Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

5 minutes ago, Capt. Squints said:

I don't think she was pretty...actually fairly plain looking. No ass, no anything special about her build at all (especially now), likely crazy. He should have just bought her a bus ticket and a bucket of fried chicken and sent her home.

It was her van, so he should have used the bus ticket himself and enjoyed his fried chicken in peace. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, lmao said:

Such a great bit. “Survey says!”

The segment gets better with him talking about the football players that went missing and authorties looked for them from the beach. Then saying if he ever goes out to sea, he’s going to take a white baby with him and put it on his keychain. 

Edited by HornPhD
More
  • Hook 'Em 3

My guess is that she was ready to take some sunset video for the vlog.  They got to the location and he as influencer's assistant, forgot the ring light.  She started screaming at him.  He said he'd go get the light, but she started screaming that the sunset moment was gone and told him he was worthless.  He snapped, and smashed her with a rock or something.  Sad ending for sure, but tiny van influencer life ain't easy.

Edited by dcbc
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Capt. Squints said:

I don't think she was pretty...actually fairly plain looking. No ass, no anything special about her build at all (especially now), likely crazy. He should have just bought her a bus ticket and a bucket of fried chicken and sent her home.

We rolled across the high plains
Deep into the mountains
Felt so good to me
Finally feelin' free

Somewhere along a high road
The air began to turn cold
She said she missed her home
I headed on alone
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, dcbc said:

My guess is that she was ready to take some sunset video for the vlog.  They got to the location and he as influencer's assistant, forgot the ring light.  She started screaming at him.  He said he'd go get the light, but she started screaming that the sunset moment was gone and told him he was worthless.  He snapped, and smashed her with a rock or something.  Sad ending for sure, but tiny van influencer life ain't easy.

Don't fuck up my sunsets bitch....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

The attorney for dirty laundrie’s family seems to be a dumbass or likes stirring the pot.

Her family is pissed.

this is the stupidity of the internet in 1 fucking post - including all the twitter retards piling on this "lawyer is using the picture to promote himself narrative"

THE PHOTO ISNT ON THE LAWYERS PERSONAL BUSINESS PAGE.

THE PHOTO IS ON THE YELP PAGE, SUBMITTED BY A RANDO INTERNET USER - IN ORDER TO DENIGRATE SAID LAWYER

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

Such a great bit. “Survey says!”

The segment gets better with him talking about the football players that went missing and authorties looked for them from the beach. Then saying if he ever goes out to sea, he’s going to take a white baby with him and put it on his keychain. 

Was trying to find a clip of the full bit but that's best I could find. Patrice was one of the greats. Completely off-topic but found this on the recommended. Hilarious:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Apparently the pic of her with the gun was off her TikTok page. People are speculating that the same gun can be seen behind the van in the picture from the vlogger video.  Supposedly the dude had a concealed carry weapon.  There are pictures out there of the crime site where they supposedly marked some bullet holes in a tree and a log  

https://twitter.com/deffonotdylan/status/1440334359379079171?s=21

Edited by EuroHorn

14 hours ago, lmao said:

Haha, but really, the indigenous brown and brown-haired people (BIPOC?) who are peeved that this singular young blonde death has America refreshing twitter but nobody cares about the other deaths in the area, have a point. It's asinine that so many people are enthralled with this.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Haha, but really, the indigenous brown and brown-haired people (BIPOC?) who are peeved that this singular young blonde death has America refreshing twitter but nobody cares about the other deaths in the area, have a point. It's asinine that so many people are enthralled with this.

People are just naturally interested more in pretty blondes. They get more attention from a young age. It’s just science. 

27 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

It's a good media distraction from 10000 people sitting under a bridge in Del Rio, inflation truly starting to hurt the pockets of lower middle class and poor Americans, and a should be declared endemic virus beating us in the face.  Football games again tomorrow night, news at 10.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

the caller who made the 911 call which lead to the video stated that he slapped her. maybe she was in an abusive relationship and took the blame to the cops. maybe they both slapped each other. maybe the caller mistook him pushing her away as she was attacking him.
i'm not buying what was said in the video as the whole truth of what actually happened. 
well, except the OCD part.

Did you actually watch the body cam footage? Of the witnesses the cops talked to, they stated that she was the aggressor. She stated she was the aggressor. He stated she was the aggressor. She didn’t have any marks on her body. He had scratches on his arms, hands, face, and neck.

