Game Day Experience 2021

blacklab

This is pretty far down the importance list, but the band's entrance keeps getting lamer. They used to march in the stadium playing Texas Fight. Now they kind of all run in and assemble in the end zone. Then a cadence is played. Followed by another one. Then that fanfare thing. Then finally Texas Fight. I'm not sure why they are over-complicating this. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

First game this year. 

A little disappointed in the Longhorn stadium cutout. It looks awesome, but should be able to do more with the lighting/smoke/etc.  Maybe they’ll incorporate it more when they get the LED lights in??? Also, the empty seats look pretty pitiful. 

What’s up with the band at the half?  Not that I care, but they only played for like 5 minutes and then there was 15 minutes of an empty field and silence. 

Big ass scoreboard and no mention of individual stats. Was wondering how many yards Bijan had and couldn’t find it (there’s a scrolling stat line on NE side, but it was stuck on J. Moore and his 0 catches for 0 yards). Also, nothing one other NCAA scores, but the announcer did give some updates (that I couldn’t understand). 

This is pretty far down the importance list, but the band's entrance keeps getting lamer. They used to march in the stadium playing Texas Fight. Now they kind of all run in and assemble in the end zone. Then a cadence is played. Followed by another one. Then that fanfare thing. Then finally Texas Fight. I'm not sure why they are over-complicating this. 
The original entrance had to be done away with because of the hall of fame in NEZ. Band can't come through the tunnel which sucks. As for the new pregame, yeah I don't like it. I think it was a GA from Penn State that had the bright to change it in 2018 to be more like Penn State. Their band does a similar thing

15 hours ago, blacklab said:

Pretty sure the seats come with either a club membership or suite. No one in their right mind would leave the club or suite to sit out there

So everyone is clear on the SEZ. This is how it works.

A – Loge Box

$150,000 capital gift and $4,000 annual gift per seat *WAITLISTED

B – Living Room Box

Eight-seat box: $500,000 capital gift and $5,000 annual gift per seat

Four-seat box: $250,000 capital gift and $5,000 annual gift per seat *WAITLISTED

C – Field Club Seats

$20,000 capital gift per seat and $4,000 annual gift per seat

I don’t like looking at the empty seats either, but the selling point of the Field Club Seats by The Longhorn Foundation was exactly what we’re witnessing. Access to the ground level club where food and drink are served and the opportunity to be field level watching the game next to Bevo. That’s how I was toured. You’re paying for club access where you can sit or stand in the club, sit in your actual assigned seats in the stands and most importantly out of the elements. I can’t fault them the last two games for being in the club with the a/c in that heat last two Saturdays. What I think would help are video board(s) in the NEZ. Foundation told me CDC was looking into it. I gave up Centennial Club because all that ever occurred for me was standing/sitting around the bar drinking/eating and socializing while missing all the live action. Hardly anyone sits in their actual Centennial Club seats either. You all just don’t notice because you can’t see the rows of empty seats behind the glass. It is what it is. 

Edited by Okcool
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Why don't they just ask people to pay $20,000 per person and have food delivered to them at home during the game

Yeah I'm unceasingly amazed at what some of these people will pay to go to the stadium & drink in a suite. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I mean I think we get why those seats are empty. The rich folk don’t want to sit in them and would rather be inside. But it still doesn’t change the fact that it doesn’t look good 

CDC needs to cut a deal with the ticketholders where if they aren't going to use the seats, UT can put their seats up for sale on a game by game basis, or even give them out to deserving groups, students, charity groups, whatever.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Okcool said:

A – Loge Box

B – Living Room Box

Four-seat box: $250,000 capital gift and $5,000 annual gift per seat *WAITLISTED

C – Field Club Seats

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not in the habit of telling people what to do with shit that they pay for and i won't start now but a simple seatfiller system would work.  You get a ticket for normal price and get to sit in those seats if and when empty until if and when owners tap you out.  Then maybe a standing room only area for those seat fillers tapped out.

Edited by RollLeft

1 hour ago, Okcool said:

A – Loge Box

B – Living Room Box

C – Field Club Seats

I don’t like looking at the empty seats either, but the selling point of the Field Club Seats by The Longhorn Foundation was exactly what we’re witnessing. Access to the ground level club where food and drink are served and the opportunity to be field level watching the game next to Bevo. That’s how I was toured. You’re paying for club access where you can sit or stand in the club, sit in your actual assigned seats in the stands and most importantly out of the elements. I can’t fault them the last two games for being in the club with the a/c in that heat last two Saturdays. What’ I think might help would be video board(s) in the NEZ. Foundation told me CDC was looking into it. I gave up Centennial Club because all that ever occurred for was standing/sitting around the bar drinking/eating and socializing while missing all the live action. Hardly anyone sits in their actual Centennial Club seats either. You all just don’t notice because you can’t see the rows of empty seats behind the glass. It is what it is. 

