Texas Recruiting Notes - 2018

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

"The victim did not wish to report this case immediately due to Watkins football status and source of family income being jeopardized, according to the incident report."

Did not realize UF players were paid so handsomely.

• 4 weeks later...

Saw on the LSU boards not to long they were talking about OT Badara Traore ( the JUCO that Duvernay supposedly told not to come to Texas ).  Anyways, apparently he's struggling.  Said he couldn't handle the heat in practices/out of shape and was getting beat off the edge/is slow.  I don't think he's starting for them.

Edit:  ourlads shows him starting at RT.  Must have improved since I saw the stuff on tigerdroppings.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw on the LSU boards not to long they were talking about OT Badara Traore ( the JUCO that Duvernay supposedly told not to come to Texas ).  Anyways, apparently he's struggling.  Said he couldn't handle the heat in practices/out of shape and was getting beat off the edge/is slow.  I don't think he's starting for them.

That's a real shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Edit:  ourlads shows him starting at RT.  Must have improved since I saw the stuff on tigerdroppings.

Sounds like Duvernay is a smart guy.

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

😞

Ya you're right Chris, we forced him out for higher rated guys. 

On the bright side, I see this as more proof positive that our coaching staff is nailing evals on players. Especially last year with rubes like EJ doing the duck walk all year - WADDLEWADDLEWADDLEWADDLE and thinking they know better. 

14 hours ago, texifornia said:

Well, it stings a bit but he seems like a good guy and hopefully Jamison, with his superior shuttle, is a good replacement. 

Yea, wish we could have had him, but agree.  Also, good for Rondale going to a place to make an immediate impact, hard to fault a kid for that.

28 minutes ago, TexTexTex said:

Yea, wish we could have had him, but agree.  Also, good for Rondale going to a place to make an immediate impact, hard to fault a kid for that.

Agreed- he is able to make an instant impact at Purdue. If he came here, he’d probably be sitting behind some talented upper classmen for a year (not saying he wouldn’t deserve to start over them).

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Did Eagles play after the first snap? He might well have, but I just recall him having to run onto the field because of a "wardrobe malfunction" or something with CJ. Which itself struck me as odd, after 8 1/2 months to prep for the first play...but whatever.

Did Johnson’s johnson fall out of the bottom of his pants?