9.13.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

Saying the OL failures were due to things like “missed assignments” infuriates me.

The OL failures are a direct result of 3 things-

1. Poor talent eval’s
2. Poor development
3. Poor system implementation

We need an influx of 10 OL this off-season. Period. I dont care if we have to sign 20 or 25 OL next class…..fix this fucking problem. For once.

You forgot to add

s-o-f-T.gif

Edited by DanTheHorn

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

It's absolutely not pointless because it's critical if you want to be efficient against top defenses. The window stays open much longer against Colorado than it does against better defenses. 

The good news is it's fixable because he reads the field and finds the guy who's going to come open just fine most of the time. He just needs to trust his eyes more against DBs with better recovery speed. 

It is not critical... that was my whole point.  It may be critical in the NFL where everyone is great and all teams do is learn how to beat QBs (or not) but in college, there are more QBs that wait for the receiver to open than those that dont...  Trevor Lawrence is an exception... otherwise, go look at the teams that win and look at their QBs... making a decisive throw is more important than "throwing the receiver open".  Sure, it's a great trait to have, but it is absolutely not the difference between being a champion and being a backup.

19 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

Yeah. Depressing.

We need:
Cole
Conner
Devon
At least 1 of earnest Greene or dewberry
Add Neto now that Helton is fired at USC
Pay banks 1mm to flip. Pay his parents 1mm.

That’s 6

Add 2 transfers
Add 2 grad transfers.

Then maybe 10-12 late risers lol.

If we’re flipping Oregon commits (good luck with that after this weekend) then might as well throw in Cam Williams from Duncanville. 

When 5 are consistently getting owned by 3, it is because the 5 are pussies. There isn't an ounce of dog in any of the o-linemen on our roster. Sark could have made changes via the transfer portal. He didn't get it done. It doesn't matter why - Sark failed. This isn't about schemes. We have a roster of fucking cowards. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

When 5 are consistently getting owned by 3, it is because the 5 are pussies. There isn't an ounce of dog in any of the o-linemen on our roster. Sark could have made changes via the transfer portal. He didn't get it done. It doesn't matter why - Sark failed. This isn't about schemes. We have a roster of fucking cowards. 

andrew-rannells-masturbate.gif

Is there a contest for who can be the most melodramatic? Are ya winnin'?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Card also has a 4.28 shuttle and that bears out with my impression that he's good at change of direction and decent speed. Casey seems to have better burst and tends to do single cuts and go. Both are excellent, mobile scramblers but Card wasn't doing anything well in this last game. He was playing in a shell shocked fog whereas had he been decisive on when to run, he'd have done better than he did. This one game doesn't have to define him anymore than it does the team. Without a doubt, Casey should have been put in sooner but I don't fault Sark for starting Card initially.

I think Casey's shuttle is 4.19

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Maybe.  But, what if Sark starts Casey and he goes in there and throws all over their dumbfuck sellout to stop the run defense?  The TD's were there to be had if you hit the receivers.  Great gameplan by Odom.  Take away the run game and make the freshman QB beat you with his arm.  Worked like a charm.

which is exactly what we were supposed to do. make a poor throwing QB beat us in the air.

3 hours ago, Snacks said:

Pretty sure that's a Beta...

You are correct, sir. They're like, right next to each other on the keyboard...

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

He doesn't need to be pissed off at a press conference. He needs to be who he is. He isn't Nick Saban. Let him be him for fucks sake.

Unless he turns out to be "Seven Win Steve," like the Trojans say he is. Then he should be himself, still... just... somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Is it too much to ask for him to strangle Kurt Bohls with the microphone cord?

Fuck it, give him a raise of he does that.

8 minutes ago, Snacks said:

But let's get back to the important things...

spacer.png

Yeah baby.

17 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

No, we have a roster of Texas high school football players.

I’m a little surprised Sark made the switch to be honest, but I’m relieved. Casey Thompson bringing a spark through leadership and improvisation is the only thing that can give you a modicum of hope for this season. Maybe Sark had his Mack Brown post Black Saturday moment early.

43 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Looks like he's trying to not run... Because the coach doesn't really want him to run.

