9.13.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Me, too.  But there's something about that smell (particularly flour) a little while after waking up.  First thing's first, either the fresh air outside and/or coffee smell. But then cooking tortillas right after that.  And then shortly after that, if it's gameday, the smell of a bloody mary with just the right spice level.  

Just got a text from my little cousin (no pics) at Tech.  With this kickoff time, she's asking where her and her sorority friends can drink at 9am before the game.  I don't want to send them to some rapey frat tailgate.  Where do you send a dozen 20 year old Tech girls notorious for making bad decisions?  

Man, that is a dangerous question round these parts...

What time does Scholz's open?

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Me, too.  But there's something about that smell (particularly flour) a little while after waking up.  First thing's first, either the fresh air outside and/or coffee smell. But then cooking tortillas right after that.  And then shortly after that, if it's gameday, the smell of a bloody mary with just the right spice level.  

Just got a text from my little cousin (no pics) at Tech.  With this kickoff time, she's asking where her and her sorority friends can drink at 9am before the game.  I don't want to send them to some rapey frat tailgate.  Where do you send a dozen 20 year old Tech girls notorious for making bad decisions?  

Uhhh, Burnt ends tailgate, duh.

2 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

IMO, Sark should be more pissed off in general about Saturday night's performance. But, maybe he was "good cop" in Bama's locker room too. Just a little too laid back and California cool today.

But, he said Arky is "just another faceless opponent", too, so WTF...

thats kind of what's pissing me off.  you and your team just got embarrassed... why arent you pissed?  Saban would probably barking at everyone during the press meeting

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Where is it?  I'd like to off-load some of this liability.  

Wish I new and could join. I have to go to California for a project and probably won't be going to any more games because of it. Weekend trips home won't involve me going to Austin for games.

Edited by Longhornlove

4 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

thats kind of what's pissing me off.  you and your team just got embarrassed... why arent you pissed?  Saban would probably barking at everyone during the press meeting

Yeah, he would've been. Outkick is saying Urban is rattling everyone's cage in JAX after preseason games. That sumbitch hates to lose - maybe a little too much for the NFL.

Perhaps he'll reconsider UT if Sark can't get it going.

4 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, he would've been. Outkick is saying Urban is rattling everyone's cage in JAX after preseason games. That sumbitch hates to lose - maybe a little too much for the NFL.

Perhaps he'll reconsider UT if Sark can't get it going.

Fuck Urban

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, n64ra said:

It went limp because you just found eight ladies who would fire your sexual harassment ass, oh and be in a position to make that call at their very first job.

That's hot if you're into that sort of thing

51 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

She is ridiculously hot

Damn right she is. And Texan through and through.

46 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

We had a bad oline when Colt was playing, but he was so fast getting rid of the ball and so good on his feet that the line problems did not cost us games. 

Other than that last one.

46 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

If hit every one of those cheerleaders. If you only fuck 10s you're doing it wrong

10 in the brain is good. Smart chicks are more creative in the sack.

43 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Im a glass is half full guy. I think everyone learns from this game, none more so than Sark.

I am confident he got his first real sense of the weight of Longhorn nation and does not want that monster on his shoulders.

He is doing the right thing by starting Casey and I belive when he watches him in a real game...Card may be QB2 for the rest of the year.

Yeah, as bad as that was, two games isn't a big enough sample size to know where Sark belongs. I also expect him to learn from his mistakes. Not an expectation I had of any of the previous 4 coaches we had; Mack was too old, Strong too dumb, Mackovic and Herman too arrogant.

41 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

At the same time?

Yeah, but only if they're not afraid to touch each other, too. What's the fun of an orgy if you don't get to watch girl on girl action while you recuperate?

36 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Are these the next variants?

Do they look better with masks on?

32 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

It’s why I wish Sark had put in Casey a lot sooner to get an idea of what Casey does when the game was still competitive.

I wish Sark had put Casey in when it was clear Hudson was operating at half the speed of the game.

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

"You be the dungeon, I'll be the dragon, babe"

I put on my robe and wizard hat

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I don't get why this is so hard to understand.

It’s not. It’s harder to convince yourself the guy that looks less capable in a multitude of practices is who will ultimately shine in a game. Just so happens that we the fans never see practice, and basically only see the game so it made most sense to a vast majority of us which was the “better” qb

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Also, as we saw Saturday, we have a good defense at first but one that wears out gets discouraged and quits if our offense cannot sustain drives. If Casey can sustain drives, he'll help us not only on offense but also on defense (by giving them a rest). So this could be a significant improvement. Definitely worth trying.

fixed

53 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Casey does a couple of things well in this regard... and when he sees the separation, he pulls the trigger quick.

This is actually something Thompson still needs to work on. He often waits for the receiver to be completely out of his break before letting it go. He does a decent job of seeing the field and understanding who's going to come open, but he is not good at releasing it on time yet.

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yeah, but only if they're not afraid to touch each other, too. What's the fun of an orgy if you don't get to watch girl on girl action while you recuperate?

Haha imagine doing one at a time while the rest just watch haha and give commentary and make fun of you haha wouldnt that be so weird haha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

This is actually something Thompson still needs to work on. He often waits for the receiver to be completely out of his break before letting it go. He does a decent job of seeing the field and understanding who's going to come open, but he is not good at releasing it on time yet.

