Grading the Team’s Performance Week 3

hpslugga

44 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

Just say “It’s Rice” and call it a day. 

Yeah that’s why I offered 0 commentary. Don’t get me wrong, this was the exact game that needed to follow Arkansas. But the thing is there are 9 left in the regular season, so [Winston]let’s not start suckin’ each other’s dicks quite yet.[/Wolfe]

6 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Hey, @hpslugga. Thanks for sharing. Wasn't sure you still did these. Probably me just not paying attention.

I started back up this year just because Sark is having his inaugural (that and it’s quicker now that I’m using a google book instead of screen capping and uploading it to that godawful photobucket).

I quit doing it on the other sites because no matter what the outcome of the game happened to be, it would always turn into a bitch fest, mostly on HF from that little clique led by that douchebag horninchicago, about the metrics and how I was being too mean by using the red color…even in games where we were hitting like 39/50. That kind of tedious minutiae doesn’t seem to exist here, so I’m letting her rip again for now.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 1.46.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 1.52.15 PM.png

Coburn’s been a huge disappointment this season. He’s still playing too heavy. He needs to get back to his 2019 form when he was an absolute force at NT.

Part of our run D issues have been giving Vernon Broughton snaps. He’s absolutely horrible. He just stands straight and up gets plowed over and doesn’t even seem to care. PK sometimes put him and Murphy in together and they always get torn up. This happened against ULL and Arky. We need to shorten our DL rotation to just Coburn, Sweat, Ojomo, and Collins during meaningful minutes unless/until someone else earns minutes. Broughton definitely hasn’t. 

Ovie is good when we ask him to do edge things and he’s by far our best edge rusher, but he’s completely lost when we ask him to do any off-ball LB assignments. Not really his fault since he’s always been a DE. 

We still haven’t gotten to see much from our secondary 3 games in. Foster had a horrible missed tackle and it’s looking like him and Schooler starting was the bad sign we thought it was in the offseason.