Vroom

SKJ

this p.o.s. company took my down-payment,  sent the wrong car,  picked up the car,  and still has not given me back my down-payment. 

After numerous phone calls,  I'm still waiting for someone to contact me and give me my money. 

• Rage+1 2

39 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I’m about to sell my truck and Vroom is offering $3K more than Carvana. Think I may go with Carvana and see if they’ll price match. Thanks for being the beta tester.

I would definitely stay away from vroom for sure.  The guy who came to pick up the car was independent,  told me he's heard some wildly terrible stories about them. 

I figure I'll have to drive to Texas to get my money. 

• Like 1

Are you just having to leave a voicemail? Is there some sort of chat / help function you can use? Take a screen shot of their responses.

Send an email spelling out the issue to as many vroom emails as you can find.  Explain the situation, the lack of responsiveness and that you will be contacting the Attorney General's office in their state and yours if this is not resolved in 14 days.

jenny.watson@vroom.com (Chief Experience Officer)

patricia.moran@vroom.com (Chief Legal Officer)

legal@vroom.com (why not try)

john.caine@vroom.com (Chief Conversion Officer) website says his job is to seek out and alleviate the pain points in the car buying process.

peter.scherr@vroom.com (Chief Marketing Officer)

I can't remember what state you are in but reach out to the consumer protection agency (Attorney General) in your state as well as the state that Vroom is HQ'd in (NY from what I can tell).

Light them up on twitter, etc.?

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:39 AM, orange dream said:

Are you just having to leave a voicemail? Is there some sort of chat / help function you can use? Take a screen shot of their responses.

Send an email spelling out the issue to as many vroom emails as you can find.  Explain the situation, the lack of responsiveness and that you will be contacting the Attorney General's office in their state and yours if this is not resolved in 14 days.

john.caine@vroom.com (Chief Conversion Officer) website says his job is to seek out and alleviate the pain points in the car buying process.

I can't remember what state you are in but reach out to the consumer protection agency (Attorney General) in your state as well as the state that Vroom is HQ'd in (NY from what I can tell).

I think those email addresses are .con instead of .com

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2021 at 8:39 AM, orange dream said:

Yes. 

All this,  we've done. 

I think I want to start a class action for fucking fraud replete with punitive damages and etc.

I live in Oklahoma sux, and am just about to file here.  We've already contacted the consumer agency in Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/10/2021 at 8:39 AM, orange dream said:

Ok.

Thanks for this suggestion. 

We email bombed the shit out of these addresses. Subject lines we used were along the lines of seeking prospectus for possible investment, among others. 

Also email bombed all their job ads with transcripts of our conversations and etc...

2 days later,  refund achieved. 

Thanks to all for the suggestions 

Chalk one up for our team

Edited by SKJ
Autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 12:09 PM, Not a cat said:

I'm about to sell a used car and going to use vroom or carvana rather than mess with selling it via craigslist.  I'm assuming from this post to stick with carvana and hotness with vroom?  Any other options out there?

I got bids from carmax and carvana and for my car carmax offered almost 3k higher.