Gabby Petito case - Dude comes back from couple's cross-country road trip; she's missing, he's silent

LonghornSean

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I like how CNN now has a prominent article discussing how the Petito case is grabbing a disproportionate amount of media attention relative to missing minority cases.. But rather than run individual articles about any of the minority cases they mention in their summary, they'll crank out another 8 stories today related to the Gabby saga.  

Shit like this is pretty much why I don't watch TV anymore, except for sports.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1) No one watches CNN any more, their numbers are down almost 50% from January, so who cares what they say?

1241199182-uecker.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

2) Listened to/read some John Walsh on this... not sure if he's the National Enquirer of criminal investigation now, but he has done a stellar job in 25 years of catching hard-to-get perps.

He thinks that it's almost 100% the case that Laundrie is not in the swamp, that he never went to the swamp, that it's a red herring, and that he's almost 100% likely (with the help of his parents) far from his house, probably in another country now - totally played cops/media.

Not saying I fully agree, but it sure is stacking up like it... I think dude is sipping a frozen M on some Mexican/South American beach.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

1) No one watches CNN any more, their numbers are down almost 50% from January, so who cares what they say?

2) Listened to/read some John Walsh on this... not sure if he's the National Enquirer of criminal investigation now, but he has done a stellar job in 25 years of catching hard-to-get perps.

He thinks that it's almost 100% the case that Laundrie is not in the swamp, that he never went to the swamp, that it's a red herring, and that he's almost 100% likely (with the help of his parents) far from his house, probably in another country now - totally played cops/media.

Not saying I fully agree, but it sure is stacking up like it... I think dude is sipping a frozen M on some Mexican/South American beach.

I agree he's not in the swamp, but I think it's 50x more likely that he's hiding in a basement somewhere rather than already making it out of country. 

• Hook 'Em 3

26 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I dont get the sense that his family is particularly wealthy (I could be wrong), so thats gonna be tough to pull off for very long. 

Just now, Blotto said:

I dont get the sense that his family is particularly wealthy (I could be wrong), so thats gonna be tough to pull off for very long. 

I can't tell... their house isn't exactly Xanadu, but they own 2 other houses, or sold them (for not much profit, they don't seem to be real estate gurus).  

But the camper story and picking up the Mustang in the reserve, all of it would only make sense if he's not there.

I do think if he's not there, his modus operandi would be to get as far from Florida as fast as possible, before the heat's on.

It's not unreasonable to think he easily slipped over the border in Texas (about only a 12 hour drive from the Tampa area).

Of course dude could be dead, and if he's currently turning into a well-satisfying gator shit right now, they won't find him.

Walsh said one thing that does make sense, whatever the case... he thinks that the guy will be found out by the public/social media.  Obviously it's happened so far in this case, and he thinks it won't be the cops who solve it but some tip or something someone sees/records, etc.

Social media is a host of evil things, but one thing it does well is work in situations like this.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Blotto said:

I like how CNN now has a prominent article discussing how the Petito case is grabbing a disproportionate amount of media attention relative to missing minority cases.. But rather than run individual articles about any of the minority cases they mention in their summary, they'll crank out another 8 stories today related to the Gabby saga.  

If you want legitimate news you have to pay for it. Media that runs solely on advertisement and clicks is going to be clickbait yellow journalism and hot takes. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, phdhorn said:

I can't tell... their house isn't exactly Xanadu, but they own 2 other houses, or sold them (for not much profit, they don't seem to be real estate gurus).  

But the camper story and picking up the Mustang in the reserve, all of it would only make sense if he's not there.

I do think if he's not there, his modus operandi would be to get as far from Florida as fast as possible, before the heat's on.

It's not unreasonable to think he easily slipped over the border in Texas (about only a 12 hour drive from the Tampa area).

Of course dude could be dead, and if he's currently turning into a well-satisfying gator shit right now, they won't find him.

