Same shit, same results

Spankytoes

I'm not ready to bail on Sark yet.  Losing isn't a sin but looking flat bad while doing it is.  I read his face last night as surprise and shock that Card wasn't performing up to his practice level.  As we got further and further in the hole he looked dejected.  Everyone expresses emotions outwardly differently but some fire is what the fans want to see and you wonder if the team could have used some of that as well.

But scheme can only address so much.  We are really BAD on the O-line.  Lots of reasons in this thread: poor coaching/development, bad recruiting choices, laziness and lack of motivation on the players part once they get on campus.  Maybe it's a combination.  I'll throw out another: Texas HS football.  The basketball on grass RPO game that's out there now doesn't develop linemen as road graters.  Do the o-line players at Wisconsin, Bama, Georgia come from RPO HS programs?  I'm actually curious.

Also, Casey wasn't that much better than Card.  He had the benefit of 1) Arky had backed way off into prevent D and were conceding everything to kill clock including allowing him to run, 2) some drive extending penalties, 3) zero pressure because we were going to lose anyway.  Yes he was better but it was moving from a QB who is 40/100 on Madden to one who was 53/100.  If we had started Casey we might be one touchdown closer in the final score but we still would have lost, badly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

This is a stupid, lazy take. UCLA just got into a brawl with LSU and kicked their ass. Austin has nothing, absolutely NOTHING, on LA when it comes to distractions, not caring about football, etc. In the early 2000s, USC had celebrities at practice, on the sidelines during games, etc. They still kicked the crap out of everyone for a couple of years (until VY). Austin is a great town but football players are revered everywhere and have been for decades. There are distractions everywhere. Austin isn't special in that respect. If you're looking for the problem, start with the coaches. Teams reflect their coaches.

It’s our athletic department that is the issue as well as our fans….its why we have the culture we do and perception we do around the country and why we are the butt of a lot of jokes about being back 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s our athletic department that is the issue as well as our fans….its why we have the culture we do and perception we do around the country and why we are the butt of a lot of jokes about being back 

I keep hearing this...what do you mean specifically with regard to football?  We swung for Urban Meyer, he didn't buy.  So we got Sark and MOST of what I've seen on this board and elsewhere has been optimistic on him up until this point.  We spent zillions on upgrading facilities, new SEZ, locker rooms, workout rooms.  We have one of the highest paid assistant coach pools in America if not the highest.  We fire our coaches after 4 years even with all that support if they don't demonstrate meeting our standard.

What more from the AD specifically are you looking for, and what is the AD not doing for football that they should be?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I keep hearing this...what do you mean specifically with regard to football?  We swung for Urban Meyer, he didn't buy.  So we got Sark and MOST of what I've seen on this board and elsewhere has been optimistic on him up until this point.  We spent zillions on upgrading facilities, new SEZ, locker rooms, workout rooms.  We have one of the highest paid assistant coach pools in America if not the highest.  We fire our coaches after 4 years even with all that support if they don't demonstrate meeting our standard.

What more from the AD specifically are you looking for, and what is the AD not doing for football that they should be?

The Urban debacle and the Saban debacle explains it perfectly. 

Perception I see if our athletic department is they care far more about donations and capital projects than they do about performance 

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The Urban debacle and the Saban debacle explains it perfectly. 

Perception I see if our athletic department is they care far more about donations and capital projects than they do about performance 

Not sure I buy this...if you believe the reports we threw the kitchen sink @ Urban, offered to make him the highest paid CFB coach ever, highest assistant coach pool ever, basically give him everything and he still said no.  So I'm not sure what more you're looking for from the AD there.

On the donations and cap projects...uhhh, yeah they care about that stuff, it's their job.  If they weren't going for donations and cap projects you and others would be equally on here bitching about "OMG the AD sucks I can't believe with all of Texas' resources they're letting our facilities get so far behind!"  It's a no win.  

And no, I don't work in the AD...

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

and can we please stop saying teams "get up for us" beating us is nothing special anymore 

Are you suggesting that Arkansas didn't see this as a very special game? You need to watch a video of the game. 

