Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

Boyfriend/fiancee Brian Laundrie arrives home from their cross-country (and regularly posted on social media) road trip without the girl, her family files missing person report, and he's not saying a word. I'm no investigator, but that seems just a tad bit suspicious. 

Seems pretty obvious he ditched her body somewhere. Good luck to law enforcement in making this case.

Here's a little summary vid:

And bodycam footage from early August where local PD in Utah interacted with them:

Edited by LonghornSean

• LonghornSean changed the title to Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent
7 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I thought I read that he disappeared too

No, he came back with the car and then told his family he was going hiking and left with his backpack into the wilderness. Nothing shady going on here. The guy might have fucked his own family too. If he confided in them and then told them he was leaving and they didnt stop him or say anything to police. Apparenlty the poloce came to the boyfriends house and the parents said, "Oh he went hiking. Hes been gone since Tuesday. "

1 hour ago, UTGrad98 said:

No, he came back with the car and then told his family he was going hiking and left with his backpack into the wilderness. Nothing shady going on here. The guy might have fucked his own family too. If he confided in them and then told them he was leaving and they didnt stop him or say anything to police. Apparenlty the poloce came to the boyfriends house and the parents said, "Oh he went hiking. Hes been gone since Tuesday. "

High chance he committed suicide by now.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

4 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

people only cared because she was a pretty white girl.  if she was ugly or a minority it would get zero national attention 

People are interested in interesting situations.  Vanessa Guillen, that missing Texas State boy, that ugly bitch that fake got lost in Hawaii, the little white kid that got stolen out of his bed and murdered in DFW, and I’m sure there are many other examples that prove you wrong.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Dude came back from a road trip without his fiance (who was reported as missing) and not a lot to say about it. Seems to me the police would have immediately made him the prime suspect. I get they can't arrest the guy without any evidence, but is police surveillance just something you see on TV? Considering he wasn't cooperating with police, he would have to be considered a flight risk. Seems odd he could just decide to haul ass. But I agree its likely they find the dude with a self administered headshot. 

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Dude came back from a road trip without his fiance (who was reported as missing) and not a lot to say about it. Seems to me the police would have immediately made him the prime suspect. I get they can't arrest the guy without any evidence, but is police surveillance just something you see on TV? Considering he wasn't cooperating with police, he would have to be considered a flight risk. Seems odd he could just decide to haul ass. But I agree its likely they find the dude with a self administered headshot. 

Well, as demonstrated by their penchant for no-knock warrants, rather than surveilling the suspect and serving him when safe and convenient, cops don't seem to do the smart thing all that often.

But, even under surveillance, there's not much they can do if they see him take off.

• Hook 'Em 1

With reading a bit of the linked twitter on this, a bit much is being made out of her flip flops outside. A lot of RVers never wear their outside shoes into the RV to keep down on dirt/dust/mud tracked in.

Her phone is a completely different matter though, an early 20s female leaving her phone isn't normal and that is compounded with her vlogging.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

7 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Does anyone have a timeline? Like, when did the road trip start, when was that incident with police, when did he return home alone, when did the police question him, and when did he go “backpacking”?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/16/us/gabby-petito-timeline-missing-case/index.html

they were documenting their trip on Instagram. Here’s hers

https://www.instagram.com/gabspetito/?hl=en

Here’s his

https://www.instagram.com/bizarre_design_/?hl=en

Edited by EuroHorn

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

Does anyone have a timeline? Like, when did the road trip start, when was that incident with police, when did he return home alone, when did the police question him, and when did he go “backpacking”?

- Left on July 2
- Police incident August 12
- Her last known whereabouts was in Grand Tetons August 25 
- Last contact from family with Gabby was August 30, family doesn’t believe she sent the text 
- He returned home September 1
- Family reported her missing September 11
- He was named suspect if interest September 15
- He was reported missing September 17

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

I didn’t see anything.  People on that Twitter feed were saying they could see and posting screenshots . Looked more like Sasquatch to me.

Keep in mind that there are a lot 37" (plus) 4K monitors out there these days and you can mirror to a 70-82" 4K TV pretty easily.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP