The Watch Fanatic Thread

cabowabo

I've been eyeing a new weekend/beach/whatever watch, so my wife picked this up for me as a gift:
light blue silicone
2019-04-02-20-37-48.jpg
black/orange silicone
2019-04-02-20-41-22.jpg
and a family pic
2019-04-02-20-45-23.jpg

I've been wearing the same Seiko Solar this week... Thinking I need a strap instead of the oyster... a98a354a0df0696cf092aacc8132441c.jpg
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Anyone had any luck with buying from international sellers on chrono24?  Found a great deal on a B&M Clifton Indian I’ve had my eye on for a while but the seller is in Gibraltar but seems to have a legit store.

I have not

On 5/1/2019 at 3:11 AM, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Anyone had any luck with buying from international sellers on chrono24?  Found a great deal on a B&M Clifton Indian I’ve had my eye on for a while but the seller is in Gibraltar but seems to have a legit store.

ive bought international from chrono24 and ebay.  for c24, i check out their website to see if theyre legit, and often times ill buy with direct contact from there, or even in-person during travel.

a couple of the sellers are really flaky though. 

FullSizeRender-116_zpsgyruawqm.jpg

FullSizeRender-115_zps4ln94ijc.jpg

FullSizeRender-114_zps1ori5s7z.jpg

Gonna sell my Underwood 6 watch, winder case. Black leather bound, sliding, tempered glass front, and it has an extra single winder, leather travel box.   They are both battery and AC current powered boxes.  I've always used it the AC power mode

Wanted to drop it here to see of the Surly group has an interest.  PM me, and we can discuss a Surly deal, before I put it on the open market.

10 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Gonna sell my Underwood 6 watch, winder case. Black leather bound, sliding, tempered glass front, and it has an extra single winder, leather travel box.   They are both battery and AC current powered boxes.  I've always used it the AC power mode

Wanted to drop it here to see of the Surly group has an interest.  PM me, and we can discuss a Surly deal, before I put it on the open market.

Does it smell of rich mohagony?

I was hoping to get some feedback from the Surly watch gurus about two tone watches.  I am considering getting a Rolex professional watch for my collection (something that can go with a suit/sport coat, jeans, or even shorts) and since the stainless steel versions are impossible to find or double their retail value I was thinking of doing a two tone (gold/steel).  Is this a mistake?  Not in style?  Curious if people here would wear a two tone Rolex like a GMT or a Sub.  

Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I was hoping to get some feedback from the Surly watch gurus about two tone watches.  I am considering getting a Rolex professional watch for my collection (something that can go with a suit/sport coat, jeans, or even shorts) and since the stainless steel versions are impossible to find or double their retail value I was thinking of doing a two tone (gold/steel).  Is this a mistake?  Not in style?  Curious if people here would wear a two tone Rolex like a GMT or a Sub.  

I personally don't prefer the look.  And for the cost it adds I would much rather have something more "interesting".

There are only a couple of Rolex I would want these days.  I say this as someone that owns a 116234 SS.

I am confused though.  What Rolex are you referring to that is hard to find?  The internet is lousy with just about every model.

1 minute ago, huge said:

I personally don't prefer the look.  And for the cost it adds I would much rather have something more "interesting".

There are only a couple of Rolex I would want these days.  I say this as someone that owns a 116234 SS.

I am confused though.  What Rolex are you referring to that is hard to find?  The internet is lousy with just about every model.

Any stainless steel GMT, Sub, Daytona, etc....are impossible to find at retail.  Take a GMT Pepsi or Batman that are Retail MSRP for like $9K but if you want one you will pay $18-$20K plus which is just stupid.  I am not interested in paying double retail for a SS watch. I was looking at the GMT two tone Root Beer with rose gold or the Black submariner with yellow gold as far as the two tones go.  Just not sure if they are way too flashy or ugly.

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Is it that you want a Rolex or a diver watch ?  There are plenty of great brands out there with almost the identical look at half the price, and more under the radar cool.

I will admit I want th Rolex.  I have a Omega and Panerai dive watch but not in love with them with business attire.  Didn’t want another dress watch either.  Figured the Rolex gets me a little of both business and casual.  Actually sub is not my first choice..  prefer a GMT since I travel a lot.

53 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I'm not in love with yellow-gold anything, or two-tones.  Maybe subtle rose gold if that's the only option available.  But that's just my personal opinion, independent of the horology-historian-collectors-groupthink perspective