Are you suggesting teams consider a victory over a Texas just another day at the office? I disagree. Up or down, beating Texas is a salient victory.

The prestige of beating Texas has not much diminished even if beating us been easier and more frequent of late. 

Also, our away games are almost always sellouts in stadiums that are usually half full.

This is no excuse for losing, but your point doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I'm mortified at the way we lost to Arkansas. It was their superbowl coming out party, and they showed up. They whipped us good. Now let's see what happens next.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Are you suggesting that Arkansas didn't see this as a very special game? You need to watch a video of the game. 

Are you suggesting teams consider a victory over a Texas just another day at the office? I disagree. Up or down, beating Texas is a salient victory.

The prestige of beating Texas has not much diminished even if beating us been easier and more frequent of late. 

Also, our away games are almost always sellouts in stadiums that are usually half full.

This is no excuse for losing, but your point doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

I'm mortified at the way we lost to Arkansas. It was their superbowl coming out party, and they showed up. They whipped us good. Now let's see what happens next.

Right. Even if Arkansas loses in the SEC, the feather in their cap of beating Texas is enough to sustain them. 

I made this point to my Mizzou friend when the SEC move was announced. He was excited to have Texas back on the schedule. I responded "sure you are, the only thing better than having Texas in your conference is beating Texas in your conference". Beating the arrogant, overhyped program that the media gives deferential treatment to is always enjoyable. It will always motivate a team. People want to beat OU but that's not as easy because OU has always had superior coaching. Beating Texas in the 00s was difficult because we had superior talent. Now, we have neither. But it's still great to beat us. The Big 12 teams are all going to want to do that because they can't understand why the SEC wants such a mediocre program. They get why the SEC wants OU. We're only wanted because of our brand. How many seasons will we make for teams in the SEC when they beat us? 

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Right. Even if Arkansas loses in the SEC, the feather in their cap of beating Texas is enough to sustain them. 

I made this point to my Mizzou friend when the SEC move was announced. He was excited to have Texas back on the schedule. I responded "sure you are, the only thing better than having Texas in your conference is beating Texas in your conference". Beating the arrogant, overhyped program that the media gives deferential treatment to is always enjoyable. It will always motivate a team. People want to beat OU but that's not as easy because OU has always had superior coaching. Beating Texas in the 00s was difficult because we had superior talent. Now, we have neither. But it's still great to beat us. The Big 12 teams are all going to want to do that because they can't understand why the SEC wants such a mediocre program. They get why the SEC wants OU. We're only wanted because of our brand. How many seasons will we make for teams in the SEC when they beat us? 

Ugh. True, but ugh.

5 hours ago, B00M said:

That arky D stifled Sark's all time great Bama O last year. He apparently struggles with the 3-down-drop-everyone-else cloud D or whatever ISU has used against us for years, which is obviously not great. 

There's a couple of pages left so I'd imagine others already responded to this.

The Bama v Arky game last year was 38-3 at the half, and ended 52-3.  What exactly did you mean by claiming the Bama offense was "stifled?" 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 28jcollins said:

I pretty much felt like from the get-go that it was going to take half a season to dial the team in right. That doesn't make watching last night any easier, but we should give the team the proper chance to right the ship. If this ends up being the only ugly loss and it serves to wake them up? .. Then I probably won't be mad about it for very long.

ryan-reynolds-hopeless.gif

20 minutes ago, Augustus said:

There's a couple of pages left so I'd imagine others already responded to this.

The Bama v Arky game last year was 38-3 at the half, and ended 52-3.  What exactly did you mean by claiming the Bama offense was "stifled?" 

Final scores are not always indicative of how the game was played. Alabama struggled mightily to move the ball while Arkansas essentially imploded on offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

But scheme can only address so much.  We are really BAD on the O-line.  Lots of reasons in this thread: poor coaching/development, bad recruiting choices, laziness and lack of motivation on the players part once they get on campus.  Maybe it's a combination.  I'll throw out another: Texas HS football.  The basketball on grass RPO game that's out there now doesn't develop linemen as road graters.  Do the o-line players at Wisconsin, Bama, Georgia come from RPO HS programs?  I'm actually curious.

