Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

SIAP

Unbelievable that a random vlogger would be rolling tape at that very second. Without this video, the dude may have gotten away with murder as it us sometimes hard to get a judgment without a body.
He could have killed her anywhere along their route and FBI wouldn't have a had a clue as to where to start looking.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Twitter saying that updates are happening right now on his Spotify account if that can be believed. Hope they can find this mofo and drag his butt to jail. And yah, the media always focuses heavily on the storylines with white people crime too much. I am not a Nancy Grace fan but she often would use her old HLN show to focus on many cases that didn’t involve white people and were not getting any real media coverage anywhere else. That was one cool thing she did 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s disturbing 😡

According to the Moab PD report, while the initial call-in indicated that Laundrie may have assaulted Petito, once Moab PD and National Park Service PD actually made contact with the two after the call-in and interviewed the two separately (along with the witness), it was determined that Petito had actually slapped Laundrie.  Since they both expressed to the LEOs that they were "in love" and didn't want either to be arrested, etc., the cops didn't cite or arrest Petito.  

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

According to the Moab PD report, while the initial call-in indicated that Laundrie may have assaulted Petito, once Moab PD and National Park Service PD actually made contact with the two after the call-in and interviewed the two separately (along with the witness), it was determined that Petito had actually slapped Laundrie.  Since they both expressed to the LEOs that they were "in love" and didn't want either to be arrested, etc., the cops didn't cite or arrest Petito.  

On 9/19/2021 at 9:59 PM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Which has made me wonder if it was a suicide he couldn't deal with or manslaughter in a physical dispute she started(have a female relative known for that at that age so I may be more questioning of how the domestic dispute started than most) as his post actions aren't exactly those of a premeditated murder and disappearing himself.

Both of them are/were at the age for serious mental health breakdowns.  

Not particularly surprised. She wasn't using the police separation for questioning to declare fearing for her safety and get away. Regardless it is tragic.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

The whole incident is posted near the top of this thread. Covers the entire thought process of the cops, witness interviews, reason why they didn’t charge her, etc. Pretty damn interesting actually

11 hours ago, Deej said:

When do we move on to the next missing, blonde, white girl story? This one is getting boring.

There are 710 missing Indigenous people in Wyoming alone ... maybe we should pay attention to that ...

https://www.insider.com/710-indigenous-people-missing-in-wyoming-where-gabby-petito-disappeared-2021-9

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Side question for the lawyers/LEOs...what is required to shift from person of interest to suspect? Cuz I mean, here we have a crime, a body, loads of evidence, and a single accompanying human who is acting shady as fuck, yet every article refers to him like an innocent witness.

When they get a warrant to search the homes of everyone you’re related to you are a suspect.

38 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

There are 710 missing Indigenous people in Wyoming alone ... maybe we should pay attention to that ...

https://www.insider.com/710-indigenous-people-missing-in-wyoming-where-gabby-petito-disappeared-2021-9

So you are saying we should go to war with the skinwalkers and possibly usher in a zombie apocalypse?

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Twitter astrologers yesterday said they know the cause of death by analyzing the moon and stars. Everyone should avoid rando Twitter users. We should've learned this after the Boston marathon bombing but here we are. 

Duh.  Everyone knows that the credible astrologers are on Instagram.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SuperSport said:

Side question for the lawyers/LEOs...what is required to shift from person of interest to suspect? Cuz I mean, here we have a crime, a body, loads of evidence, and a single accompanying human who is acting shady as fuck, yet every article refers to him like an innocent witness.

They are all just worried about getting sued for defamation of character or whatever.  It appears very unlikely at this point, but is is perfectly possible that someone else killed the girl.

58 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I'm not going to argue that pretty white girls dont get preferential treatment from authorities and the press, but that article doesnt remotely support what you claim. 710 indigenous people were reported missing betweeen 2011 and 2020 and 50% of those were accounted for within a week. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

I'm not going to argue that pretty white girls dont get preferential treatment from authorities and the press, but that article doesnt remotely support what you claim. 710 indigenous people were reported missing betweeen 2011 and 2020 and 50% of those were accounted for within a week. 

Now this though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Tears

Saw a show on ID or something that was related to this highway.

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Right, but that’s the point. No one ever has heard of any of them. Thankfully the news doesn’t seem to care about this nearly as much as Twitter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Why should we hear about  the vast majority of them when most were probably pissed off teenagers who probably spent the night at a friends and were back the next day. If thats the point you want to make, let me know the actual number of indigenous people missing in Wyoming now and how that figure compares with other races. blatant misrepresentation of data annoys me off whether it supports my positions or opposes them. Thread derail over. 

Inflated and intentionally misused missing persons data is the well-watered and fertile field that gave us the Q Anon harvest. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

710 missing people, 57% females, but 0% blondes. Sorry, but the ratings aren’t going to be there. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Why should we hear about  the vast majority of them when most were probably pissed off teenagers who probably spent the night at a friends and were back the next day. If thats the point you want to make, let me know the actual number of indigenous people missing in Wyoming now and how that figure compares with other races. blatant misrepresentation of data annoys me whether it supports my positions or opposes them. Thread derail over. 

Sure some of runaways, but many others are women whose cases are growing cold. Not sure about Wyoming, but in New Mexico the highest rates of missing are on reservation lands. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.krqe.com/news/new-mexico/hundreds-of-indigenous-women-and-girls-remain-missing-many-in-nm/amp/

2 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I saw a Dateline on one of these cases in Wyoming and it was stated that most were on reservation land which falls under their jurisdiction.  Lack of tech like cameras or people everywhere, lack of resources for investigations, they have their own form of FBI but it obviously doesn’t have the same staff or resources, ect.  Came away from the show with the understand that all that combined is more of the issue than anything.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1