2021 Houston Texans Ain't Shit Season Thread

Brothahorn

8 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The weather for tonight’s game will be perfect. Clear, 76 degrees, low humidity. Guess what? ROOF CLOSED

What a joke! The county and taxpayers should demand a rebate of the $50M that the retractable roof cost. 

Add that to the list of reason I hate the Texans

9 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The weather for tonight’s game will be perfect. Clear, 76 degrees, low humidity. Guess what? ROOF CLOSED

What a joke! The county and taxpayers should demand a rebate of the $50M that the retractable roof cost. 

Yes you should do that.  Make a few calls, rattle some cages. Let us know how that works out 

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Welp....It's going to be another long ass fucking season as a Texans fan.

As bad as it is supposed to be on paper I think this season holds legitimately hopeful interest with the new coaching staff/front office regime. Tim Kelly seems to have a very good grasp of offensive play-calling and Culley seems to have won his players' trust. Caserio isn't a dumbass on the management side. I'm paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

he's a much better coach / organizer than BoB

He has assembled a much better staff and the results show on the field. As for game day managing, he hasn’t shown stupid clock management like buttchin but has made some horrible decisions to  not take the penalty for a 3rd & 12 instead taking the gain for a 4th & 2 but not going for it and punting trying to pin the Browns back but the punt sailed into the end zone. The game last night, he had the ball on the Panthers 39 yard line and instead of kicking a FG or going for it on 4th down, which he should have done, he punts. Those are 2 stupid decisions and you could see that in both instances it deflated the team and they were demoralized and gave up TDs making the game unreachable. Those are 3rd rate decisions.

Edited by Macklemore

He has assembled a much better staff and the results show on the field. As for game day managing, he hasn’t shown stupid clock management like buttchin but has made some horrible decisions to  not take the penalty for a 3rd & 12 instead taking the gain for a 4th & 2 but not going for it and punting trying to pin the Browns back but the punt sailed into the end zone. The game last night, he had the ball on the Panthers 39 yard line and instead of kicking a FG or going for it on 4th down, which he should have done, he punts. Those are 2 stupid decisions and you could see that in both instances it deflated the team and they were demoralized and gave up TDs making the game unreachable. Those are 3rd rate decisions.
Learning on the job. Still amazed that he was just a position coach for all that time and then becomes HC.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beth Mowins is doing NFL games now. Nooooooo. Her voice is nails on chalkboard and she has ZERO personality or looks. Stop trying to make Beth Mowins a thing. If you have to subject us to a female play by play voice, develop one that is fucking legit instead of this shit

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

Beth Mowins is doing NFL games now. Nooooooo. Her voice is nails on chalkboard and she has ZERO personality or looks. Stop trying to make Beth Mowins a thing. If you have to subject us to a female play by play voice, develop one that is fucking legit instead of this shit
You know you ain't shit, when Beth is calling your games.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

If you play like girls, you deserve a girl announcer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They need to lose every game the rest of the season. Commit to tanking. 

But it should be a historically bad QB draft. As always, the Texans timing is poor. 

That's ok, this team is historically bad, they aren't winning anytime soon.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

That's ok, this team is historically bad, they aren't winning anytime soon.

Agreed. Probably looking at 2023 to draft a franchise QB.

I’d probably take Neal from Bama if I had the first pick. Tunsil and Neal would be a pretty good OL. 

Stingley would be tempting too, but the he seems to be catching the injury bug quite a bit. 

48 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’d probably take Neal from Bama if I had the first pick. Tunsil and Neal would be a pretty good OL. 

Stingley would be tempting too, but the he seems to be catching the injury bug quite a bit. 

Plus you have to see what you get from any Watson trade. Having two 1st the next 2 seasons should help with the rebuild.

But I wouldn't consider taking a QB until the OL was fixed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

But it should be a historically bad QB draft. As always, the Texans timing is poor. 

Desmond Ridder has been on my radar and have been paying attention to him all season to see where I’d slot him on my draft board. Came up big in Cincinnati’s biggest win in their program’s history. Accurate with good mobility. I think he is the most pro-ready prospect coming out of college. Matt Corral lost against Alabama but he didn’t do anything to dissuade me into thinking he is not a top talent. There aren’t the names in the 2022 draft class like the last one but there is still talent. My nightmare is we draft Spencer Rattler who is going to be a huge bust whoever takes him.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Do they even have a 1st rounder this year?

Yes. They’re finally out of the awful Tunsil trade. 

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/draft-picks-the-texans-have-in-2022-daily-brew

• Hook 'Em 1

Id take Neal and trade tonsil; he’s gone in two seasons and you could probably get a 1st rounder for him assuming the team was drafting 24th or higher. He frees up a shitload of cap space, and this team isn’t contending before his contract is up….

49 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yes. They’re finally out of the awful Tunsil trade. 

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/draft-picks-the-texans-have-in-2022-daily-brew

For the first time since 2019, Houston will have a first round pick in the NFL Draft.

That fat chin fuck should be barred from coaching.

Hire the guy, who found Dak for Jerry. Tell him he has one job, find a QB in the last 1st round(Mac Jones) or further down.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully Caserio finds perennial pro bowl caliber players at key positions in his own and whatever picks he ends up with from Watson, that do not include a 2022 QB. Before the first game of the season most mock drafts had Houston taking Rattler, which caused a bulging pulse of the capillaries of my brain. Destiny keeps giving the Texans #1 overall picks when there isn’t a Manning, Luck, Stafford, Lawrence that you can feel 95% confident about. They shouldn’t have taken Carr. I would’ve liked to see how things turned out if they had taken VY, but history generally says they were right to not have taken him nor Bush. Thank God they didn’t take Manziel the year they got Clowney. I hope they don’t force it for a bust QB this year, but I’m hopeful Caserio won’t based on his upbringing.