Texas Recruiting Notes - 2018

• 6 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 10:46 PM, TheFlyingBoat said:

Rondale Moore's decommitment from Texas and commitment to Purdue was actually a MENSA level play by Tom the Herman to upset THE Ohio State University.

Rondale Moore injured yesterday...

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/09/28/purdue-rondale-moore-elijah-sindelar-injury-updates

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Come on home man, I really liked this kid coming out of HS. Anyone know if he's had any injuries lately? He's a great student.

Think he was running like 4th string including behind a true FR on their depth chart.   Would be surprised if either side is real interested considering our depth chart and FR TE already seeing PT here.

32 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Come on home man, I really liked this kid coming out of HS. Anyone know if he's had any injuries lately? He's a great student.

He’s done nothing at Michigan. Per Eric Nahlin at IT, part of his issue there has been no willingness to block anyone. He would also have to sit out a year.

16 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Think he was running like 4th string including behind a true FR on their depth chart.   Would be surprised if either side is real interested considering our depth chart and FR TE already seeing PT here.

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He’s done nothing at Michigan. Per Eric Nahlin at IT, part of his issue there has been no willingness to block anyone. He would also have to sit out a year.

Well shit, good luck to the kid then.

5 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Damn... was about to type if he's a willing and good blocker, he could start from day 1... fuck that shit.  And fuck Brewer playing almost every snap of the game. He fucking sucks and is probably slower than CTJ.  

I would gladly race Brewer right now. 

I'm too slammed to be productive on the subject right now, but the continued trotting out of a TE and a TB into the empty sets is hilariously fucking stupid. We've done it for 3 years now and we throw to either position like once every 3-4 games when we do it. The defenses know they can basically just ignore those guys, and they do. 

Herman's done a fine job of amassing talent. Texas has more talent on the field than damn near anyone they'll play. Credit there to the staff. Unfortunately, Texas is bad on offense, bad on defense, bad on special teams, and bad on personnel choices across the board. So, no biggie. If we can decisively outtalent every opponent, I like where we're headed. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm too slammed to be productive on the subject right now, but the continued trotting out of a TE and a TB into the empty sets is hilariously fucking stupid. We've done it for 3 years now and we throw to either position like once every 3-4 games when we do it. The defenses know they can basically just ignore those guys, and they do. 

Herman's done a fine job of amassing talent. Texas has more talent on the field than damn near anyone they'll play. Credit there to the staff. Unfortunately, Texas is bad on offense, bad on defense, bad on special teams, and bad on personnel choices across the board. So, no biggie. If we can decisively outtalent every opponent, I like where we're headed. 

but what you dont understand, because not MENSA, is that if you take Brewer out then your tip your hand but if you leave him in, then they wont know what's coming! its brilliance is in its simplicity. not that you would understand, because NOT MENSA. 

42 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It "worked" for Mack Brown for a while...

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Easily his most arrogant moment of any presser this year was when Mensa got asked if he ever thought of putting Smith on the field at the same time as Duvernay. He responded with "why would I do that?"   I mean I don't know, but maybe to score more points.  Not like either could come close to replacing Brewers contributions 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

I'm not buying the "no willingness to block anyone" narrative by Nahlin. Watched the kid many times in HS as went to same school as my kids. Kid was known for being a good blocker who loved to hit. Just go look at his Senior HUDL film. More than half the film is of him blocking. Lots of pancakes and blocking 15+ yards downfield. The film does shows me someone who likes to block. He was asked to block way more than anything else.

Now maybe he changed his tune when he got to college, but there certainly was no complaints when a 4-5 star in HS was being asked to primarily block.

ps. I believe his mom is a Texas alum, he liked Herman, didn't like the player vibe on his official from the leftover Strong upperclassmen that were there

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut