Texas Recruiting Notes - 2018

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

DWA.  Did he ever make it to Tennessee?

DWA! How could I forget that guy? Good lord. 

Frankly, if you told me that any of Watkins, Tatum and DWA were going to be busts, I'd believe you. Tatum is dumber than a concrete cat and has family issues. Watkins we know about. DWA is not a brain surgeon. While Waddle was never a guy that Texas was in on, I expect him to bust at Bama due to his family hangers-on, him being soft, and him being tiny. 

I'm not sure if Herman is blowing smoke up everyone's ass but I hope he really is evaluating these type things. Something that's become obvious from following recruiting over the years is there are certainly attrition candidates you can avoid. 

I'm all for stacking talent but there's some recruits we should be avoiding. Talent doesn't mean shit if they don't stay in the program. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Wasn’t he the one everybody was saying needs to get out of Florida? Yeah he probably should’ve done that...

He should have gone to OU. Would have been redshirted for the assault and battery, but wouldve been ready to go the next year. 

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I posted on the football board about it, but it's worth noting here, too. He's the second of their 2018 DL class to go down with injury (Michael Thompson tore his ACL).

Everything I'm reading on OU's defense tells me they are going to be a dumpster fire. 

Guys changing position, young players getting lots of reps, moving parts, injuries, and so on. 

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

I don't think most of our fans realize how nice this pickup was for us. Kid is a keeper.

What is this dude’s full name? And does he have some game tape? I think I’ve seen two videos of him and both times he’s going up against air.