Game Day Experience 2021

blacklab

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I've attempted several games with my wife and 1 year old, then a with a 2 year old and then with a 3 year old and a baby.  They have yet to last past first quarter.  Each time I just splurged on either a Manor or Navy Blue parking pass, they left, and I stayed for the game and ubered to where we were staying.   We are trying it again with a 5 and 2 year old for Okie St. but I fully expect the same outcome.

They are staying the whole game screaming and crying or whatever!

money-down-the-drain-picture-id153772554

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I've been taking both my younger ones to the games, including the OU game), since they were 3 and 4.  They learned from an early age that you stayed until the EOT was sung.  My son lost interest as soon as he could stay home by himself, but my daughter is still a diehard fan.

Nice.  I need to get mine tougher.  Although I've also happened to pick either shitty day games (too hot and my season tix are east side facing the sun) or a night game past their bedtime.  We come in from out of town so pick the date around our schedules before we know game time.   So rooting for a 2:30 start on a cloudy day for OSU.    My son did stay an entire rangers game this summer in the air conditioning.  Soft.

Please bring this back in some way, no matter what tunnel they have to come through. Has actual rhythm and you can't beat this build up. Keep it simple and awesome

Man the old school drum cadence you could hear coming from outside the stadium then they appear coming from the tunnel was the best. Such a limpdick pregame nowadays.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Went today. Agree with @Red Five. The band was weak as fuck which sucks my balls. The show band of the south west is so fuckin badass when they do the badass shit they’re known for is just glorious. Was on the east side. Was satisfied with the amount of noise we made. But yeah. Less adds, more band and Texas fight and the good shit plz 

Went today. Agree with [mention=200]Red Five[/mention]. The band was weak as fuck which sucks my balls. The show band of the south west is so fuckin badass when they do the badass shit they’re known for is just glorious. Was on the east side. Was satisfied with the amount of noise we made. But yeah. Less adds, more band and Texas fight and the good shit plz 

LHB actually plays a lot. The issue is that we are so in love with our new Jumbotron toy. Whoever runs that is allergic to silence. 100% of the time during the game is “scheduled,” and there is zero spontaneity. Multiple times the Jumbotron played over LHB.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Count me on team “whatever it takes to never schedule the game when it’s 95+ outside”.

Hiring charity volunteers to run concession stands is stupid.

I don’t have a problem with Bob Cole, but won’t shed tears if he is replaced.  I just fear they’d replace him with some loudmouth to appeal to the students.

Edited by Snake Diggity

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Count me on team “whatever it takes to never schedule the game when it’s 95+ outside”.

Hiring charity volunteers to run concession stands is stupid.

I don’t have a problem with Bob Cole, but won’t shed tears if he is replaced.  I just fear they’d replace him with some loudmouth to appeal to the students.

I remember in high school working concessions at UT game and percentage of the money earned at your concession area went to our senior class. It’s been that way for a long time. 

On 9/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, SuperSport said:

Fuck you, Bob Cole. Seriously, you are the worst.

This. I don’t really mind so much him fucking up the down and distance fairly regularly, I can see the scoreboard for that or just pay attention myself, it’s the annoying cartoon voice that you constantly hear that drives me up the wall. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minute commercials after 1st and 3rd quarters. 3 plus minutes for the majority of breaks. Seemed like fewer continuance of play after possession changes.

Versus ULaLa the breaks were shorter.

Just one of the reasons players are making us so much money. More commercial time. More concessions consumption time.

These long breaks are number 1 detriment to the in person game experience. The powers that be could do something about it. They won’t.

Yes, this three game stretch is critical (3 games played over 14 days starting Saturday).  I like the cut of that man's jib.  

What's the vibe like inside TCU's stadium anyway?  Maybe be going for the very first time on Saturday.

14 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

This. I don’t really mind so much him fucking up the down and distance fairly regularly, I can see the scoreboard for that or just pay attention myself, it’s the annoying cartoon voice that you constantly hear that drives me up the wall. 

5 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

Went to game Sat, luckily got some shaded seats. Could not see jumbo tron, so kind of ignored  it. I much rather hear the band than A signalong of Journey or Neil fucking Diamond? Thought I was in Fenway for a second?

Agree that the band doesn't get enough airtime, but the original Don't Stop Believin' game was such an organically cool moment (despite the game outcome), it could've easily become a new stadium tradition. Someone posted at the time that Bellmont would undoubtedly ruin it by selling a sponsorship and giving Bob Cole the intro, and sure enough, it's now a forced Disney sing along/karaoke brought to you by Whataburger. Straight trash.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SuperSport said:

Agree that the band doesn't get enough airtime, but the original Don't Stop Believin' game was such an organically cool moment (despite the game outcome), it could've easily become a new stadium tradition. Someone posted at the time that Bellmont would undoubtedly ruin it by selling a sponsorship and giving Bob Cole the intro, and sure enough, it's now a forced Disney sing along/karaoke brought to you by Whataburger. Straight trash.

