You just can't.

This proves it.  Any objective reading of my posts would rate them average to mild compared with MANY other posters here and what they've said about Arkansas.  And, unlike 95% of the posters here, I actually back my claims up with FACTS (credible links and numbers).  But you can't stand someone who actually stands up to your pussy selves, so you pull a bitch move and take away the right to post.  

You can't be any more chickenshit than that.  But it's absolutely no surprise to me.  

And, boy, am I gonna love seeing Texas get "broken in" when that Bevo azz eventually moves into the SEC.

The irony is...I WILL come back here on Sunday if Arkansas loses.  I'm accountable and I take my medicine as well as dish it out.  But I'll be gone long before I get a chance to do that.

The Rock Shut Up GIF by WWE

19 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Do you remember how fired up they were when they almost won but still lost?

fathawg.png.fec8b2795db26b201e3b1876da2ba584.png

Hey we actually won that one. Of course it was the last one Petrino coached.

So frustrating the amount of times we go into OT with them and shoot ourselves in the foot with a new, unbelievable way to lose. We lost to them in 2014 due to the only tripping penalty called in the SEC the entire year 😂

• Hook 'Em 1

You really are trying so hard to get us to care about you. But we don’t. Your pleonasm is unwarranted.

And this isn’t some shitty sec board, we can curse here and spell it correctly to accentuate our points.

2 hours ago, WizardofHogz said:

It's gonna be interesting when Bevo steps out of a conference in which he bullied everyone and demanded coddling into a conference where he'll just be another team.

Were you guys always this Aggie or did getting your head kicked in by the SEC turn you into masochists in love with their dominators?

The Aggies knowingly exchanged one nemesis (us) for a crowd of nemeses (the SEC) because they felt oddly proud to have their ass kicked by Alabama and LSU versus how they felt about losing to Texas.

Y'all left to escape the state of Texas where all your conference foes were and where you thought you were victims of prejudice. Understandable, frankly. An all-Texas conference has drawbacks for Texas teams, too. You thought you'd be better off elsewhere. 

Now you show up hiding under the SEC skirt like the Aggies. Pitiful. Y'all actually did stuff in the 60s and 70s. Now all you believe in is your SEC patch.

You and Aggy moved to the SEC and created a ripple in the college football world. Texas and OU move to the SEC and that same football world is rocked to the core.

There's a reason for that. Calling us all dumbasses isn't changing that. If we've found the right coach, you and the Aggies can enjoy being dominated by your old masters whom you hate and your new masters whom you love.

It's a masochists' paradise.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, WizardofHogz said:

Boy...you can sure tell the difference in that Texas education by looking at the posts...NOT...

Funny how you jackasses criticize our posts when yours are just as bad, or worse.  Typical Austin arrogance.  

Fuck it. You are an Aggie. Your grammar is better than a hawg's, but you're abjectly pitiful prose is Aggy boilerplate.

That "NOT" was really stinging. You had me going there.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Wizardofhawgz said:

lol...I pull up the last two years...in which Arkansas' SOS is #1...and then I go back and show that even 15 years ago it was the most difficult over an 8 year period...and your "comeback" is "why didn't you show more years"???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Meanwhile on that same 8 year list, Texas' SOS was #50...didn't hear you dispute that, big guy...Neither did you dispute the fact that little 'ol Ann Richards kicked your Bevo asses and kept you from joining the Big Boy conference 30 years ago, after you'd told the SEC you'd come along with Arkansas.  That's how/why S. Carolina is in the SEC now.

If you can't see the difference in what you're about to start playing (when you come to the SEC) compared to the cushy schedule you've been used to playing, your record in upcoming seasons will remind you...

Translated: I cherry picked random years to make our numbers look better.

10 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

90% he is an aggy troll posting under the guise of a hog fan with disabilities. Actual disabilities. Not just the disability of being a hog fan. Once he said he was at a John Daily make a wish golf tourney I know that shit was peak trolling  

He's not. He actually has posted some on another site that I go to from time to time. Lives in the same area as I do. 

On 9/5/2021 at 5:13 PM, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I made the trip in 2004. That was a hostile home crowd that night. One of the best feelings in sports is walking out of a stadium as a visiting road fan and your team won. 

Thanks for posting. It was cool to rewatch in 40 minutes. I was there and that place was lit up. It will be crazy again Saturday night.

This is why I think the game will be close. We had much more talent than the pigs that year and they still played us until the last second. Both teams are worse, and we have a new coach and freshman QB. 

1 hour ago, chase25 said:

fuckin' cockroaches....

Getting back to the actual game... Arkansas is going to look like a much better team than showed up against Rice. I still think Texas should win, but better teams than ours have gone into hostile environments on the road at night and lost against worst teams than we will face on Saturday night. It's college football. These kind of upsets happen on the regular. And make no mistake, this is the biggest game Arkansas has played since the last time they played us. They will throw the kitchen trailer sink at us. We will get the best version of their team. This would make their entire season/decade.

That said, as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the dick on special teams or have crippling turnovers, I think Texas wins. Our team, for the first time in forever, seems very fundamentally sound in all three phases. That Arkansas offense isn't going to put up a ton of points on PK's defense if they have long fields all night. And I do think Sark will find plenty of matchups to exploit underneath as well as put the Arkansas DBs in conflict deep. I know Barry Odom has a very good reputation but that defensive backfield isn't as consistent or as disciplined as what we saw week 1. They are likely more talented, especially with Catalon, but they are more prone to coverage breakdowns. Louisiana doesn't really beat themselves. Arkansas is more than capable of doing so. I think that, barring turnovers, it plays out a lot like Louisiana. Close first half with Texas putting some distance between them in the third quarter and then riding it out and getting the fuck out of there. If we fuck around with turnovers/special teams, we could very well find out.

4 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Getting back to the actual game... Arkansas is going to look like a much better team than showed up against Rice. I still think Texas should win, but better teams than ours have gone into hostile environments on the road at night and lost against worst teams than we will face on Saturday night. It's college football. These kind of upsets happen on the regular. And make no mistake, this is the biggest game Arkansas has played since the last time they played us. They will throw the kitchen trailer sink outhouse at us. We will get the best version of their team. This would make their entire season/decade.

That said, as long as we don't shoot ourselves in the dick on special teams or have crippling turnovers, I think Texas wins. Our team, for the first time in forever, seems very fundamentally sound in all three phases. That Arkansas offense isn't going to put up a ton of points on PK's defense if they have long fields all night. And I do think Sark will find plenty of matchups to exploit underneath as well as put the Arkansas DBs in conflict deep. I know Barry Odom has a very good reputation but that defensive backfield isn't as consistent or as disciplined as what we saw week 1. They are likely more talented, especially with Catalon, but they are more prone to coverage breakdowns. Louisiana doesn't really beat themselves. Arkansas is more than capable of doing so. I think that, barring turnovers, it plays out a lot like Louisiana. Close first half with Texas putting some distance between them in the third quarter and then riding it out and getting the fuck out of there. If we fuck around with turnovers/special teams, we could very well find out.

FIFY

12 minutes ago, jinx said:

Thanks for posting. It was cool to rewatch in 40 minutes. I was there and that place was lit up. It will be crazy again Saturday night.

This is why I think the game will be close. We had much more talent than the pigs that year and they still played us until the last second. Both teams are worse, and we have a new coach and freshman QB. 

We played like shit in 2004 until the Tech game in October.  That's when we started to click (and still had a close one against KU).

We also kicked off both halves of that game (against Arky).  I had never seen that happen.  And then of course Strong did it also.