Also, Casey wasn't that much better than Card.  He had the benefit of 1) Arky had backed way off into prevent D and were conceding everything to kill clock including allowing him to run, 2) some drive extending penalties, 3) zero pressure because we were going to lose anyway.  Yes he was better but it was moving from a QB who is 40/100 on Madden to one who was 53/100.  If we had started Casey we might be one touchdown closer in the final score but we still would have lost, badly.

Good points !

Other than talent, should S&C be questioned for the OL ?    Read that Becton has different philosophy/techniques ?

10 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Final scores are not always indicative of how the game was played. Alabama struggled mightily to move the ball while Arkansas essentially imploded on offense. 

True, that's why I posted the halftime score.  Bama scored 28 points in the 2nd quarter.

Looked like a typical bama game to me.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian or a smart ass, I honestly have no idea how you "struggle mightily" on your way to a 38-3 halftime lead.

I wish my team had struggled half as mightily yesterday

Edited by Augustus

7 hours ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

Everything else aside. That was a hell of a place to take a rookie QB.

Alpha dogs like Vince and Colt would’ve loved playing in that atmosphere. Casey looked like he could handle it too. That’s how you know who your QB and your leader is….. it ain’t Card.

I also think Karic should be starting. Like Thompson, he just seems like a gamer. Jones did a lot of standing around and watching instead of blocking. It’s frustrating that no one on that o line got benched.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

True, that's why I posted the halftime score.  Bama scored 28 points in the 2nd quarter.

Maybe a typical Bama game from 2012. 

Jones and Young attempted 33 passes for 230ish yards and 0 TD’s. They rushed the ball 38 times for another 210 yards. This game was their 3rd lowest offensive output of the year, and second worst 1st down and YPP game.

All while Pig self destructed on offense. Arkansas had 4 turnovers. The only other two teams that challenged Alabama like that were ND in the playoffs, and the first game of the year with a new QB against Missouri. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

9 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Alabama vs. Arkansas - Team Statistics - December 12, 2020 - ESPN

227 passing,  216 rushing,  2020

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401110831

280 passing, 179 rushing, 2019    ESPN made the point 179 was below average,  who cares if you win 48-7 and have 459 total.

3 hours ago, SEC said:

It's funny how hypocritical those who bitch about "woke culture" are. You are weeping about entitlement, because you think you're entitled to watch a bunch of 19 year olds run around for your pleasure and to give you victories by osmosis. And that because you didn't get to feel slight tingle in your tiny dick while riding the accomplishments of some kids you'll never even meet face to face, you're now the victim of this big bad "let's stop beating up black people" culture, said without a hint of irony. Get fucked.

Damn straight. Most of this bunch of miserable SOBs won't get it, but they ought to hear it anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, torre said:

Alabama vs. Arkansas - Team Statistics - December 12, 2020 - ESPN

227 passing,  216 rushing,  2020

https://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=401110831

280 passing, 179 rushing, 2019    ESPN made the point 179 was below average,  who cares if you win 48-7 and have 459 total.

The point isn’t caring if you win big with lower than anticipated yardage totals. The point was that Sark, and one of the more productive offenses in CFB history, struggled against a bad Pig team. It’s apparent by comparing their output with how they fared against other opponents, and with just using your eye to watch the damn game. 

The larger point being that it appears Barry Odom’s defense presents some questions that Sark may not have great answers for. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I stopped watching regularly after the Strong debacle. I tried on and off with Herman but frankly stopped caring as it seems the Texas administration has screwed up football for decades. 

I will start caring and watching again when we aren't a dumpster fire. Sure if there is a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday game and I have no plans then I will turn it on, but I stopped planning my life around Texas football schedule years ago. 

Actually, I have gone to a game in person every year still but wish I am not surprised by this latest game. 

We are no longer a Tier 1 team. We were good for a short-time but probably going to be battling A&M for who sucks less each year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LABEVO said:

I stopped watching regularly after the Strong debacle. I tried on and off with Herman but frankly stopped caring as it seems the Texas administration has screwed up football for decades. 