Same with the first time they played jump around

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, mchookem said:

ohhh...was that a...WVU game? where we won a close one in awesome fashion? i swear i remember giggling at the players jumping on the sideline and just how excited and awesome they were, how fun it was...am i remembering that right? 🤔

Yeah it was WVU during a big review of an interception if i remember correctly. Stadium was rocking

On 9/19/2021 at 10:12 AM, BluTechsan said:

have noticed that that shining and wonderful conference you just joined - the SOUTHEAST Conference - you, know, in the south east - the humid. south. east - plays an awful lot of day games too???

LSU night games say "Hi!"  Lulz.

Edited by BachelorTrek

• 2 weeks later...

10.12.2021 | Football

Final opportunity to purchase Football 3-Game Mini Plans

#25 Texas hosts #12 Oklahoma State Saturday at 11 a.m. at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium

PURCHASE MINI PLANS

With three home games remaining, this week is the final opportunity to purchase Mini Plans for the 2021 Texas Football season at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.  Starting at $165, mini plans include tickets to the Oklahoma State (10/16), Kansas (11/13), and K-State (11/26) games. 

Mini Plans can be purchased online at TexasSports.com/tickets  or by calling 512-471-3333 (Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central).

Gameday on the Forty Acres begins at 8 a.m. this Saturday when Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B, Smokey's Midway, and Hook 'Em Hangout all open!  Come out early, enjoy all of the FREE activities and enjoy all the food trucks and happy hour pricing in these areas.  Whether that's the zip line, ferris wheel, all of the Instagrammable moments, or Longhorn City Limits concerts featuring North Mississippi Allstars and Greyhounds, there's something for everyone!  Check TexasSports.com/Gameday throughout the week for updates on this weekend's timeline and activities. 

Single-game tickets are also available beginning at $40 per game (pricing varies by game and seat location). 

GROUP TICKETS
Group tickets are now available for groups of 20 or more beginning at $45 per ticket (pricing varies per game and quantity).  Group tickets are perfect for outings with family, friends, coworkers and more. For more information or to purchase tickets for your group or organization today, please call Texas Athletics at 512-471-3333 (Monday through Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central).

So with 3 games left, I can still buy a 3-game mini-plan.  So glad they hired an extra dozen interns to send me an email/text/VM blast about this very obvious fact every 4 hours for the last 4 days.  Hey LHF...will single game tickets be on sale for Kansas State on the last day of the regular season?!? 

LHN looking to offset from the usual broadcast times (11:00 or 2:30p) the Kansas game on 11/13, Something like a Noon or a 4:00pm kinda deal.  But no night game, since we play at Gonzaga that night.  

I have a decent idea for that day.  Have the Kansas game start at 5:30p on LHN.  It'll end shortly after 9:00p, yes?  Let the people who wanna leave...leave.  Let everybody else piss and open some of the bars and concessions back up.  Dim the stadium lights a bit, and turn the jumbotron over to ESPN2 at 9:30p for #3 Texas @ #1 Gonzaga.  And let's watch it with 30,000 other Longhorn fans on Godzillatron.  Be the coolest gamewatching party I've ever been to.  I have no idea how we all get home, but they can make it work economically.  You need maybe 1/3 skeleton crew, move everybody down to the main bowl, and keep 25% of the concessions back open or whatever.  

I know they want another "night" game, but they start KU at 6:00p and nobody's coming back after halftime.  They're gonna watch the second half somewhere else and get to their place of choice to watch the big hoops game.  It'll be the saddest second half at DKR in awhile, and that's saying something.  

I don't have twitter.  I was hoping somebody on here that's already had a good twitter rapport/experience with him would do it (he has so many dipshits tweet him so much dumb shit over the years).  But I've noticed from screenshots that he likes some folks so they get a good volley going back and forth online.

On 9/26/2021 at 11:07 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

I remember in high school working concessions at UT game and percentage of the money earned at your concession area went to our senior class. It’s been that way for a long time. 

Yeah and concession service has sucked at DKR for a long time.

Volunteers should work high school games, not 100K seat stadiums, regardless of ‘how we used to do shit back in the day’…

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

I don't have twitter.  I was hoping somebody on here that's already had a good twitter rapport/experience with him would do it (he has so many dipshits tweet him so much dumb shit over the years).  But I've noticed from screenshots that he likes some folks so they get a good volley going back and forth online.

By the way, I haven’t been following basketball so I had no idea our new coach made a national championship caliber team magically appear out of the portal until your post made me check out the preseason rankings

Well, both del Conte and Hartzell indicated last evening that they are lobbying the LHN to select 11:00a for the Kansas kickoff.  Their reasoning is that this will give them enough time to hop on the jet to Washington for the Gonzaga game that night.  They fist-bumped each other for the great idea and walked off.  I felt so violated.

Edited by Lobo