I think that's exactly it.  When they were dropping 8, he would break the pocket and have room to take off but then not do it.  He'd sort of glide along the line of scrimmage still looking for someone to throw to until he hit the sideline and could only turn it up for a yard or two.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

which is exactly what we were supposed to do. make a poor throwing QB beat us in the air.

Unfortunately that’s what their QB did.  When we did go after him he completed some long and passes and ours didn’t.  That 2nd and long after the BJ interception and score was an absolute killer.  Their QB hit those open receivers and those receivers caught the ball and we didn’t.  That was critical to the outcome of the game because their QB had just thrown an interception and the our defense let him off the hook.  Total team breakdown in all areas.  

If this team gets their shit together and winds up winning the big 12 behind Casey and bijan playing lights out I hope all you spineless fuckers in here do the right thing and find a sturdy hand rail to climb up on and smash your own balls. If we end up sucking and go 7-5 then at least we did it hoping for the best at all times, like our legendary qb told that team in the rose bowl…let your nuts hang out. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, stork642 said:

Unfortunately that’s what their QB did.  When we did go after him he completed some long and passes and ours didn’t.  That 2nd and long after the BJ interception and score was an absolute killer.  Their QB hit those open receivers and those receivers caught the ball and we didn’t.  That was critical to the outcome of the game because their QB had just thrown an interception and the our defense let him off the hook.  Total team breakdown in all areas.  

sure but we were giving up 6 yards a carry.   and I agree on the 2nd and long. that's what i said yesterday, they hit that and our D folded the rest of the drive and then for the game.  which is essentially what Sark said today.

I haven't seen a replay of it but I'm still wondering if we did the patented Orlando "blitz for no reason" on it.  I was at the game and only saw the guy running uncovered 5 yards past our DB from my seat.  I said at the time to my buddy that if they score at all its over(because Sark didn't pull Card at halftime)

If this team gets their shit together and winds up winning the big 12 behind Casey and bijan playing lights out I hope all you spineless fuckers in here do the right thing and find a sturdy hand rail to climb up on and smash your own balls. If we end up sucking and go 7-5 then at least we did it hoping for the best at all times, like our legendary qb told that team in the rose bowl…let your nuts hang out. 

I mean, sure, I’ll commit to that given there’s basically zero chance it’ll happen.

11 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I'm sure Casey isn't "gangsta" but he might be able to ask Dad for some pointers..

27 minutes ago, stork642 said:

maybe ours could have if we were rushing for 7 yards a carry

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Believe it or not most people don't respond well to people like Nick Saban in any business, line of work or sport. You are right. It is my opinion and I won't change it.

Not every coach has to be like Nick Saban but you do need some Ass kickers on a staff. It’s been over 30 yrs since I put pads on but I remember the coaches that got our adrenaline pumping and got us playing with some anger. I believe there is value in that. You could see the difference on the field Saturday between our intensity level and theirs, it matters.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Jesus Christ this thread is a beating. Casey better get his chance or sark blows, I can’t believe card lost his job from 3 quarters, our oline should magically learn how to block after never being taught, sark better not act like a saban clone cus that shit never works but he better act just like saban after a loss. 
adam sandler mov GIF

Well, winning is hard

25 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Not every coach has to be like Nick Saban but you do need some Ass kickers on a staff. It’s been over 30 yrs since I put pads on but I remember the coaches that got our adrenaline pumping and got us playing with some anger. I believe there is value in that. You could see the difference on the field Saturday between our intensity level and theirs, it matters.

Angry people win football games. At least they did back in the day.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Saban's team and coaches seem to respond well to him if their business is winning football games and championships. @closetojumping and others agree with my take. All we have is opinions on this board.

Most think the Horns weren't prepared on Saturday night. Buck stops with Sark and I'm glad he took responsibility for it.

