What, no Joe Manchin thread?

Bullneck

Making fun of them isn’t going to help, like you said.   And yes it makes me feel better, after all, this is all about feelings.  People like Joe Manchin and his supporters need to be dragged in front of the capitol and beaten with American flags, sprayed with bear mace etc. until they understand the bogeyman they’ve created.  That’s all I have to say about that.   Fuck ignorance.  Hard.  

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Seriously, you were quick. (That's what she said.)

Making fun of them ain't l going to help, but it does feel good.

Also, you want to know what I was doing this week, I was fucking doing work for this country.   Not whining,

Ultra Electronics Advanced Tactical Systems Inc., Austin, Texas, is awarded an $11,618,288 hybrid firm-fixed-price/cost-reimbursable contract (N0003921C4003) for integration, testing, installation, training and on-site field service representatives to create a Common Operational Picture (COP) system in support of a U.S. security cooperation program for the Tunisian Armed Forces (TAF). In support of Joint Operations Command Center in Tunisia, the TAF will be supplied with the command and control (C2) system that will create a COP to provide integrated data from multiple sources to enhance the ability to securely share information across the Tunisia military within their country. This enhanced command, control, communications, computers and intelligence capability aligns with the U.S. Africa Command Theater Campaign Plan line of effort to enhance partner capability to improve security capacities of Tunisia, a strategic U.S. partner, ensuring a stronger defense against regional threats. The C2 system will also allow for joint interoperability with U.S. forces and meets U.S. cybersecurity requirements. This contract will be funded with Title 10 U.S. Code Section 333 Building Partner Capacity Case funds in the amount of $11,618,288, which will be obligated at the time of award to fully fund the contract. The funds expire for obligation purposes fiscal 2021 and require the effort funded with this money to be completed within a two-year period of performance. Work will be performed in Austin, Texas; and various locations in Tunisia. Work is expected to be completed by September 2023. This sole-source contract was not competitively procured in accordance with 10 U.S. Code 2304(c)(1). The Naval Information Warfare Systems Command, San Diego, California, is the contracting activity.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, brakeman said:

Where is the outrage?

Well, lets see…. there are 100 Senators and I am pretty sure 100% divided by 100 Senators would equal 1% percent, so… in leftists super fair fantasy government Sinema is representing more people than she should.

So once again quit spamming the board with stupid shit you find on Facebook.

Edited by Incredulity
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 1

16 hours ago, Satchel said:

Joe is not listening to his people:

Poll shows WV voters support using tax hikes on rich, corporations, to help pay for Biden plan

A poll of 600 registered West Virginia voters found 48% support Biden’s reconciliation plan. After polled voters were given the option of raising taxes on the richest Americans and corporations, while closing the loopholes that have caused significant wealth disparities, support for the plan rose as high as 70%.

The poll was released Tuesday and was commissioned by Americans for Tax Fairness, a national nonprofit group composed of hundreds of American unions, think tanks, advocacy groups and small businesses. Phone calls to voters were made between Aug. 9 and Aug. 15, with respondents being 37% Democrat, 36% Republican and 27% Independent or other affiliation, according to the poll. Thirty percent of respondents described themselves as “very conservative,” while 6% said they were “very liberal.”

The most popular provision among respondents — 70% — was closing the loophole that allows the wealthy to avoid paying taxes on investment gains. A one-time tax on billionaires on their uninvested profits received 65% support, and a wealth tax on Americans who earn more than $50 million in one year received 64% support, according to poll results

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/politics/poll-shows-wv-voters-support-using-tax-hikes-on-rich-corporations-to-help-pay-for/article_0df66787-202a-5b5e-8eb9-f20e0cd622da.html

Maybe, but they love Joe acting like some big swinging dick - he kind of stumbled into being that with how the election split worked out.  

‘Look Ma, we so important now!’

Idiots.  Don’t think for a second he won’t win in a landslide as a R or D next time he’s up for election.  

2 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Well, lets see…. there are 100 Senators and I am pretty sure 100% divided by 100 Senators would equal 1% percent, so… in leftists super fair fantasy government Sinema is representing more people than she should.

So once again quit spamming the board with stupid shit you find on Facebook.

Okay, let's play with stupid shit like simple majority rule which every other major Western democracy uses. Okay, let's apply that wild, leftist notion with equal representation which you clearly favor by your argument so eloquently and civilly made above, shall we?