Maybe he’s a great bullshitter, but he sure didn’t look like he had bad intentions for her or that he was an abuser. He practically begged for some way to keep her from having to spend the night in jail. He asked if she could take the van while he slept on a bench outside the courthouse. He even asked if he could go to jail while she took the van.

That all has absolutely zero to do with what seems likely to have happened later, but there’s no reason to mischaracterize what happened prior to that 911 call. Plus, as shitty as I think cops are in general, I don’t think they side with a trashy lookin white dude over a cute little blonde girl unless they’re EXTREMELY confident about what happened.
  • Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, txhorns said:

It's not just that she's a "pretty white girl" but that she was a Youtuber and social media influencer.  That's where the interest in this story started and grew.  Media outlets picked up the story because it got popular on social media.

This was my take. I think the fascination grew more out of the fact that between her TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram page, there was a LOT of exposure out there and yet still somehow came up missing. There were people following along with her journey at the time and then MYSTERY! Then the twist of her boyfriend popping up in Florida with her van and immediately lawyered up, and that's when it blew up. I also think True Crime is HUGELY popular right now, and this is a True Crime story unfolding right before our eyes. I know people like to see racism around every corner, but I don't think the fact that she's white played into it as much at the beginning.  Just my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, phdhorn said:

I think if someone actually did try to cart someone to the ZOD and kill them, that there would still be a trial.  Based on the only case (apparently) testing this zone, a guy killed an elk illegally there.  The judge ruled that a trial would happen in Wyoming's district and they were gonna have it.  But they did a plea deal (the guy was "correctly" brought up on other charges, like poaching, etc.).  In the end they reached a plea bargain, but the guy ended up doing 4 years (I think).  He never challenged the law but many legal people think he would've won if he did.  It's kind of complicated (he killed the elk in Montana's little part of Yellowstone, so was not compelled to have a trial in Wyoming).  From what I've read, legal eagles said that the judge/courts who denied his motion to dismiss were wrong, but the case was never tested in appeal.

And that was for killing Bambi's brother.

Imagine how much more pressure there would be in a homicide there.  My guess is that they'd try the person in Wyoming and get a conviction, and they'd do time.  Likely they'd appeal and it would be interesting to see how it would come out (technically it seems he should go free).  But the public pressure to let the guy go would be enormous, so my guess is he'd do time first and then get released on appeal.  Plus apparently Congress has had this brought up several times in the past but let it go.

All that said, man Laundrie was so close to pulling that off (like what, maybe 10 miles to Idaho's Yellowstone?).  What if he did kill her on that parcel?  Now that would be an interesting trial.

But probably don't matter, I think either he dead or in Mexico now.

I agree with you that there would likely still be a trial even if a felony occurred in the portion of YNP extending into Idaho.  

The poaching case you reference was slightly different -- the crime allegedly occurred in the portion of YNP that is in Montana, where there are at least some residents who could theoretically be impaneled as jurors.  So that case technically didn't involve the "Zone of Death," but it did have some of the same issues that give rise to the supposed loophole, including the ability of a federal district court to empanel a jury composed of residents of a state different from the state in which the crime supposedly occurred.  

And that poacher did, in fact,  challenge the ability of the District Attorney for the District of Wyoming to legally impanel a Wyoming jury.  What happened was that he initially got charged in Montana state court for the poaching.  He reached a plea deal with Montana authorities and the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Services.  As part of the plea deal, U.S. Fish & Wildlife agreed not to prosecute him in federal court in Montana.  But later the U.S. Attorney for the District of Wyoming brought new wildlife and firearm charges against the guy.  The poacher argued that the prior plea deal, which involved a federal agency (U.S. Fish & Wildlife) was binding on the U.S. Attorney for Wyoming such that he could not be prosecuted again.  He also argued that, in any event, he couldn't be tried in Wyoming by a jury composed of Wyoming citizens because the crime had allegedly occurred in Montana.  It's that latter argument that implicated the whole "Zone of Death" idea.  The District Court of Wyoming rejected that argument in just a couple paragraphs in an unpublished decision.  The court basically said that adopting the poacher's argument would create a virtual "no man's land," which would be unworkable.  That ruling never got appealed to the Tenth Circuit because (I believe) the poacher reached another plea deal.  Whether the argument would have found any traction in the Tenth Circuit is anyone's guess.    