I will start caring and watching again when we aren't a dumpster fire. Sure if there is a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday game and I have no plans then I will turn it on, but I stopped planning my life around Texas football schedule years ago. 

Actually, I have gone to a game in person every year still but wish I am not surprised by this latest game. 

We are no longer a Tier 1 team. We were good for a short-time but probably going to be battling A&M for who sucks less each year. 

I will watch every single painful minute of every single painful game

and probably bitch , but I'll still cheer and have blind optimism 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

i dont know man. after the herman failure, there should have been a deep, deep look into the entire org. the culture has to change. how many times can you redo the locker rooms without the production ?

this program has been in a tail spin since mack brown left, maybe started his last year. 

Shouldn’t have gotten rid of Mack. That was incredibly dumb. Now here we are, in a way worse spot.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Texaspython said:

Shouldn’t have gotten rid of Mack. That was incredibly dumb. Now here we are, in a way worse spot.

Meh. Herman was essentially the equivalent of late-stage (2010-2013) Mack, even down to the highly-rated recruiting classes that always disappointed. So yeah, I guess we could have just kept running Mack out there. But to say that we should have kept Mack is basically saying we should have kept Herman. Though I guess it would have prevented the Charlie Strong era, so yeah, why not. At least in seemed like we were trying something. I guess.

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Texaspython said:

Mack was the one who destroyed the program by sticking around three seasons too long.  He should have done what Stoops did and bowed out before the train went off the rails.   

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Meh. Herman was essentially the equivalent of late-stage (2010-2013) Mack, even down to the highly-rated recruiting classes that always disappointed. So yeah, I guess we could have just kept running Mack out there. But to say that we should have kept Mack is basically saying we should have kept Herman. Though I guess it would have prevented the Charlie Strong era, so yeah, why not. At least in seemed like we were trying something. I guess.

It blows my mind how Strong managed to succeed at Louisville for the time he was there given how awful he was here and at USF.  Just obviously in over his head.  

This is the Texas fan that the whole country knows. It’s like Tennessee fan and aggy.
@labevo is the worst type of fan.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Not sure I buy this...if you believe the reports we threw the kitchen sink @ Urban, offered to make him the highest paid CFB coach ever, highest assistant coach pool ever, basically give him everything and he still said no.  So I'm not sure what more you're looking for from the AD there.

How would you have felt if there was a photo of Woody Hayes hanging in the office of the Longhorns head coach? Would you be prepared to embrace your inner Buckeye?

Someone explain the differences between Sark's offense and Turtle's.  I saw the same exact thing.  Even the 4th down run was the same.  it is like there is some Big Cigar actually calling the plays for the last 10 years.

I image the headset being something like:
BFC: Run up the middle
Sark: But I have this play where it's a RPO with the tight end drifting in front of the linebackers.
Sark: They are stacking the box, they know a run is coming
Sark: This play has been working great in practice. It never fails
BFC: Run up the middle. Do you like getting paid?
Sark: Ok, run it up the middle...
Herman: Lol

19 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Right? Why tf do people keep saying this moronic rhetoric? The fans have no part in anyway on how the team performs. I'm starting to think people really believe "if we just cheer hard and always show up the team will eventually be good, right?"

The culture problem people keep referencing is actually this:

The players put on the burnt orange with "Texas" printed on the front and the best logo in sports on the sides of their helmet and act like they've done something. Texas recruits players that are told how good they are and have a semi- celebrity status from the show that is Texas High School football (which is also contributing to the decay of the program outside of WR's and DB's. 

High school coaches here only care about spread em first to score 100 wins. The offensive and defensive front 7 talent is soft and generally overrated that never develop into their star rating

Misses (didn't live up to ranking): Leal, Mack, Lampkin, Elliott, Daniels, etc 

Hits: Ed Oliver

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Assuming that's all true (I think you're right about some version of it all, BTW), what does it say to you that he still said no?

Is it possible the AD was willing to give him everything he wanted except the one thing he really wanted/needed to say yes, which was complete control?

