[Game Thread] Owls at Longhorns

immamac

35 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

What? No. I wish to have another QB ready to go in case he gets knocked out of the game. 

What I am wishing for is for Casey to continue to score on just about every drive and wins the Heisman.

Don't know if there's ever been joint Heisman winners, but I suppose Bijan and Casey can be the first.

• Haha 1

I couldn't see the game, but I was so delighted to hear that so many players got into the game. It's been maddening for years that we could never pull away from teams like Rice and get reps for lots of guys.

I'm not in the camp that says Casey should play the whole game for reps. That's what kept Mack and Greg from developing QBs in game conditions. Waiting until the second to last possession to send in your number 2 just to hand off is stupid.

Casey is doing great, and Card needs to develop. I like what Sark is doing.

• Hook 'Em 4

LonghornSean I believe. Saved me lots of $$$ not going to a bar to watch it.
Hopefully LHN goes away for next season, but look for ESPN to still fuck us with ESPN+. No amount of money is ever enough for those fuckers...but at least we can get it standalone. (For now)
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I couldn't see the game, but I was so delighted to hear that so many players got into the game. It's been maddening for years that we could never pull away from teams like Rice and get reps for lots of guys.

I'm not in the camp that says Casey should play the whole game for reps. That's what kept Mack and Greg from developing QBs in game conditions. Waiting until the second to last possession to send in your number 2 just to hand off is stupid.

Sark is being smart with the portal, and you dont want a situation where you bench card and crush his confidence, then casey goes down and he has to work out of that with live bullets. I like the approach, there is no controversy about it like when Mack played 2 qbs, but they are both getting a lot of game reps.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Yes it did. Faaaaaar better. It was kind of astonishing. Is Flood like retarded or something?

I was very surprised when Karic did not start the season. He looked great as a true freshman.

I have more confidence in Flood than I did in any of the parade of fools we’ve had coaching the OL for the past decade or so. However, I also think that the “Alabama effect” is real. Assistant coaches at Bama benefit from Saban running the program with an iron fist and having 4-5 years worth of #1 recruiting classes at their disposal. There are lots of coaches who would look good under those conditions. Hopefully there’s enough game tape, and Flood is willing to admit a mistake, such that he’ll adjust the starting 5 as necessary.

16 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

I was very surprised when Karic did not start the season. He looked great as a true freshman.

I have more confidence in Flood than I did in any of the parade of fools we’ve had coaching the OL for the past decade or so. However, I also think that the “Alabama effect” is real. Assistant coaches at Bama benefit from Saban running the program with an iron fist and having 4-5 years worth of #1 recruiting classes at their disposal. There are lots of coaches who would look good under those conditions. Hopefully there’s enough game tape, and Flood is willing to admit a mistake, such that he’ll adjust the starting 5 as necessary.

The left side needs to improve and be serviceable.  We will find out more during Tech game.  Otherwise expect TCU and OU to relentlessly attack the left side.

7 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Gotta give it to Rice. They took their beating like a man. They didnt call timeouts to extend the game or attempt a field goal to avoid the shutout.

It helped that we ran the ball the entire 4th quarter. Card only ran the normal offense for one series. Otherwise, he just handed off.

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

card was 2 for 3 for 29.  i don't know how many snaps he handed off, but sark DID NOT turn card loose to run the real offense.   "all gas no brakes" was fetch halfway through the 3rd.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I know it was just Rice. But Brooks is going to be a dude.  I mean I’d love to red shirt him but def get him snaps in 4 games to get the feel for the game 

Yeah he looks good. He’s young and will learn but he should be more patient and lower his pad level. Our RB room is going to be insane next year. 

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

I’m starting to think either our D-Line isn’t as dominant as we thought, or they just don’t give af and get out of gap. 

why was rice of all teams able to gash us in couple of times in the run game?? 

It was a shut out... 

But, clearly our dline has been feasting on a weak oline in practice. We have talent, but they weren't use to people putting up a fight. 

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

It was a shut out... 

But, clearly our dline has been feasting on a weak oline in practice. We have talent, but they weren't use to people putting up a fight. 

It was Rice…. 

That small leak is gonna become a big hole if not addressed. I know our coaches see it because we as fans see it. This is the 3rd week in a row we’ve been gashed cause Louisiana definitely did it, and no need to mention Arkansas 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, naija said:

I think we've seen quite a few successful first time QBs in recent years and are just expecting a little bit much from Card. crazy anyone would even think of writing him off after 2 games

Card is clearly #2. We need both. They make each other better. It’s not mutually exclusive. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, D3zii said:

It was Rice…. 

That small leak is gonna become a big hole if not addressed. I know our coaches see it because we as fans see it. This is the 3rd week in a row we’ve been gashed cause Louisiana definitely did it, and no need to mention Arkansas 

I think our offensive and defensive lines may not be as good as we thought.

11 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Rice didn't call timeout because while they suck their coach (unlike ULaLa douche) realizes that if that were a real end of game situation with something on the line you wouldn't likely have any TOs left in that scenario and so it isn't really practicing the scenario to take a timeout.  

Actually think it was respect. Rice coach knew Sark tapped the brakes (I know 😳)on our last drive near the goaline. We coulda laid 65 on em. Showing respect he didn’t kick field goal to avoid shutout. Great game for all except 1st half oline. Hook em. 

• Like 1

I wouldn’t say I thought the O-Line wuda been trash, because in the bowl game they didn’t look bad. 

plus I thought going against our D-Line they would only get better. Now come to find out instead of our O-Line getting better going against our D-Line, the D-Line is getting worse going against our O-Line 

I went and sat in the North end zone. The SEZ is cool, but those seats being empty and expensive to buy is dumber than our left side OL play. What a failure. It’s a shame we don’t give the students the SEZ to fill it up. 

That being said, the atmosphere was 10x better than it’s been and the place was loud for the first half. 

i don’t have pics, because I’m not a creeper, but my God, there were so many hot women walking around I couldn’t imagine being in college again with that walking around. 😳

1514CE23-3608-46B8-92C4-8AF94C7E63F3.jpeg

B9322A8A-10BD-4BA4-B153-40E7ADE35431.jpeg

F36DFDD4-A9FE-4E37-8DFE-4CCFE759FCF3.jpeg

DB5619EF-AC5A-46EA-B771-5F5958000871.jpeg

A2487037-EF22-4CFD-893C-31E0E463491C.jpeg

Edited by Droopy
I’m better than that.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Was at the game and don’t want to crawl way up thread:

Unless I was so drunk I couldn’t see straight (always a possibility)…J’Tavion Sanders was in on several snaps at TE and DE.

Do we think he’ll land at one or the other? Or will he try to be a two-way?

Don't ask, don't tell.

• Haha 1