Without me using numbers which can be confusing (a leftist trick like science!!!!), imagine one largely uniform region such as the sparsely populated plains having the same political clout as a densely populated area home to farming/industry/business/services.

That sounds fair, you communist! What are you griping about? What's the deal with this cabal of wild-eyed, America-hating, always-providing-what-my-eyes-are-looking-for, fascist, God-hating, baby-murdering, former GOP pinheads? Please don't be mean to me or call me names when you answer. We're as classy and polite as Aggies on gameday! 

What I describe would be fair. But the plains have subdivided into different political entities giving them enormously more clout than their fellow citizens in the densely populated area. Now look at all the senate clout the densely populated area has!

Now, all the farming collectives communities are even further disproportionately represented in the Supreme Soviet Senate. In this fantasy land, these votes of the common clay of the earth are co-opted by the powerful totalitarian authoritarian People's Republican Party to maintain power thus making all their talk about helping the people they represent black lies. Anyone allowed to read non-Party literature from places like cities of the United States. (Propaganda, comrade! Fake News. All is well in the People's Republic of Republicans. Shut up or your vote will be suppressed!)

This Party has real and amateur operatives, many actually blind-faith believers, to parrot the foolish things they hear to calm the duped and ironically oppressed constituency. They site fairy tales about the mathematics of Senate representation by hoodwinking fools into ignoring the intent of representation. 

They point to a single senator aligned with the Plains senators but not one himself as the exemplar of how the unequal representation is actually appropriately equal for all the people. They know better than to point to the obvious case of the aggregate Senate power of the FEW which makes their little math game absurd.

To wit from Illinois NPR (FAKE NEWS!!!!!!)

mooney_chart_1.png

As the figure at the top of the page shows, the smallest 10 states typically make up only about 3 percent of the U.S. population, while their senators constitute 20 percent of the U.S. Senate.

But most amateur operatives know this. They act in the name of the Party to protect the power of the Party. Apply your formula about Manchin to these 20 senators representing 3% of the population. It probably still comes out to about 1% of the population represented by each Senator, but do the division just for fun to be sure.

Remember, it's 3 divided by 20 and not 20 divided by 3. It's bound to come out as about 1% of the population represented by each senator. Show your work.

Ebil libs using ebil science and math to promote fake news, comrades fellow American patriots! They're communists!

As for the blind faith believers in the party? Maybe some of this information (IT'S FAKE!) will get past their butt cheeks and sphincter to arrive at their ears in a dark smelly place.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Okay, let's play with stupid shit like simple majority rule which every other major Western democracy uses. Okay, let's apply that wild, leftist notion with equal representation which you clearly favor by your argument so eloquently and civilly made above, shall we?

Without me using numbers which can be confusing (a leftist trick like science!!!!), imagine one largely uniform region such as the sparsely populated plains having the same political clout as a densely populated area home to farming/industry/business/services.

That sounds fair, you communist! What are you griping about? What's the deal with this cabal of wild-eyed, America-hating, always-providing-what-my-eyes-are-looking-for, fascist, God-hating, baby-murdering, former GOP pinheads? Please don't be mean to me or call me names when you answer. We're as classy and polite as Aggies on gameday! 

What I describe would be fair. But the plains have subdivided into different political entities giving them enormously more clout than their fellow citizens in the densely populated area. Now look at all the senate clout the densely populated area has!

Now, all the farming collectives communities are even further disproportionately represented in the Supreme Soviet Senate. In this fantasy land, these votes of the common clay of the earth are co-opted by the powerful totalitarian authoritarian People's Republican Party to maintain power thus making all their talk about helping the people they represent black lies. Anyone allowed to read non-Party literature from places like cities of the United States. (Propaganda, comrade! Fake News. All is well in the People's Republic of Republicans. Shut up or your vote will be suppressed!)

This Party has real and amateur operatives, many actually blind-faith believers, to parrot the foolish things they hear to calm the duped and ironically oppressed constituency. They site fairy tales about the mathematics of Senate representation by hoodwinking fools into ignoring the intent of representation. 

They point to a single senator aligned with the Plains senators but not one himself as the exemplar of how the unequal representation is actually appropriately equal for all the people. They know better than to point to the obvious case of the aggregate Senate power of the FEW which makes their little math game absurd.