Is it possible the decision makers had an arrogance about them throughout the process that made Urban feel like he wasn't really going to have that much say in anything?

Is it possible that there were waaaaay too many chiefs and not nearly enough indians at UT for Meyer to ever really feel like he could be successful there?

Is it possible that Urban took one look at the entitled "We're Texas" culture of the entire institution (from the "big cigars" who think money should be able to buy them anything, to the "woke culture" who put more time and energy into whining about shit like being forced to sing a song that might hurt someone's feelings than they do into football, to everyone in between) and realized that it won't ever translate to sustainable success on the field?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

Sark is the non-asshole version of Turtle Tom -- change my mind.

1) Bad personnel decisions:
Turtle: Keontay over Bijan and RoJo; not using RoJo at the goal line
Sark: Card over Casey and not switching until it was way too late; not using RoJo at the goal line

2) Bad play calling:
Turtle: Trying to hammer Sam in at the goal line on 4 straight attempts
Sark: Trying to hammer K. Robinson in at the goal line on 3 straight attempts; Trying to hammer Bijan through on a 4th and 2 when everyone knew it was coming and when our OL was severely outmatched

3) Not planning around our weak OL

4) Poor in-game decisions:
Turtle: Not taking the points on chip-shots
Sark: Trying to take the points on 50+ yard FG attempts.  Could we at least try Bert Auburn?

5) Personality:
Turtle: Asshole
Sark: Too nice; won't even confront the refs over late cheap shots against our QB and multiple missed targetings

When he was hired, I said it was a lateral move at best for Texas. Both guys (Herman, Sark) are offensive mindset geniuses (according to all their peers and everyone in cfb), but there’s no justification for running a program like Texas when he hasn’t made strides running every as a head coach. 

Some guys can do everything and delegate like a CEO (like Saban and Urban and even Mack), and others are just really good at specialty things like QB development and running the offense. The guy on the sidelines on Saturday had the look on his face like he had been let down by his team and didn’t know how to react or how to respond. He looked like he wanted to throw up, and just squatting there, staring at his team made it look like he had no idea what to try next.

When it was obvious to everyone to put in a more mobile quarterback when the offensive line was giving Card no time at all, he chose to throw behind the sticks and stick with a qb that couldn’t throw accurate deep balls and provide an a deep ball threat so Arkansas could continue to stack the box (not even stack the box, but just not play deep). As soon as Thompson came in, the offense had a little more life.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, Effyourcouch said:

Goddamn it I hate this morning.  We are such a punchline right now.  I'm going to be fired before the end of the day because I'm going to kill my Arky coworker if he comes in my office 1 more fucking time.

Do it. I'm sure we could pool our resources on here and get you a new job. 

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Is it possible that there were waaaaay too many chiefs and not nearly enough indians at UT for Meyer to ever really feel like he could be successful there?

No.

Urban is an Ohioan. By definition a Buckeye. As a college coach, coaching at Ohio State was the pinnacle. Why would he want to coach at Texas?

There are seven schools: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State. For any coach who achieves the success at one of those schools that would make one of the other schools on that list want to hire them away, it wouldn’t be possible. That’s why there was no chance of Nick Saban leaving Alabama for Texas. He’s from West Virginia but already had a pinnacle job. And none of the schools on that list can outbid another (although ND lost Urban to Florida because they thought they could lowball him because “We’re Notre Dame.” But that was when Urban was the coach at Utah.)

You can’t money whip your way into whatever you want. And as far as I know, Urban is making as much money in the NFL as he would’ve made in Austin and is under a lot less pressure. And he’s not alienating anyone back home.

I don’t know how Sark’s tenure at Texas will turn out. It takes time to build or change a program and culture. But I think Texas has been looking for easy answers and, not being able to hire sure things like Meyer and Saban, hiring their assistants hoping to get the next Meyer or Saban. My advice to Sark would be to recruit the best high school players in Texas and develop them and things would probably work out okay. If he can’t do that then UT should find someone who can. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

No.

