RIP Norm Macdonald

Texas Flood

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was this article I was reading recently where it explained that he basically called up his neighbor/producer and said "we're shooting this tonight", and they just set it up in the living room or something. Still haven't seen it but yeah it sounds like production value was at a minimum. Definitely looking forward to Letterman and Conan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-entertainment/2022/05/29/norm-macdonald-nothing-special-netflix/

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

It's very weird to watch - no audience and he's just working through material. But the interview with Conan, Sandler, Chappelle, etc at the end is amazzzzing. 

when he’s interviewing them are they aware of his condition?

It was clearly material he was still working on and would have been honed by the time it was ready for a real special or large audience. Plenty of gems in there that would have killed. You could tell his delivery would have changed on some of it given more time and some jokes that felt incomplete and which you know would have been perfect eventually. Very enjoyable. I’ll buck the trend and say the thing at the end felt unnecessary. It was stuff everyone had already shared after he passed, very little about the new jokes. I enjoyed it, but Norm’s set was the highlight for me. 

During the conversation afterwards, they mentioned his standup show on the evening of March 13, 2020, which was the night before everything shut down. Basically, it was his last gig. Found a couple of clips on YouTube. SIAP

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...