Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

This couple claim they picked up the dude on August 29th in Wyoming. 

https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/tiktoker-says-she-picked-up-brian-laundrie-hitchhiking-in-grand-teton/

They said they dropped him off at Jackson Dam which is about 50 minutes by road from where the body was found around Spread Creek. 

Edited by EuroHorn

I didn’t see anything.  People on that Twitter feed were saying they could see and posting screenshots . Looked more like Sasquatch to me.
Comments also said the van door is closing in the vid. I don't see field dude or the van door move in the vids, but both can't be true.

Pretty cool that the dash cam led to discovery of the body though. There was a lot of potential land involved in the disappearance and that is a very lucky break.

12 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

This was a video they posted on their YouTube site documenting some of their trip. It was posted August 19th

who would this video be for? what's the audience for this video? a couple of young rich kids documenting themselves glamping just seems like an exercise in vanity. i can't imagine anyone ever wanting to watch that video, or what's more continue to watch even more of these inane, self-absorbed videos, especially when so many kids their age are deep in debt and/or struggling to find work and move out their parents' house. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

who would this video be for? what's the audience for this video? a couple of young rich kids documenting themselves glamping just seems like an exercise in vanity. i can't imagine anyone ever wanting to watch that video, or what's more continue to watch even more of these inane, self-absorbed videos, especially when so many kids their age are deep in debt and/or struggling to find work and move out their parents' house. 

Have you ever been on the internet before? People eat up travel vlogs/instagram accounts like candy. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

He is obviously the culprit. Unfortunately, the videos of them on cop cam help his case. GDAMN

Which has made me wonder if it was a suicide he couldn't deal with or manslaughter in a physical dispute she started(have a female relative known for that at that age. So, I may be more questioning of how the domestic dispute started than most) as his post actions aren't exactly those of a premeditated murder and disappearing himself.

Both of them are/were at the age for serious mental health breakdowns.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Rich kids aren't in a 10 year old Ford Transit Connect POS. Much less one without a toilet or solar array.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

4 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Which has made me wonder if it was a suicide he couldn't deal with or manslaughter in a physical dispute she started(have a female relative known for that at that age. So, I may be more questioning of how the domestic dispute started than most) as his post actions aren't exactly those of a premeditated murder and disappearing himself.

Thinking like a defense attorney. The cop cam stuff helps him. With his defense. He's not dead, imo. 

2 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

He didn't know what to do and ran home to family. My money is on he's offed himself.

One dollar bet. He's a POS. Always has been. Family is covering for him. Figures he "didn't mean to do it." No offense but when NORMAL people get into a fight that might be fatal, they try to render aid, call 911, they don't just "poof" disappear. He is a POS and his family is dumb as he is. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Boyfriend/fiancee Brian Laundrie arrives home from their cross-country (and regularly posted on social media) road trip without the girl, her family files missing person report, and he's not saying a word. I'm no investigator, but that seems just a tad bit suspicious. 

Strike one

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Was the murdering his fiance part a giveaway? 

Strike two

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Dude came back from a road trip without his fiance (who was reported as missing) and not a lot to say about it. Seems to me the police would have immediately made him the prime suspect. I get they can't arrest the guy without any evidence, but is police surveillance just something you see on TV? Considering he wasn't cooperating with police, he would have to be considered a flight risk. Seems odd he could just decide to haul ass. But I agree its likely they find the dude with a self administered headshot. 

Strike three you're out.

Fiancé - A man engaged to be married
Fiancée - A woman engaged to be married

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

not necessarily. you can save enough in a year of pretty basic work to drive around in a cheap van for quite a while. 

This. Very popular with the stoner/hippie crowd right now. Maybe it always has been. I know one dude that’s been camping up in colorado for months.

You might go ahead and tell Zuckerberg to shut down Insta. There definitely is not a market for watching hot girls in their 20s doing hot girl things, especially considering some people in their 20s have student loans. Really a dumb app idea when you think about it that way.
  • Haha 2

Just more people trying to broadcast their fake lives on the internet. Also, I know they were adults and can’t be controlled forever, but if my son comes home after a cross country trip without his fiancé who is missing, he’s not leaving my house until he discloses where she is, even if I have to put a gun to his fucking head.  

Edited by cabowabo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This. Very popular with the stoner/hippie crowd right now. Maybe it always has been. I know one dude that’s been camping up in colorado for months.

