NFL Week 1 thread

shadow_operative2.0

Just now, Macklemore said:

He had a great game. Their stupid punter deserves the L.

This was not a great game by him. He had 2 drives to get this win. Failed both times. They failed in the 2nd half. 0 TDs. 1 pick. Could not deliver when the pressure was getting to him and the Chiefs punched them in the mouth. That punt meant nothing. Mahomes was still getting the ball and was scoring. And Baker was still going to be Baker and fail when it matters.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

This was not a great game by him. He had 2 drives to get this win. Failed both times. They failed in the 2nd half. 0 TDs. 1 pick. Could not deliver when the pressure was getting to him and the Chiefs punched them in the mouth. That punt meant nothing. Mahomes was still getting the ball and was scoring. And Baker was still going to be Baker and fail when it matters.

They scored a TD in the third.

But yeah this wasn't a great game from him. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

that punt meant nothing? We get the Baker hate but that's just fucking stupid

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Hearing "bonus coverage" is about as good as hearing "60 minutes will be seen in its entirety except on the West Coast at the conclusion of this game."  

When I hear that 60 minutes clock ticking open I have a pronounced feeling of dread for a split second in flashback to dreading school as a kid  and knowing that sound meant the end of the weekend

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Mahomes was still getting the ball and was scoring. And Baker was still going to be Baker and fail when it matters.

So Baker sucks because he isn't Mahomes?  That's going to be a tough standard for most QBs to live up to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bamachine said:

Final 17-16. All three TDs scored by former Bama players(Mac threw the one Pats TD) but also the last two turnovers were former Bama players.

Wait? Alabama players are good? Who knew?

And the woman in your avatar could fit into one bra cup of her current self. Sorry, “Lily,” I’m not attacking you, just saying your giant tits are even giant-er. 

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

No, he sucks because he's Baker Mayfield.

In the 25 years before Baker started there the Browns had a win percentage of ~32%.  Since he has started they are slightly above 50% and potentially trending up.  Of course, context does not matter.

13 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Bears switching qb’s just on random plays lol.  Man we suck in all management positions, coach, GM and owner.  

Scared money don't make money. Playing Dalton means you're playing scared. I'd roll the dice with the unknown in Fields. 

12 minutes ago, Bodhi said:

Doesn't look like it based on my quick review.  90-95, 99-17.  Then again, I'm not a math prodigy and moderately intoxicated.  

Bodhi, my man, I’m sure I’m much older than you, so I can’t help but think of anything associated with the “Cleveland Browns’ before 1999 to actually be the Baltimore Ravens. Yes, I know the NFL has assigned all Browns history to the current franchise, but I can’t help it. 

And good luck on turning that moderately intoxicated into fully. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Those field level suites are awesome! You might see a quarter of the field if everyone standing in front of you on the sidelines stand in the right places

Cowboys Stadium has them, too, but they also come with seats in the area just above their respective little “corral,” so it’s not as bad as it would seem. But you pay way too much for the right to mill around at field level, unless you like looking at sweaty ass.

• Like 1