No one gives a shit if CTJ agrees with your take my bro. Bottom line, people listen to Saban because Saban wins titles. The moment he goes a few seasons without that shit will get tiring real quick. If you NEVER had skins on the wall the rope is even shorter. Sark understands this. Imagine you are 1-1 at a program and ripping Bijan's ass because he made a cut back into the pursuit. Guess who is in the portal next week? This is 2021. These kids grew up in an era where dressing down a child got CPS called on you. Gotta pick and choose your battles. Tom Herman yelled at everyone and acted like an asshole and he is at home looking at wanted ads.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

No one gives a shit if CTJ agrees with your take my bro. Bottom line, people listen to Saban because Saban wins titles. The moment he goes a few seasons without that shit will get tiring real quick. If you NEVER had skins on the wall the rope is even shorter. Sark understands this. Imagine you are 1-1 at a program and ripping Bijan's ass because he made a cut back into the pursuit. Guess who is in the portal next week? This is 2021. These kids grew up in an era where dressing down a child got CPS called on you. Gotta pick and choose your battles. Tom Herman yelled at everyone and acted like an asshole and he is at home looking at wanted ads.

You don't have to be pissed at or dress down anyone in particular.  Just show some emotion that losing the way we did pisses you off.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

You don't have to be pissed at or dress down anyone in particular.  Just show some emotion that losing the way we did pisses you off.

This is the University of Texas. Just about everyone on this board is in some type of leadership position. All of us know that the leader doesn't have to be the one playing bad cop. You just need someone in that role on your team. For example, Mack was never good at playing bad cop. In 2008 and 09 Muschamp was bad cop. The team responded and was salty both years, and Mack never had to be that guy. Let's just let it play out.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I honestly think there’s also an element of these bullshit QB gurus screwing him up with unrealistic drills. His trainer would post video clips of Card’s workouts on Twitter - probably red flag number 1 right there - and people would post them here.  It would almost invariably be something that seemed like it was instilling bad habits.  

The “bounce in the pocket and go through your progressions” drills would have him holding the ball for like 10 seconds.   The scramble drills would have him take off on a dead sprint sideways and then launch downfield off the wrong foot like they’re trying to recreate an Aaron Rodgers highlight.   It pretty much foreshadowed all of his issues.  Holds the ball too long, poor pocket feel, bailing out sideways instead of going upfield, scrambling with the ball tucked instead of in a throwing position, inaccuracy on the move, etc.

He needs to play more real football and unlearn a lot of “coaching”.

I think it's as simple as Card just got rattled and stopped seeing the field. Happens to a lot of talented QBs. Hell, happened to another Lake Travis QB we had here. He just looked like he was sped up way too fast after getting hit a couple times. He looked a lot like Shane did. Shane came in dropping bombs and the more he got hit the more he started missing those throws, until he was barely recognizable as the guy we all saw vs ND. At the end, he threw 3 picks and 1 fumble vs KU.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SuckitKevin said:

So Texas beat Georgia 2 yrs ago, hung with National Champion LSU better than anyone that year, but now they need to get to that level. This is just lazy excuse making. Texas has talent that needs to be coached up. If you’re saying we need to get to that level with our coaching staff, sure. Arkansas didn’t out talent us. That’s ridiculous.

Yep. That really fucking pissed me off. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

So Texas beat Georgia 2 yrs ago, hung with National Champion LSU better than anyone that year, but now they need to get to that level. This is just lazy excuse making. Texas has talent that needs to be coached up. If you’re saying we need to get to that level with our coaching staff, sure. Arkansas didn’t out talent us. That’s ridiculous.

Not on the O line they don't. Can't win with smoke and mirrors.

25 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Well I guess I'll quit arguing with people that say the SEC is a big boy league and we ain't ready for that since Sark said the same damn thing.

This whole argument is dumb. He can be upset, work with team showing emotion and urgency - AND he can also be calm talking with the press and public. It’s called being a professional. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Those same teams that did all that cool shit you’re referencing beat Kansas 50-48, let Baylor hang 24 on them while scoring 10, couldn’t beat tcu and got skull fucked by maryland. 3 guys whipping 5 guys asses is not a coaching problem bro, it’s a talent problem. You can go down that road and say flood isn’t what he’s suppose to be but it’s much simpler to say we have about 5 or 6 OL that were evaluated and ranked completely wrong. Those edge transfers we got in were recruited by two of the best sec teams in the country and they turned out to be mediocre so we scooped them up lol. We have a walk on LB starting. Cade fucking brewer is our best TE and we don’t have a single WR worth a fuck currently. I think this staff can is good enough to take all this shit we have and win games still haha. But we ain’t walking into any game for a while with the “we just out talent everybody” mentality. Those days are gone for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

those hillbillies did everything but tie us to a tree

• Rage+1 1