19 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Did you actually watch the body cam footage? Of the witnesses the cops talked to, they stated that she was the aggressor. She stated she was the aggressor. He stated she was the aggressor. She didn’t have any marks on her body. He had scratches on his arms, hands, face, and neck.

Maybe he’s a great bullshitter, but he sure didn’t look like he had bad intentions for her or that he was an abuser. He practically begged for some way to keep her from having to spend the night in jail. He asked if she could take the van while he slept on a bench outside the courthouse. He even asked if he could go to jail while she took the van.

That all has absolutely zero to do with what seems likely to have happened later, but there’s no reason to mischaracterize what happened prior to that 911 call. Plus, as shitty as I think cops are in general, I don’t think they side with a trashy lookin white dude over a cute little blonde girl unless they’re EXTREMELY confident about what happened.

911 call. i start the video where the caller states "we drove by them and the gentleman was slapping the girl...he proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car, and they drove off"

this is the call which led to their being pulled over where you get her statement about her slapping him. maybe she was protecting the asshole because the police would've taken him to jail and then their trip would've been ruined. maybe he threatened her to lie. maybe he had cuts and bruises because she was fighting back. hello abusive relationship. maybe the caller saw it wrong. but for the caller to be calling 911 to report his assault, he must've been damn sure of what he saw.

you decide.

Edited by crash_davis

19 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Finally, someone sees it!

When bitches act up around me, I just kill them, leave their cold dead body in a remote area and disappear from the authorities.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, txhorns said:

It's not just that she's a "pretty white girl" but that she was a Youtuber and social media influencer.  That's where the interest in this story started and grew.  Media outlets picked up the story because it got popular on social media.

I don't have cable so I didn't see the story on tv. I only heard about this from coworkers talking about it. When I heard the name "Gabby Petito" and that she was from Florida, I just assumed she was Cuban or something. There's lots of hot Cuban chicks out there, so I became interested. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

911 call. i start the video where the caller states "we drove by them and the gentleman was slapping the girl...he proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car, and they drove off"

this is the call which led to their being pulled over where you get her statement about her slapping him. maybe she was protecting the asshole because the police would've taken him to jail and then their trip would've been ruined. maybe he threatened her to lie. maybe he had cuts and bruises because she was fighting back. hello abusive relationship. maybe the caller saw it wrong. but for the caller to be calling 911 to report his assault, he must've been damn sure of what he saw.

you decide.

Yep, no question that the initial call-in to Moab PD had Laundrie slapping Petito.  But the police reports indicate that when officers first responded to the 911 call, a witness (not sure if it's the same guy who made the 911 call or someone different) advised that it was Petito who had been slapping Laundrie.  That same witness later told police that he was "not entirely sure what it is he'd seen."  The police reports also indicate that the LEO's were told that when the two were initially arguing, Laundrie "grabbed her face and pushed her back" after Petito slapped (or attempted to slap) him, so it's possible that the witness who made the 911 call was referring to that particular portion of the incident when he told the dispatcher that he saw the man slapping the woman.  And FWIW, apparently Petito did not have any physical evidence of an assault at the time, whereas Laundrie did.  I think all of this probably factored into the LEO's' decision to let both of them go without citation or arrest so long as they agreed to split up for the night.        

42 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

you decide.

Based on the video of the stop, I would have to say the caller was an unreliable witness.  He saw something, but it may not have gone down like he thinks it did.    At 38 seconds in the caller said he was "...slapping the girl..."    At 45 seconds he says "...he proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off."  

Yet when the cops pulled them over a short time later she has no marks on her.  No slap marks, No hit marks.   You can see in the video, she has on a sleeve-less top with no collar, no sun glasses, no hat.   The cops didn't miss sign of battery; there were no signs.  

Not excusing the dude. He killed her without a doubt, and that's 100% on him, not her. 