To wit from Illinois NPR (FAKE NEWS!!!!!!)

But most amateur operatives know this. They act in the name of the Party to protect the power of the Party. Apply your formula about Manchin to these 20 senators representing 3% of the population. It probably still comes out to about 1% of the population represented by each Senator, but do the division just for fun to be sure.

Remember, it's 3 divided by 20 and not 20 divided by 3. It's bound to come out as about 1% of the population represented by each senator. Show your work.

Ebil libs using ebil science and math to promote fake news, comrades fellow American patriots! They're communists!

As for the blind faith believers in the party? Maybe some of this information (IT'S FAKE!) will get past their butt cheeks and sphincter to arrive at their ears in a dark smelly place.

Are you okay?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

48 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Are you talking to the mirror?

You just seemed to have stroked out for a second. I couldn’t tell if you were intentionally posting whatever that last thing was or if you were posting something coherent but got caught in an episode and what followed was the result of trying to type while writhing around on the floor or a Starbucks choking on your tongue.

Are you okay now? Do you need medical attention?

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 8

12 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You just seemed to have stroked out for a second. I couldn’t tell if you were intentionally posting whatever that last thing was or if you were posting something coherent but got caught in an episode and what followed was the result of trying to type while writhing around on the floor or a Starbucks choking on your tongue.

this approach is not at all productive. i know you have your bullshit "aw shucks" schtick and your smiley avatars. you want to disagree with the man, do that. don't sit there and troll with accusations of "stroking out." do you realize how childish that is?

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this approach is not at all productive. i know you have your bullshit "aw shucks" schtick and your smiley avatars. you want to disagree with the man, do that. don't sit there and troll with accusations of "stroking out." do you realize how childish that is?

This is why I think it’s weird people like you think my tone is affectation (e.g. your “aw shucks schtick”); if I think something is weird or stupid I’ll say so. Sometimes I’ll try to be funny when doing so, like in this case. And most times I will fail at being funny, I guess. Again, like in this case.

I don’t even know if I disagree with this guy here because I found his post to jarring and difficult to really read and comprehend. 

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You're out of your weight class, friendo. Just walk away.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

do you realize you're arguing with an intellectual toddler?

• Haha 1

When red states elect Dems, this is what you get I guess. Corruption in Manchin and incompetence in Sinema.

I wonder how much the criminal organization we call the GQP will pay to keep their Senate Firewall intact. You know they have the money and all kinds of schemes for delivery.

Now it's in Manchin's interest to block any ethics or corruption investigations. He took the money, now he belongs to them.

End the senate.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

When red states elect Dems, this is what you get I guess. Corruption in Manchin and incompetence in Sinema.

I hadn't though too deeply about this but it's a great point. A Dem in a red state is not going to be the same sub-species as a Dem in a blue state. We can't really expect that unless we are being naive or irrational, right?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

35 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I hadn't though too deeply about this but it's a great point. A Dem in a red state is not going to be the same sub-species as a Dem in a blue state. We can't really expect that unless we are being naive or irrational, right?

I can't tell if it's intentional or whether you just have hate-derived speech in your everyday lexicon, but why do you insist on throwing inflammatory terms into every single statement you make - and then come back all contrite and whipped when anyone calls you out? Sub-species, really? Sure, it's a term applied broadly among biological circles, but when referring to people, there is clear intent. So either you're exceptionally naive and you simply misuse words to sound smart, or your intent is very clear and you're just another troll. Either way, your shit is tired.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I can't tell if it's intentional or whether you just have hate-derived speech in your everyday lexicon, but why do you insist on throwing inflammatory terms into every single statement you make - and then come back all contrite and whipped when anyone calls you out? Sub-species, really? Sure, it's a term applied broadly among biological circles, but when referring to people, there is clear intent. So either you're exceptionally naive and you simply misuse words to sound smart, or your intent is very clear and you're just another troll. Either way, your shit is tired.

Imagine being so eaten up with bulverism that you think my response to Roma was hate derived or a misapplication of words. 

• Fuck You 2

17 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Imagine being so eaten up with bulverism that you think my response to Roma was hate derived or a misapplication of words. 

Is this like "every accusation is a confession"?  Did I do that right?

• 2 weeks later...

