What, no Joe Manchin thread?

Bullneck

7 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

I just want to thank Joe Manchin for playing things so elegantly and getting his state, full of meh, the outsized resources they need to compete in the 21st century.

American hero, DEMOCRAT, Joe Manchin.

Almost heaven.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

splitting the democratic vote to ensure a MAGA presidency would be the most joe manchin thing he could do

Yeah everyone is clamoring to vote for a pro-life, pro-gun Democrat. Winning ticket right here

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah everyone is clamoring to vote for a pro-life, pro-gun Democrat. Winning ticket right here

Nobody gives a fuck about Joe Manchin. He'd probably peel more votes  away from the GQP....we could be talking dozens, if not hundreds of votes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

Manchin pissing off Trump now.

https://news.yahoo.com/love-country-too-much-vote-174500983.html

Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, a Democratic moderate in a state former President Donald Trump won by nearly 40 points in 2020, criticized President Biden on Sunday, saying he'd "love to" push the president toward the middle and pointing what he called to the "crisis" at the southern border. But Manchin made clear that he wouldn't vote for Mr. Biden's most likely opponent come November.

"I love my country too much to vote for Donald Trump," Manchin told "Face the Nation."

The West Virginia Democrat, who's been a reliable thorn in the Biden administration's side, often being the deciding vote on key legislative priorities, suggested that a Trump presidency would be "very detrimental" to the country.

But Manchin also wouldn't rule out his own White House ambitions, after months of teasing that he could launch a third-party bid and appearing with No Labels, a bipartisan group that's considered nominating its own candidate for the November ballot.

"I'm not going to be a spoiler, never have been and never will be. But people want options, or they want change," Manchin said. "So you got to see what comes." Manchin explained on Sunday that he will "do whatever it takes" to "save" the country, saying he'll support whoever he believes can best help the country "come back to the common sense, sensible middle."

Nevertheless, Manchin appeared in New Hampshire on Friday — less than two weeks ahead of its nominating content — speaking to voters as part of a national "listening tour" he outlined when he announced he would not seek reelection in the Senate.

Edited by atomheartbevo

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

"I love my country too much to vote for Donald Trump," Manchin told "Face the Nation."

‘So I’ll run as the No Labels candidate and help get him elected.

Edited by WhatTheBuck
I hope I’m joking.

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

‘So I’ll run as the No Labels candidate and help get him elected.

I think he would like to create something substantial for 2026/2028 when the field will be wide open even if he’ll be 80. Depends on what he wants for his legacy, which he is thinking about, but the time is  ripe for a new third party after 2024 when the GOP might very well splinter if Trump decides to destroy the GOP for failing him (or the non-MAGA are tired of losing - see the Tea Party).  Plus a lot of the moderates/centrists maybe  looking elsewhere after 2024 is over   

The libertarian and Green parties have hit their ceilings many years ago, and there are a lot of people who are fed up with the two majors but don’t care for the existing third party options and have been sitting out or voting against candidates rather than for them.  

In theory, somebody could use the fallout from 2024 to get another party going and primed for 2026 elections, which lays the ground work for the Presidential in 2028.