Nine Perfect Strangers

XYZ

12 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Been watching it. Not great, not terrible. Nicole Kidman’s Russian accent is distracting. Most of the other characters seem pretty cliche. The premise has me thinking “That’s it?” so far, but I’ll see how the rest of the plot unfolds.

Same boat here.  I think we've watched 3 episodes, although I dozed through the last.  I'm sure we'll watch to the end - 8 relatively short episodes isn't that tough.

kidman's russian accent =/= kidman's american accent (which always has a tinge of aussie even though she's been at it for decades)

it's weird.  intentionally weird.  i like some of the relationships and i've partied with the welsh dude, he's ok.  we'll probably finish it out but not hoping for much.

also took me a couple episodes to realize that was jason from the good place.

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the finale and very underwhelmed. I would say it's somewhere between a mediocre and bad show. Maybe it worked better in book format.

SPOILERS BELOW (anyone reading the thread at this point should expect that)

Masha was not an impressive character. They initially built her up to be some kind of a psychiatric guru, but she was simply a grieving person who was trying to use psychedelics to connect with a dead loved one. And she was microdosing her wellness retreat guests without their knowledge, which felt like a "that's it?" kind of reveal. I expected her to have some kind of amazing people skills or healing abilities and she never really displayed that. She seemed frantic and out of control most of the time.

Ben and Jessica were pointless. No depth to their characters. HBO would've at least used them for eye candy but Hulu didn't even pull that off well.

The rest of the characters were cliché in every imaginable way.

I'm surprised Nicole Kidman agreed to make this.