The Watch Fanatic Thread

cabowabo

Just inherited my great-great grandfather's 1894 or 1895 Waltham pocket watch. Hunter design. Took it to the jeweler to see what he needed to do to fix it.

Jeweler wound it, sucker cranked right up. I've been carrying it around using it to tell time.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Just inherited my great-great grandfather's 1894 or 1895 Waltham pocket watch. Hunter design. Took it to the jeweler to see what he needed to do to fix it.

Jeweler wound it, sucker cranked right up. I've been carrying it around using it to tell time.

Post a pic of it please!

The one I have a picture of:  1958 Omega Seamaster

kEUeHaS.jpg

EPIV9gt.jpg

And this is a 60s (I think) Omega Constellation

t84KIo9.jpg

Have some more I'll try to post later.  My dad left me a bunch of watches.  So I have a pretty good collection of the old stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Yah i dont love the ceramic, and no one normal is getting that watch for at least 18 months.     Hell the tudor pepsi has a 12 month wait i was told at the AD.   Going to another AD today or tomorrow to verify.

Tudor Pepsi has a 12 month wait?  Wow.  

19 hours ago, dcbc said:

The one I have a picture of:  1958 Omega Seamaster

kEUeHaS.jpg

EPIV9gt.jpg

And this is a 60s (I think) Omega Constellation

t84KIo9.jpg

Have some more I'll try to post later.  My dad left me a bunch of watches.  So I have a pretty good collection of the old stuff.

I have a 1954 Omega Constellation "Pie Pan" very similar to that one.  It looks just like this one:

33a15520d44d79eb41d75750283cd745.jpg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AnonymousInternetPoster said:

I have a 1954 Omega Constellation "Pie Pan" very similar to that one.  It looks just like this one:

33a15520d44d79eb41d75750283cd745.jpg

Nice! that's in great shape!  I'm kind of guessing on the age of mine.  My dad was born in 1910.  So it's entirely possible that mine is a 50s model, too.  He was hard on bands.  So a lot of his watches had replacement Spiedel stretchy bands on them.

I'm looking to sell off maybe 5-6 watches.  Where do yall tend to go to do that and where would you recommend looking to get pricing?  Watchuseek?  Nothing special (Mido, G. Gerlach, Steinhart, an old Tag, things like that), just some stuff that I don't wear anymore and would prefer to eventually roll into something else.

20 hours ago, MadBurgerMaker said:

I'm looking to sell off maybe 5-6 watches.  Where do yall tend to go to do that and where would you recommend looking to get pricing?  Watchuseek?  Nothing special (Mido, G. Gerlach, Steinhart, an old Tag, things like that), just some stuff that I don't wear anymore and would prefer to eventually roll into something else.

I need to do the same. Official shaggy watch sales thread?

• Like 1

Got a few pictures of the rest of them.  Like a said before, most of these were my dad's, and he wore them until the were well worn.

Better picture of the Omega Constellation from above.

hmsOHEUSB3NZztV4Xv1s7-3SttdCEUfwLeMkv_eu

Omega dress watch from the late 60s.

TedRnL9.jpg

Pretty old Movado Automatic

m6pPcjF.jpg

1978 Rolex Date

bZRLu88.jpg

1983? Audemars Piguet

5nCWBez.jpg

And a good old Seiko (2002) in the corner.

0iHxejh.jpg

• Like 5

I've had these awhile, but don't think I ever posted on the old website.

JgihCJX.jpg

rxfrIw8.jpg

And the second one:

ZSSxL0P.jpg

60AhdPt.jpg

I emailed Sinn customer service about them after I picked them up.  

Watches are from 1980 with no spare parts or other information available.  Watches were produced as part of a "small edition" and have a handwinding Lemania 6100 movement.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ERhine said:

Same here.  Maybe just start a devoted watch sales thread in the sales forum?  No need for everyone to start a new one each time?

That or is everyone cool with just posting them in this thread? Might keep it interesting. 

Also, anyone ever owned an omega dynamic chrono?

Took that Seiko in for one of its unlimited battery changes I signed up for for $35 over fifteen years ago.  Place was having a sale.  So I bought my soon to be 13 year old a nice stainless Seiko for his birthday (in August).

Longer story is that the store had bought out some stock from another store, marked down a nice stainless Seiko, then discounted it 50%.  Got it for $54, and it's a good looking watch.  Pretty happy with myself.

Anyone with old Omegas get them serviced.  What did that run you.  My Seamaster is running fast and my Constellation is likewise overdue.  Trust my local place, but don't want to get overcharged when they give me an estimate next month.