Europa League 2021-22

Napoleon

Thursday Night Fútbol

Though not on the NFL Network, but rather Paramount+ (I presume), Thursday Night (in Europe) Fútbol starts back up tonight.

In addition to the Europa League, I feel that we can throw the Europa Conference League in this thread as well, because I'd never even heard of it before 5 minutes ago.

Not as many USMNT players are participating in the Europa League as are in the ECL, but tonight features DeAndre Yedlin and the Fighting Turks of Galatasaray (5 "A"s in that team name) as well as Konrad de la Fuente and the Fighting Beachcombers of Marseille's Crime Infested Industrial Port Area in separate matchups.

1477120534_ScreenShot2021-09-16at9_47_53AM.thumb.png.2bc7b185d7a79d19783c90a909984b87.png

NOTE: Both matches take place in the eastern bowels of Europe and will kickoff in the early time slot.

Let the games begin!

Edited by Napoleon

Lokomotiv Moskow, down a man, scores a goal from the edge of the box, in the 89'... what an absolute failure by Marseille. Just awful.

Let's see if Marseille can sneak one in as the game goes to 3 minutes of injury time. Wow. Konrad almost with a sneaky assist. "It's all happening now."

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yesterday they lost at home in the first leg of the semis 2-1. They gave up a goal in the first minute of the game. I think they can do it, but the road win is going to be hard.

On the other side Leipzig won at home 1-0 against Rangers. That put Tyler Adams 90 minutes from the Europa League final. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

final is today.  

The total lack of vegetation in that video is borderline creepy. 

City planning one to two thousand years ago was not what it is today. 

That said, I would love to be there. Not sure who I would support. 

1) EINTRACT:  I was flatmates in Argentina for a couple of months about 15 years ago with a guy who now works for Eintract.
2) RANGERS: James Sands is on Rangers (though he never plays) and in addition to his being a Yank, my sister knows his mother.

The keeper’s save was amazing, but it would have been all-for-naught if that defender hadn’t headed the ball away… which was completely missed by the ref. 

Germans vs Brits… there has been a tendency to pick Der Germans in shootouts. 

• Hook 'Em 1