Yeah we all know.  That's why everyone is calling it out.  It looks like complete shit and we all understand that our money-grubbing bullshit athletic department doesn't give even one half of a rat's ass about it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

At gate six they replaced all the people scanning tickets with portable scanners.  Now they just have a bunch of scanners on stands so you scan your own tickets.  The people at the gate just watch to make sure nobody sneaks in and to help the technologically impaired

that seems smart

On 9/10/2021 at 2:20 PM, nineliveslost said:

After a year away from full capacity at DKR, there were some significant game day challenges that prevented us from being the well-oiled machine you’re accustomed to.

6 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I'm sure if we played a decent opponent those end zone seats would be full 

Seeing the donation level for those seats, I highly doubt it....I'd imagine most of those are just corporate bought seats for events and the events are happening down stairs, not in the stands at the game.

And that was CDC's big mistake.  The mega donor seats should only be in the higher rows because you had to know they'd get out of the sun to drink in AC and those seats would be empty. (<another rant> And why grey seats?  Those stand out even more than if they made them burnt orange.)  The first 20 or so rows should have been regular end zone seats to develop more atmosphere and give a better look for tv. 

13 minutes ago, TxEx84 said:

And that was CDC's big mistake.  The mega donor seats should only be in the higher rows because you had to know they'd get out of the sun to drink in AC and those seats would be empty. (<another rant> And why grey seats?  Those stand out even more than if they made them burnt orange.)  The first 20 or so rows should have been regular end zone seats to develop more atmosphere and give a better look for tv. 

Be patient. I am sure CDC will iron out the details.

16 hours ago, EZ$ said:

First game this year. 

A little disappointed in the Longhorn stadium cutout. It looks awesome, but should be able to do more with the lighting/smoke/etc.  Maybe they’ll incorporate it more when they get the LED lights in??? Also, the empty seats look pretty pitiful. 

What’s up with the band at the half?  Not that I care, but they only played for like 5 minutes and then there was 15 minutes of an empty field and silence. 

Big ass scoreboard and no mention of individual stats. Was wondering how many yards Bijan had and couldn’t find it (there’s a scrolling stat line on NE side, but it was stuck on J. Moore and his 0 catches for 0 yards). Also, nothing one other NCAA scores, but the announcer did give some updates (that I couldn’t understand). 

Stats and out of town scores have been shit for 15 years at least.  It's as if the thought that people at the games might be college football fans never occurred to anyone in Bellmont.  At least they fixed the internet now and you can look them up on your phone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Sitting in the NEZ, the band coming from the speakers where the cheerleaders are on the West Side has a terrible delay. The students are finishing up The Eyes even before we get to Gabriel blowing his horn. Call me a Karen but wtf this gets on my fucking nerves how we’re all not synced up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2021 at 2:40 PM, Red Five said:

Please bring this back in some way, no matter what tunnel they have to come through. Has actual rhythm and you can't beat this build up. Keep it simple and awesome

Edited by Doak
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Nabbed some pretty good tickets

First game for the 1.5 year old

How's the Bevo Blvd for the super tiny ones? Pretty pumped!

Depends on you it's packed and lots of fun. Not too much for an 18 month old but that's a good age. Not too mobile yet! If it's too busy just swing by the tailgate we are near the longhorn city limits thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

Depends on you it's packed and lots of fun. Not too much for an 18 month old but that's a good age. Not too mobile yet! If it's too busy just swing by the tailgate we are near the longhorn city limits thing. 

Awesome, he's now actually 21 months so he's getting pretty intense with running. Likes to play hide-n-seek in clothes section which is always fun. Maybe I'll tie a leash or a GPS to em lol.

Just hope it's nice and cool out so him and preggo momma don't gas out at the end of the 1st Q.

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Awesome, he's now actually 21 months so he's getting pretty intense with running. Likes to play hide-n-seek in clothes section which is always fun. Maybe I'll tie a leash or a GPS to em lol.

Just hope it's nice and cool out so him and preggo momma don't gas out at the end of the 1st Q.

Oh, you are a brave soul. No way I'd take Gunnar (22 month) to a game he'd run on the field.

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2021 at 6:48 AM, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

Seeing the donation level for those seats, I highly doubt it....I'd imagine most of those are just corporate bought seats for events and the events are happening down stairs, not in the stands at the game.

This. As long as those are premium seats with the option of hanging out in a club with AC and TVs, those seats will remain mostly empty.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Me and a buddy sold our regular seats and bought Field Club for tomorrow to check it out.  So I'll report back next week.  And if my ass stays down on the patio level during game you can all bitch at me for being part of the problem.

Why would we wait and bitch about that? Not very surly of you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I've attempted several games with my wife and 1 year old, then a with a 2 year old and then with a 3 year old and a baby.  They have yet to last past first quarter.  Each time I just splurged on either a Manor or Navy Blue parking pass, they left, and I stayed for the game and ubered to where we were staying.   We are trying it again with a 5 and 2 year old for Okie St. but I fully expect the same outcome.

Edited by Skipper
  • Haha 2