So he waits till the receiver is wide open just like Sam. I always thought Sam had the issue due to coaching. Maybe Casey's issue is remnants of prior coaching and the issue is quickly corrected. Sam's anticipation got way better in just one training camp.

There is a balance point between Herman running his qb like a fullback and Sark preferring to almost never do it.  You don't want to get him hurt running the ball, but it's also dumb to pass up opportunities for easy yards.  I think Sark probably realized this on Saturday night or at least I hope he did.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There is a balance point between Herman running his qb like a fullback and Sark preferring to almost never do it.  You don't want to get him hurt running the ball, but it's also dumb to pass up opportunities for easy yards.  I think Sark probably realized this on Saturday night or at least I hope he did.

There's also a difference between a QB who immediately runs when he sees his first option is covered and one who goes through his progressions and then runs. IT seems to be selling the narrative that Card stayed in the pocket because that's what he is supposed to do. Sark doesn't call many QB runs, but I imagine he's perfectly happy to see his QB pick up what he can if no one is open. Casey only has 1 game of experience, but he hasn't shown any signs of happy feet. 

40 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I love press conferences because no matter what Sark did or said people here would bitch about it. 

Can we agree his press conferences are at least better than Herman's? Let's take that win for now. 

I always love the “coach needs to be more angry” thing.  If he comes out all pissed off and angry then he looks like he has lost control and is rattled.  His message to the team is what truly matters and that is behind closed doors.  I’m guessing he conveyed that he was very annoyed by Saturday’s performance.  

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 5

I hope Sark doesn't try to run the Saban playbook for a program the way Herman tried to mimic Urban Meyer. 

Sark saying that we play a "nameless, faceless" opponent comes straight from Saban. That shit is not gonna work while trying to build up this program. When Texas is an average football team, opponents smell blood in the water. Beating Texas is so huge for recruiting and building excitement for a fanbase. Our opponents will throw the kitchen sink at us in order to win. We will get their best and we have to prepare for that. Which means we have to meet that intensity every week, especially when our overall talent is not elite. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We'll see. Sark is a QB coach and his instinct after all those practices was to start Card. If that's all thrown away because of one game, we are in way bigger trouble than we thought.

Not necessarily. Sark's background as a QB coach (and as a result over emphasizing Card's skillset alone) probably explains why he didn't take into sufficient enough account how atrocious our Oline play is when making that decision.  

3 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not necessarily. Sark's background as a QB coach (and as a result over emphasizing Card's skillset alone) probably explains why he didn't take into sufficient enough account how atrocious our Oline play is when making that decision.  

Yeah, Casey being a better scrambler was never a point in his favor until the oline was shown to be a mess.  Now it is.  I also think the biggest issue is neither qb is particularly good right now.  The old adage of "If you have 2 quarterbacks, you don't have one" is still true more often than not.

Edited by kevwun
  • Rage+1 1

Jesus Christ this thread is a beating. Casey better get his chance or sark blows, I can’t believe card lost his job from 3 quarters, our oline should magically learn how to block after never being taught, sark better not act like a saban clone cus that shit never works but he better act just like saban after a loss. 
adam sandler mov GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

What if I told you... this is exactly what was said about Vincent Paul Young when he became the starter?

Do you know who else they said (and still say) this about?  Checkdown Teddy Bridgewater...

Guess who else "throws a lot of INTs" and "doesn't throw receivers open..."  Deshaun Watson.

Jalen Hurts - locks on to wide open receivers...

Cardale Jones - ball comes out late... doesn't throw receivers open

JT Barrett - stares down receiver... doesn't throw receivers open

You can google these phrases and find those winners having those attributes tagged to them... Nationally and right here (well, the old site and the other old site) people have said these guys only throw to open receivers...  well guess what? The Head fn Football Coach has said he likes to scheme such that someone is open and it's just a matter of quickly finding that open free running receiver...

Let's go with it until it doesn't work...

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Snacks said:

What if I told you... this is exactly what was said about Vincent Paul Young when he became the starter?

Do you know who else they said (and still say) this about?  Checkdown Teddy Bridgewater...

Guess who else "throws a lot of INTs" and "doesn't throw receivers open..."  Deshaun Watson.

Jalen Hurts - locks on to wide open receivers...

Cardale Jones - ball comes out late... doesn't throw receivers open

JT Barrett - stares down receiver... doesn't throw receivers open

You can google these phrases and find those winners having those attributes tagged to them... Nationally and right here (well, the old site and the other old site) people have said these guys only throw to open receivers...  well guess what? The Head fn Football Coach has said he likes to scheme such that someone is open and it's just a matter of quickly finding that open free running receiver...

Let's go with it until it doesn't work...

Stop being an idiot. It was also said about Sam Ehlinger (because it was also true about Sam Ehlinger) as discussed on this very thread. Go be stupid somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

Best thing about that press conference, Sark didn't seem like a whipped dog about to cry like Turtle Tom.

that's great and all, and i didn't see the presser, but sark should have been pissed off when he announced the entire team was climbing the belmont escalators in down-mode non-stop until he was done with the presser

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

that's great and all, and i didn't see the presser, but sark should have been pissed off when he announced the entire team was climbing the belmont escalators in down-mode non-stop until he was done with the presser

He doesn't need to be pissed off at a press conference. He needs to be who he is. He isn't Nick Saban. Let him be him for fucks sake.

• Hook 'Em 6