Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread

Mole

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Who's the Heisman Now ??

I can relate 100% to the feeling Fowler's talking about there. Watching VY & those Texas teams was the pinnacle of my enjoyment of watching football, at least so far. And nothing else really comes close.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, LTtxfan said:

Have to add this video to Vince thread...  

It still pisses me off when USC fans don't get called out on the 3-peat references.  LSU won the 2003 championship.  They have the trophy.  AP votes count for shit.  Granted, OU should've never played in that game, it should have been LSU vs USC.  But it wasn't so fuck off with your claimed 2003 championship.  Aggiest shit ever.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 10:55 AM, 83Horn said:

Who puts these stupid lists together?  This list is of the two greatest Big XII QBs of all time, and then three who won the Heisman.

And Kyler Murray still didn't make the list. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

That clip never gets old.

Yep. Gettin' a little dusty in here. My wife (no pics) can never understand how I can be so indifferent/dispassionate about many things and then get so emotional about sports.

And I love that 2 pt conversion. It's like "Yep, that just happened. And now I'm gonna do it to you again, but right up the middlle this time. EABOD".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

He was so.......great.

I showed that to my kid last night. His eyes were popping out of his head the entire time. He was in utter awe and disbelief. I've shown him VY highlights before, but as an 18 yo male, he can't look ahead more than about 3 hours or remember anything beyond about a year ago.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I’m PRETTY sure the third “play” of this clip was Vince’s Freshman year and he’d come in to relieve Mock. I remember just yelling at my brother in law, “That’s the Future!” Over and over…good times.(well, not that game and getting shellacked 65-13…dammit, Mack)

• blacklab changed the title to Vince Young Perpetual Appreciation Thread