Edited by 0xdeadbeef

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yep, no question that the initial call-in to Moab PD had Laundrie slapping Petito.  But the police reports indicate that when officers first responded to the 911 call, a witness (not sure if it's the same guy who made the 911 call or someone different) advised that it was Petito who had been slapping Laundrie.  That same witness later told police that he was "not entirely sure what it is he'd seen."  The police reports also indicate that the LEO's were told that when the two were initially arguing, Laundrie "grabbed her face and pushed her back" after Petito slapped (or attempted to slap) him, so it's possible that the witness who made the 911 call was referring to that particular portion of the incident when he told the dispatcher that he saw the man slapping the woman.  And FWIW, apparently Petito did not have any physical evidence of an assault at the time, whereas Laundrie did.  I think all of this probably factored into the LEO's' decision to let both of them go without citation or arrest so long as they agreed to split up for the night.        

agreed. it's all speculation with mixed reports from individuals and videos. 

what is fact is that she's dead of a homicide. he comes home for 10 days without notifying anyone other than maybe his family her whereabouts. he and his family have been elusive and quiet on the truth. now he's gone. 

no matter what happened before, there's a dead woman who was killed, and he and his family have acted guilty as fuck. so fuck him and his family.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

agreed. it's all speculation with mixed reports from individuals and videos. 

what is fact is that she's dead of a homicide. he comes home for 10 days without notifying anyone other than maybe his family her whereabouts. he and his family have been elusive and quiet on the truth. now he's gone. 

no matter what happened before, there's a dead woman who was killed, and he and his family have acted guilty as fuck. so fuck him and his family.

Totally agreed -- all the information and evidence points to him as having caused her death days after the Moab incident, and he and his family have been complete shitheels regardless of whether he committed domestic violence in Moab.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

don't think its him based on hairline.  woods pick the hairline makes a backward "c", and in the known pic that hairline is in the opposite direction

14 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I shared this with my wife and she laughed and said I was behind that’s from yesterday. We need to keep up better here. 😂 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Capt. Squints said:

This is Surly - 10's only or GTFO...hey maybe instead of Burnt Ends we should go with Bang Tens

A law enforcement underwater dive team arrived at a nature reserve in Florida on Wednesday as part of the search for Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito's fiancé who has been missing for several days.

A large van and boat from the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office arrived midday Wednesday at the Carlton Reserve, a swampy 25,000-acre reserve in Venice, Florida, where Laundrie told his parents he was headed last week.

The dive team, called the Sheriff's Underwater Recovery Force (SURF), is made up of "highly trained underwater specialists" who are "called upon to search for evidence of crimes and victims of drowning, water accidents and foul play," the sheriff's department website says.

North Port Police said the arrival of the dive team "does not mean anything has been found. It's a part of the overall search process."

The team, made up of about 10 divers, was requested by North Port Police on Wednesday morning, said Sarasota County Sheriff's office spokesperson Kaitlyn Perez.

"These divers are specifically trained and very talented in low visibility bodies of water," Perez said. "They dive down where you and I can't see anything at all. They utilize technology and other special equipment to help them get down deep into really deep bodies of water, so they're out there right now to recover whatever it is that they might find."

all right team, we have our orders. We'll be jumping into this low visibility, gator infested swamp to look for a body....

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ymytn05zcgzljos4j0

I can’t imagine the level of pissed Gabby’s family feels towards Laundrie’s parents/family. From the 27th of August they were calling their daughter, their future son-in-law and his parents multiple times a day until September 11th when she was reported missing. Her parents have to feel some serious anger. I would. 

Twitter is a scary place with their tribes and agendas. But from a couple of the more credible “crime” sites:

1. Speculation that the large black suitcase/bag which was on top of the van for most of the journey but was not on the roof when it was spied by the vloggers is what he used to put her body in. 
2. Speculation that One of Laundrie’s relatives (brother or cousin) is a cop on the Sarasota police force or something similar. Not confirmed.

3. While the FBI has confirmed the man spotted on the deer cam on that trail is not dirty laundrie the FBI hasn’t said anything about one of his accounts going live showing a boat and water yesterday or day before.

4. I understand from the statement that the Laundrie’s attorney made that he had intended to give a press conference but the FBI spoke to him and he changed his mind. He later just made a statement to tell Gabby to Rest In Peace. Many people confused as to why his parents aren’t freaking out and begging him to come home and not harm himself. Unless they were advised not to speak to the public by FBI/LE and beg him to come home, many think his family is behaving like they helped him get away and know he’s not wandering  around in a swamp playing sad sack music. 

5. the fact that his family picked up his mustang and brought it back to their house lead most of the credible sites to believe that they helped him get away.

Edited by Nicole44

6 hours ago, Capt. Squints said:

You’re dating Fitlump, aren’t you?

• Haha 1