The Watch Fanatic Thread

cabowabo

18 hours ago, lonestarguido said:

That watch is perfect for tiny wrists, that why my wife wears it!

I kid, it looks fucking huge on her but she is a vein label whore and wanted a men’s Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sized my SSDJ for my wife.  It doesnt have a step counter so she stopped wearing it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I got my Aqua Terra last year, my interest in owning any other watches just completely vanished. I guess that means I purchased well? Still love this fucking thread ... 

Anyone want to buy a Sinn EZM3? I need to get off my ass and get it listed somewhere. Just sitting in a drawer, and I'm never going to wear it.

34 minutes ago, capnamerca said:

When I got my Aqua Terra last year, my interest in owning any other watches just completely vanished. I guess that means I purchased well?

100%

I'm considering selling all my other stuff as I only wear my VC Overseas. I actually have my Yachtie on today for the first time in months, and I pretty much had to make myself put it on.

1 hour ago, capnamerca said:

When I got my Aqua Terra last year, my interest in owning any other watches just completely vanished. I guess that means I purchased well? Still love this fucking thread ... 

Anyone want to buy a Sinn EZM3? I need to get off my ass and get it listed somewhere. Just sitting in a drawer, and I'm never going to wear it.

29 minutes ago, G650 said:

100%

I'm considering selling all my other stuff as I only wear my VC Overseas. I actually have my Yachtie on today for the first time in months, and I pretty much had to make myself put it on.

threefitty is as high as ill go.

5 hours ago, G650 said:

100%

Rotate the grand and unders....but gravitate to the PAM422. If I ever buy another luxury it'll be a Breitling.

Rotate the grand and unders....but gravitate to the PAM422. If I ever buy another luxury it'll be a Breitling.

Breitling doesn’t really sound like it fits your collection...which one you thinking?

650 what Yachty do you have? Been jonesing the Blue or Iridium face lately

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 12:37 PM, lonestarguido said:

Breitling doesn’t really sound like it fits your collection...which one you thinking?

650 what Yachty do you have? Been jonesing the Blue or Iridium face lately

output.jpg

Rhodium. I actually love the watch, I am just a creature of habit and in all honest, the VC is such a superior piece to all my others I just wear it by default. It's not just a price point thing either, as I have stuff that costs more, it's just a perfect design.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

output.jpg

Rhodium. I actually love the watch, I am just a creature of habit and in all honest, the VC is such a superior piece to all my others I just wear it by default. It's not just a price point thing either, as I have stuff that costs more, it's just a perfect design.

VC ?  Vacherin  Constantine ?

On 7/13/2018 at 7:53 AM, G650 said:

100%

Is your overseas a 3 hander? chrono?  Blue face?   or hell just post a pic.

output.jpg

Yes yes Rhodium...damn drunk posting. Thing is a beauty

What are you guy's thoughts on Hamilton watches?  I'm really digging the way one of their field watches looks and I'd like to upgrade.

Generally they are respected.

Assuming it’s an auto, no one here would steer you away. Unless it was to something else similar.

Buy with confidence. And if you grow tired of it, turn it over.

That’s the great thing about watches. There are always buyers should you want to sell.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

What are you guy's thoughts on Hamilton watches?  I'm really digging the way one of their field watches looks and I'd like to upgrade.

good value buy.  good history (tho now its swiss).  good restrained designs (jizzmaster line).  good value.  

i like the maestro auto chrono, and the open heart.  thats just personal taste though.  the khaki is their classic line

• Like 1

FYI, for anyone interested in the Vapaus Vorcut. Here's an article from Worn & Wound. The "Atomic" is based on my recommended color scheme. This was originally the "Sunset" but they toned it down signficantly.

There is less than a day left on the Kickstarter. They also have some really nice straps available.

https://wornandwound.com/first-look-vapaus-vorcut-chronograph/?mc_cid=4b3e8952ff&mc_eid=dc2c9e91fe

On 7/19/2018 at 3:45 AM, 52-80 said:

good value buy.  good history (tho now its swiss).  good restrained designs (jizzmaster line).  good value.  

i like the maestro auto chrono, and the open heart.  thats just personal taste though.  the khaki is their classic line

So, about the jizzmaster line...

Anniversary present from the wife. I took a long look at a Tudor Heritage Chrono, but ended up picking this. I've wanted one of these ever since it came out.

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

I'm gonna leave it on the NATO for now.

Dumb question: this is the 2nd mechanical watch that I own (also have a Stowa Marine). Never had to worry about keeping the Stowa wound because I wore it every day. Now I'll be alternating. Should I invest in a winder? Is it "bad" for a mechanical watch to stop and start all the time?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Anniversary present from the wife. I took a long look at a Tudor Heritage Chrono, but ended up picking this. I've wanted one of these ever since it came out.

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

I'm gonna leave it on the NATO for now.

Dumb question: this is the 2nd mechanical watch that I own (also have a Stowa Marine). Never had to worry about keeping the Stowa wound because I wore it every day. Now I'll be alternating. Should I invest in a winder? Is it "bad" for a mechanical watch to stop and start all the time?

Much better choice, why pick an also ran instead of a unique brand ?  Bond wears an O-Meega, not a Tudor or Rolex....

Much better choice, why pick an also ran instead of a unique brand ?  Bond wears an O-Meega, not a Tudor or Rolex....

I don’t really know where to start on this so I will just stop.

Or is this a bit I don’t get...

52 minutes ago, huge said:

I don’t really know where to start on this so I will just stop.

Or is this a bit I don’t get...

Start wherever you like. I prefer Omega over a Tudor any day. Never been a fan of them or Rolex. It's all personal preference.

Bond wears an O-meega .....I like Bond.

Ummmmm

Omega paid to have Bond switch in 1995.  He was 100% Rolex before that and Rolex never paid a dime.  Fleming always had Bond wear a Rolex.  And if you prefer Omega, that's cool.  But get your shit straight.

There is a reason a certain Nato strap is known as a Bond...

Image result for bond watch gif

4 minutes ago, huge said:

Ummmmm

Omega paid to have Bond switch in 1995.  He was 100% Rolex before that and Rolex never paid a dime.  Fleming always had Bond wear a Rolex.  And if you prefer Omega, that's cool.  But get your shit straight.

There is a reason a certain Nato strap is known as a Bond...

Image result for bond watch gif

Well, he wears one now ...... dammit !!!   And it's O-Meega, I heard him pronounce it !!

• Haha 1