Urban is an Ohioan. By definition a Buckeye. As a college coach, coaching at Ohio State was the pinnacle. Why would he want to coach at Texas?

There are seven schools: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State. For any coach who achieves the success at one of those schools that would make one of the other schools on that list want to hire them away, it wouldn’t be possible. That’s why there was no chance of Nick Saban leaving Alabama for Texas. He’s from West Virginia but already had a pinnacle job. And none of the schools on that list can outbid another (although ND lost Urban to Florida because they thought they could lowball him because “We’re Notre Dame.” But that was when Urban was the coach at Utah.)

You can’t money whip your way into whatever you want. And as far as I know, Urban is making as much money in the NFL as he would’ve made in Austin and is under a lot less pressure. And he’s not alienating anyone back home.

I don’t know how Sark’s tenure at Texas will turn out. It takes time to build or change a program and culture. But I think Texas has been looking for easy answers and, not being able to hire sure things like Meyer and Saban, hiring their assistants hoping to get the next Meyer or Saban. My advice to Sark would be to recruit the best high school players in Texas and develop them and things would probably work out okay. If he can’t do that then UT should find someone who can. 

Sure, but Urban wasn’t the coach at Ohio St last year…we weren’t trying to hire him away, he wasn’t coaching. Are you suggesting that Texas shouldn’t have tried to hire him? 

Also - what are the “easy answers” Texas has been looking for? Trying to see if the best coaches would like to work there? I mean, why wouldn’t they ask? Wasn’t Urban an “easy answer” for Ohio St? Seems like easy answers often have great potential to be the best answers, no?

As others have stated, there is some luck involved here - if Alabama had Mack in 2007 and Texas was where Bama was, Saban would have been an “easy answer” for Texas. But Bama was basically where we are now and that proved to be right place / right time. I have no doubt that dipshits at Texas have fucked up plenty on their own, but let’s not pretend that those dipshits don’t exist at Bama or any other prominent AD. 

On 9/12/2021 at 12:22 AM, Eastwood said:

Careful, now. Hinting that maybe Austin and the UT campus might be the problem because recruits are coming to Texas more to party and live the Austin lifestyle rather than play football will get you shouted down on this board. I've been saying that for a couple years now and it always was met with hostility. But let's be honest, there's a lot in Austin that is offered to young superstars and those things don't hinge on winning or losing.

Texas football players have been way too comfortable for a while, now.

Why do some of you think Austin is the only nice place to party,live or whatever?  Every top program has nice facilities.  Every top program has people gassing players up.  While we think it's the high schools,teams all over take texas players and do well.  I think Texas is no different than the cowboys.  Starts at the top.  You hire dogs and let them be dogs.  Boss coaches only.  Not these coordinators we keep hiring.  Did you feel like any coaches post Mack have been completely running the program?  No.  That's why we really can't get anyone.  That's why the cowboys can't make a real hire. Just look at any consistently his program.  They're crushes are running shyt instead of being an employee.

3 minutes ago, rantanamo said:

Why do some of you think Austin is the only nice place to party,live or whatever?  Every top program has nice facilities.  Every top program has people gassing players up.  While we think it's the high schools,teams all over take texas players and do well.  I think Texas is no different than the cowboys.  Starts at the top.  You hire dogs and let them be dogs.  Boss coaches only.  Not these coordinators we keep hiring.  Did you feel like any coaches post Mack have been completely running the program?  No.  That's why we really can't get anyone.  That's why the cowboys can't make a real hire. Just look at any consistently his program.  They're crushes are running shyt instead of being an employee.

This was why I was a little worried about Sark's hire. There's a lot of risk and a whole of upside to the move. But he's also not the guy I see instilling a culture that we need. Maybe winning is all we need. We definitely need an offensive mind to win in the Big 12. He also brings SEC experience which we're obviously going to need now. But is he the alpha we need as head coach? That's my worry. He's very low key and cerebral. Maybe that works but he wasn't my first choice. And yes it very early and very unfair to push the panic button. But that tends to happen after you get blown out for the first time in forever in game 2 of the new guy's tenure.

• Like 1