Walsh said one thing that does make sense, whatever the case... he thinks that the guy will be found out by the public/social media.  Obviously it's happened so far in this case, and he thinks it won't be the cops who solve it but some tip or something someone sees/records, etc.

Social media is a host of evil things, but one thing it does well is work in situations like this.

Good post if he’s alive he’s growing a beard and long hair and heading south if he’s smart 

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

Yeah, if only these news outlets could do something about that.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chooky said:

Maybe this was all just a wacky misunderstanding like a 'Three's Company' plot. Probably not, though. Probably way darker than that show. 

Dont let mr furley's goofy mannerisms fool you.. I bet he was into some dark shit man.

4 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

This deer?

0A7E2E08-13AF-422F-8D49-64F24CC2C3B4.gif

She aint trying that hard to get away.  

Just now, Deej said:

How do we already have video of Nicole from this Saturday's tailgate?

Ha! Looking forward to meeting people. 

38 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Arrest warrant issued.

Also, this means anything (else--I put the else in there bc imo his parents have already helped him) his parents do to assist him from here on out becomes criminal. A little fuzzy on if they have done anything that they can be charged with up until this point. Unless, something they reported to the North Port police when they were reporting their son "missing" was a lie. 

So the AW is because he likely used Gabby's debit card...Fuck this guy and his parents. 

"While this arrest warrant allows law enforcement to arrest Mr. Laundrie, the FBI and our partners across the country continue to investigate the facts and circumstances of Ms. Petito's homicide," FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said in a statement posted on Twitter.

According to the indictment, Laundrie used a debit card and PIN number for accounts that did not belong to him for charges over $1,000 between the dates of August 30 and September 1.
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So the AW is because he likely used Gabby's debit card...Fuck this guy and his parents. 

"While this arrest warrant allows law enforcement to arrest Mr. Laundrie, the FBI and our partners across the country continue to investigate the facts and circumstances of Ms. Petito's homicide," FBI Special Agent in Charge Michael Schneider said in a statement posted on Twitter.

According to the indictment, Laundrie used a debit card and PIN number for accounts that did not belong to him for charges over $1,000 between the dates of August 30 and September 1.

Gonna be a million dollar bond on a typically misdemeanor level theft charge.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Oh, Mexico
It sounds so simple I just got to go
The sun's so hot I forgot to go home
Guess I'll have to go now...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/22/2021 at 6:28 PM, Nicole44 said:

I can’t imagine the level of pissed Gabby’s family feels towards Laundrie’s parents/family. From the 27th of August they were calling their daughter, their future son-in-law and his parents multiple times a day until September 11th when she was reported missing. Her parents have to feel some serious anger. I would. 

Twitter is a scary place with their tribes and agendas. But from a couple of the more credible “crime” sites:

1. Speculation that the large black suitcase/bag which was on top of the van for most of the journey but was not on the roof when it was spied by the vloggers is what he used to put her body in. 
2. Speculation that One of Laundrie’s relatives (brother or cousin) is a cop on the Sarasota police force or something similar. Not confirmed.

3. While the FBI has confirmed the man spotted on the deer cam on that trail is not dirty laundrie the FBI hasn’t said anything about one of his accounts going live showing a boat and water yesterday or day before.

4. I understand from the statement that the Laundrie’s attorney made that he had intended to give a press conference but the FBI spoke to him and he changed his mind. He later just made a statement to tell Gabby to Rest In Peace. Many people confused as to why his parents aren’t freaking out and begging him to come home and not harm himself. Unless they were advised not to speak to the public by FBI/LE and beg him to come home, many think his family is behaving like they helped him get away and know he’s not wandering  around in a swamp playing sad sack music. 

5. the fact that his family picked up his mustang and brought it back to their house lead most of the credible sites to believe that they helped him get away.

For sure they aided and abetted or maybe became accessories after the fact, to what extent I don't know, but they definitely packed up quickly after his return and took off with him somewhere.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1