cabowabo

The Watch Fanatic Thread

On 11/3/2019 at 9:27 PM, Welshy said:

IMG_5301.JPG

Yeah, bout 20k, but it’s not quite there for me. A Lange & Sohn is there for me. Then I can stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's a nice one, but I thought there was a GO with a very similar design to that Lange

2 hours ago, lazytexasfan said:

5th anniversary coming up in January and wife wants to buy me a watch.

debating between the omega speedy pro (moonwatch) or the iwc portugieser chrono with the blue dial.

i already have a sinn 104 (black dial), sinn 356 (copper), and nomos tangomat (white).

thoughts? leaning towards the iwc port since that's been one I've wanted forever. any recs on where to pick up one? is there even much of a price difference between the boutiques in austin/dallas/houston (I'm in Austin)?

L Majors in Tarrytown carries IWC 

On 10/10/2019 at 8:50 AM, jofus said:

I need this watch - absolutely perfect birthday gift for my dad. It's not on the CoOp website, it's not on Stowa's website ... anyone have any insight? The googlez are no help either.

9 minutes ago, capnamerca said:

I need this watch - absolutely perfect birthday gift for my dad. It's not on the CoOp website, it's not on Stowa's website ... anyone have any insight? The googlez are no help either.

Dig it !!

Anyone know of a service center in Austin or Houston that can work on Omega's?  I'm trying to avoid sending mine in to Culver City and going without it for 2 mos.  Ppresiate ya!

Welp. Been surfing on here for years. Have a Sinn 556I that I love. After about 8 years, I'm sprucing it up some.

Hesalite crystal because original. F the haters.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Thujone

Anyone know of a service center in Austin or Houston that can work on Omega's?  I'm trying to avoid sending mine in to Culver City and going without it for 2 mos.  Ppresiate ya!

You seem like you could use an apostrophe guy, too

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

excellent choice thuj 

Gracias. I've looked and looked and always come back to the speedmaster. I was going to order online but wanted to see a 42mm on my wrist. Used to 38mm which always felt a bit small...but you never know. Second I put it on I knew it was all good. Looked at a few of their giant hulk divers just for fun. I don't know how anyone wears those things. They are gorgeous but just absolute units.

12 hours ago, Thujone said:

Gracias. I've looked and looked and always come back to the speedmaster. I was going to order online but wanted to see a 42mm on my wrist. Used to 38mm which always felt a bit small...but you never know. Second I put it on I knew it was all good. Looked at a few of their giant hulk divers just for fun. I don't know how anyone wears those things. They are gorgeous but just absolute units.

Yep people love the PO look until they put it on their wrist and realize its like a hockeypuck.

Wear your new watch to the moon and back in good health.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Someone finally admitting that a watch is too damn big.

Well the trend has been bigger, so there's that.  But, yeah there are stoopid big watches out there that just look cartoonish.  My go to size is 43-44, but I have a 48 mm Nav B Uhr reproduction of a 1941 Luftwaffe pilots watch, that doesn't read stupid huge at all IMO of course.

My new lil Railmaster. Finally added a blue dial to my collection. 40mm is smallest I prefer to go and this was sweet spot.

Been so cloudy lately, but dial detail looks better in person.

68f22f200208906a4cbd65475c22f859.jpg

db3cd2a3c5cceae7876f3bff84993d59.jpg62fc9566d561a6a4e5656cae6fbe99bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk