Texas Recruiting Notes - 2018

TexasFan21

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I don’t consider him a miss.  He was going to be a tough pull once the situation changed at Purdue.

“Miss” suggests we didn’t offer or gave him an undesirable offer (offered him at LB). He’s just a guy who we tried really hard but he chose to go elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Kinda sucks to have already burned Ossai's shirt and not noticing him in any game. Edit: Cook, too. Can only remember him for a few snaps against Tulsa.

Cook played a lot and well while Davis was sidelined against USC. He was the first cb off the bench. He’s going to keep getting snaps that matter as the year progresses, I imagine. 

This is 2017, but Eno Benjamin ran for 312 yards and 3 tds yesterday for ASU.

That kid REALLY wanted to be a Longhorn, I wish we would’ve taken him.Took Toniel Carter and Daniel Young instead.

Carter is a prime transfer candidate now, and didn’t really want to be here in the first place.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

This is 2017, but Eno Benjamin ran for 312 yards and 3 tds yesterday for ASU.

That kid REALLY wanted to be a Longhorn, I wish we would’ve taken him.Took Toniel Carter and Daniel Young instead.

Carter is a prime transfer candidate now, and didn’t really want to be here in the first place.

To be fair, Oregon State is almost Rutgers bad.

4 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

How is Ayodele Adeoye doing? I know he was injured but I just haven’t noticed him that much. 

You haven't noticed him much because he has been injured. We'll see given how thin we are at LB whether the staff can keep a redshirt on him as he's recovered.

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

You haven't noticed him much because he has been injured. We'll see given how thin we are at LB whether the staff can keep a redshirt on him as he's recovered.

I knew he was injured but thought he was healthy now. Is he wheeler or Johnson’s backup?

3 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I knew he was injured but thought he was healthy now. Is he wheeler or Johnson’s backup?

I see him as a Mac but I'm sure he's cross-trained at all the LB positions.

He might be healthy but he's missed out on valuable training camp reps, probably not ready for live action outside special teams.

50 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You're both assuming it wasn't Burt's decision.

If the staff is allowing him to choose, it means they're not all that concerned about keeping him as CJ and LJH insurance.

I think Burt is a good kid, but he's not one of Herman's guys and he's no longer an impact player. I'm betting Herman would prefer the extra schollie.