You can live out of your van in the national forests for a long ass time. Payment is voluntary -- you tip the park hosts or you don't, and huge areas of them don't have park hosts at all.

Millennials....their map skills suck.  if the dude can't find a better place to try to bury her than where he did, he is a grade A idiot. He had weeks to find a better spot and one quarter of a giant landmass to do it in. Maybe he has some shred of conscience that forced him into thinking "I can't live with having the body of this woman i once loved in the van with me anymore" so he was not able to think about things logically, but dude, in the abstract, like, if you gave me the body of some pauper to bury in a test for FBI agents or something, i think I could have put those remains somewhere harder to find than where he did. 

Now that would be a great reality show for the crime networks: The Great American Cadaver Chase. "Hot young couples try their best to elude America's most elite law enforcement agencies as they bury, sink, burn and dismember bodies donated to ID network. Drive fast and dig deep. Who will be America's next great fake Natural Born Killers? Tune in Saturday nights at ten."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

You can live out of your van in the national forests for a long ass time. Payment is voluntary -- you tip the park hosts or you don't, and huge areas of them don't have park hosts at all.

Millennials....their map skills suck.  if the dude can't find a better place to try to bury her than where he did, he is a grade A idiot. He had weeks to find a better spot and one quarter of a giant landmass to do it in. Maybe he has some shred of conscience that forced him into thinking "I can't live with having the body of this woman i once loved in the van with me anymore" so he was not able to think about things logically, but dude, in the abstract, like, if you gave me the body of some pauper to bury in a test for FBI agents or something, i think I could have put those remains somewhere harder to find than where he did. 

Now that would be a great reality show for the crime networks: The Great American Cadaver Chase. "Hot young couples try their best to elude America's most elite law enforcement agencies as they bury, sink, burn and dismember bodies donated to ID network. Drive fast and dig deep. Who will be America's next great fake Natural Born Killers? Tune in Saturday nights at ten."

Laundrie is (or was I guess) 23. That’s too young to be a millennial.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

was wondering about that. My son is almost a millennial (a little too young) and is absolutely regarded when it comes to maps, but my daughter, 8 years younger, is a navigational champ. this despite my son being an army vet. they've just never made sense to him. 

5 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’m not entirely sure why his parents aren’t in prison for withholding info during the investigation. Well except it’s Florida cops doing the “investigating.” 

I hope an alligator ate him.

Maybe because as corrupt and prejudiced as this system can be it still isn't Stalin era Solviet Union? They're smart if they don't co-operate and refer everyone to their lawyer. That's what everyone should do if approached by law enforcement questioning a potential serious crime. 

It seems like two young kids got on each other's nerves being in a van for 2 months, the verbal spats turned into her hitting him, then instead of doing the smart thing and taking her back to her momma's and dropping her off this dumbass whacked her. Many men have been with physically abusive spoiled women. You drop them you don't kill them. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

was wondering about that. My son is almost a millennial (a little too young) and is absolutely regarded when it comes to maps, but my daughter, 8 years younger, is a navigational champ. this despite my son being an army vet. they've just never made sense to him. 

Tell him to stop holding them upside down. I kid.... 

Yeah, same here. Daughter can land nav anywhere. Son gets lost driving to my house. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Depending on how you judge it that's right at the cutoff. By most accounts the oldest millennials turned 39 or 40 in 2021 so 21-22 year olds could be considered the last of the millennials. 

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Depending on how you judge it that's right at the cutoff. By most accounts the oldest millennials turned 39 or 40 in 2021 so 21-22 year olds could be considered the last of the millennials. 

Nah, the youngest millennials were born in the mid 90s. Anything after that is Gen Z

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

There is a sharp cutoff for millennials on the young end: if they have a coherent memory of 9/11. This means the last millennials were born early in 1995.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

100%.  Seems everyone on the internet is providing ULTRA HOT takes, 99% of which is he's OBVIOUSLY A MURDERER.  I'm with you though.

They both seem fragile.  Probably had another tussle and an accident, or a suicide - and he can't cope with the consequence.  Hence he hightailed it and sought attorney, hence that family kept fully hush.  Premeditated psychotic murder is unikely. 

Edited by 52-80

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Vanlifers aren't staying in official campgrounds with hosts and such, for the most part. They have to move around as cheap as possible, so they prefer dispersed camping. Even the cheapest USFS campgrounds add up when you are on a vanlife budget.

• Hook 'Em 1