The Best at Playing Themselves

Eskimohorn

I got Bob Barker in Happy Gilmore. Playing the heel, “The Price is Wrong, Bitch!”

Kareem in Airplane!, “Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes!”

Bill Murray in Zombieland, “I was always bad at practical jokes.”

John Malkovich in Being John Malkovich

54 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

I think he was being facetious in that Sean Connery just plays himself in every movie.

That would make sense if it was true. The problem is that it’s so not true. The assertion that it is true is preposterous. It doesn’t even deserve a debate and you should be embarrassed by suggesting otherwise. 

You want celebrities playing themselves? Watch the Larry Sanders Show. Okay, they weren’t exactly playing themselves. They were appearing as themselves, but as caricatures of themselves. Or jokes of themselves. And there was probably some truth to it because that’s what makes good comedy.

Show me one movie where Owen Wilson doesn't have his hands in his sleeves and make the same mannerisms over and over again while being just vaguely funny and I'll die of shock.  I love the films he's in, and I love that's a Longhorn, but he's the least funny comedic actor of all time.  He's Owen Wilson in every movie.  And that's not a good thing.  

That would make sense if it was true. The problem is that it’s so not true. The assertion that it is true is preposterous. It doesn’t even deserve a debate and you should be embarrassed by suggesting otherwise. 

He also suggested Connery can do whatever the fuck he wants because he was James Bond. Maybe you should save your lectures for the Ohio St thread debating if knocking QBs in the head is a penalty or not.

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

Show me one movie where Owen Wilson doesn't have his hands in his sleeves and make the same mannerisms over and over again while being just vaguely funny and I'll die of shock.  I love the films he's in, and I love that's a Longhorn, but he's the least funny comedic actor of all time.  He's Owen Wilson in every movie.  And that's not a good thing.  

He was different in Bottle Rocket than he was in that Jackie Chan movie.   But I tend to think they hire him to be a similar character.  You hire Christian Bale if you want an actor.  

I’ll take him every day and twice on Sunday over Will Ferrell, who plays the same unfunny guy in every damn movie. At least Wilson has Longhorn pedigree and a crooked nose to add to his character.