Just stopping by to say Fuck Joe Manchin. The fact that a man who owns coal companies is able to dictate our response to the climate crisis is a fucking travesty. Carbon sequestration ain't gonna do shit for us any time soon, if ever. Go enjoy the fall weather tomorrow. Who knows how many days like it we will have in the coming years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 10/1/2021 at 5:51 AM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Also, you want to know what I was doing this week, I was fucking doing work for this country.   Not whining,

Ultra Electronics Advanced Tactical Systems Inc., Austin, Texas, is awarded an $11,618,288 hybrid firm-fixed-price/cost-reimbursable contract (N0003921C4003) for integration, testing, installation, training and on-site field service representatives to create a Common Operational Picture (COP) system in support of a U.S. security cooperation program for the Tunisian Armed Forces (TAF). In support of Joint Operations Command Center in Tunisia, the TAF will be supplied with the command and control (C2) system that will create a COP to provide integrated data from multiple sources to enhance the ability to securely share information across the Tunisia military within their country. This enhanced command, control, communications, computers and intelligence capability aligns with the U.S. Africa Command Theater Campaign Plan line of effort to enhance partner capability to improve security capacities of Tunisia, a strategic U.S. partner, ensuring a stronger defense against regional threats. The C2 system will also allow for joint interoperability with U.S. forces and meets U.S. cybersecurity requirements. This contract will be funded with Title 10 U.S. Code Section 333 Building Partner Capacity Case funds in the amount of $11,618,288, which will be obligated at the time of award to fully fund the contract. The funds expire for obligation purposes fiscal 2021 and require the effort funded with this money to be completed within a two-year period of performance. Work will be performed in Austin, Texas; and various locations in Tunisia. Work is expected to be completed by September 2023. This sole-source contract was not competitively procured in accordance with 10 U.S. Code 2304(c)(1). The Naval Information Warfare Systems Command, San Diego, California, is the contracting activity.

Looks like you were doing work for Tunisia tbh. 

• Haha 1

He just told a reporter the story is bullshit.

How quick everyone was to run with Mother Jones' story.  They have a big FIGHT DISINFORMATION banner - how ironic. 

The Democratic party's base is so fucking dumb.  Why would he flip now and lose all leverage for the rest of forever?  

Edited by Js1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

How quick everyone was to run with Mother Jones' story.  They have a big FIGHT DISINFORMATION banner - how ironic. 

The Democratic party's base is so fucking dumb.  Why would he flip now and lose all leverage for the rest of forever?  

THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO SINCE FOOTBALL SUCKS!

Didn't Saban say it was bullshit he was leaving the Dolphins for Alabama?

18 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Why would he flip now and lose all leverage for the rest of forever?  

Repubs would give him any committee he wants and star billing, if he switches and gives the Republicans the Senate. Corporations would continue to fund him (and Sinema, if she switches).

He is the new Strom Thurmond or Phil Gramm (Texas Senator and Rep. who switched from Dem to Republican). 

Edited by washparkhorn

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO SINCE FOOTBALL SUCKS!

Didn't Saban say it was bullshit he was leaving the Dolphins for Alabama?

I'd say there's a big difference between betraying your political principles and party you've been in since first elected in 1982 and what team you coach for millions of dollars.  Even when his state flipped hard, he remained a Democrat. 

He voted against the Trump Tax Cuts, he voted to save the ACA.  He supports voting rights (it's his bill the GOP just unanimously killed). 

15 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, who wouldn't want to be the 51st lockstep GOP shill instead of being The Most Important Man in the Senate?

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Repubs would give him any committee he wants and star billing, if he switches and gives the Republicans the Senate. Corporations would continue to fund him (and Sinema, if she switches).

He is the new Strom Thurmond or Phil Gramm (Texas Senator and Rep. who switched from Dem to Republican). 

He is nothing like Phil Gramm.  They switched when it became politically expedient to do so.  WV hadn't voted for a Democrat since 1996, which included going from a 6 point R margin in 2000 to 44 points in 2016.  

As a Democrat, he still won in 2004 by 29.5 points, he won in 2008 by 44 points, he won in 2012 by 24 points.  In the worst Dem midterm ever of 2010, he still won by 10 points for Senate. 

He could have easily flipped in 2010/2012/2018 when it was politically expedient to do so.  He's also 74 years old, I don't think he's running again, so why bother. 

Edited by Js1