Tech Game Week

Wulaw Horn

Just now, ousux said:

It covers everything I need except LHN, can't think of anything else missing sportwise. The package I have is $65 and includes
SEC
ACC
B1G
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN news
ESPN U
FS1
FS2
NFL
And then your local ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox and probably something I missed.

65/mo and it includes Disney too?

Our last three games in Lubbock were 7 or 8 point wins. Our last three games in Austin have been two fat ugly Ls and a 25 point win. Honestly, not to sound like mensa, but I will just be happy to win and look like a better team than what we saw in Fayetteville. Rice and ULL mean nothing now that it is conference season.

Edited by Sock Monkey
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

This game is hard to predict for me, I’m not sure how good or bad either team is based on the mixed results so far. Texas should definitely win based on talent and home field but I’m not sure I have much trust in them after Arky, we’ll see.

We played Arky on the road. We played pretty well against ULL at home. I think we'll play even better than that with Casey under center.

8 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Regarding the above that I sent before finishing, I have Sling Orange + Blue with Sports Extra. The early games I see are LSU vs MSU on ESPN, Mizzou vs BC on ESPN2, and Bowling Green vs Minnesota on ESPN3. I’m still not certain which game I’ll get on ABC, so I’m curious what solution Burt may have found. 

I could be wrong but I always thought 11AM ABC is National and 2:30 ABC was periodically Regional, but that may be an outdated way of doing it.

22 hours ago, El Squared said:

I just hope the staff and the team take this game (and every game) seriously and perform with intensity, but that is likely asking too much. Tech hasn’t shown out their super shitty side, regardless of their opponents, we have, so there’s that.

I just hope this board takes this game seriously and posts with intensity.

Otherwise we’re fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, El Squared said:

I just hope the staff and the team take this game (and every game) seriously and perform with intensity, but that is likely asking too much. Tech hasn’t shown out their super shitty side, regardless of their opponents, we have, so there’s that.

Tech barely beat SFA at home. They've definitely shown their shitty side. 

Texas isn't good enough to blow off any opponent though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Getafix said:

Tech's record over the last 5 seasons (starting 2016 - all losing seasons):

5-7

6-7

5-7

4-8

4-6

Their recruiting rankings (starting 2017):

(Avg. #61)

We better not even let it get close with these fuckers.

4th quarter

FG

10:47

Cameron Dicker 26 Yd Field Goal

12 plays, 64 yards, 4:13

41-42

TD

6:12

T.J. Vasher 18 Yd pass from Alan Bowman (Trey Wolff Kick)

6 plays, 56 yards, 2:13

41-49

TD

3:13

SaRodorick Thompson 75 Yd Run (Trey Wolff Kick)

2 plays, 78 yards, 0:59

41-56

TD

2:39

Brennan Eagles 12 Yd pass from Sam Ehlinger (Cameron Dicker Kick)

4 plays, 59 yards, 0:34

48-56

TD

0:40

Joshua Moore 18 Yd pass from Sam Ehlinger (Sam Ehlinger Pass to Brennan Eagles for Two-Point Conversion)

6 plays, 42 yards, 1:59

56-56

+++

sam saved therm's job for 3 months

the surl was apoplectic

who did tech lose of note?

add in the early start and the first opportunity for big12 fuckery

we should win convincingly

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

sand aggies

Aggy

we might need a ruling on this.....

my understanding is that it's "sand aggie" without the 's' at the end, but spelled the way aggy spell aggy....  and like aggy, "sand aggie" is both singular and plural....

and because aggy is never capitalized, "sand aggie" is also never capitalized......

free psa: aggys rhymes with haggis but this should never be an issue because aggy is plural, singular, a noun, a pronoun, a verb, an adverb, an adjective, a perjorative, a declarative and a vulgarity, all with the same spelling, never capitalized.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

we might need a ruling on this.....

my understanding is that it's "sand aggie" without the 's' at the end, but spelled the way aggy spell aggy....  and like aggy, "sand aggie" is both singular and plural....

and because aggy is never capitalized, "sand aggie" is also never capitalized......

free psa: aggys rhymes with haggis but this should never be an issue because aggy is plural, singular, a noun, a pronoun, a verb, an adverb, an adjective, a perjorative, a declarative and a vulgarity, all with the same spelling, never capitalized.

I was/am high when I wrote it. 

• Haha 1

I wonder if we will see any new yet predictable wrinkles to the offense this week (e.g. jet sweeps with Keilan Robinson, targeting the TEs up the middle, QB draws, RB screens, more first down passes, increased wildcat with Roschon etc.). On a similar note, I don't agree with some saying that we lack speed on offense. A package with Casey, Bijan, Keilan, Worthy, Moore, and Whittington is plenty fast.

• Like 1

Expect longer than usual delays around the Capitol building this Saturday morning.  From Lavaca to San Jacinto, from 11th to 15th.  From about 9am-12pm.  should be long cleared out after the game.  Additional security, restricted turns, and some lane closures.  

Edited by Lobo