9.20.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am - Featuring absolute nonsense

bigup2dahorns

Just now, mdmost said:

TCU game is at 11am on ABC.

You look at Texas Tech over there and it's just all about the tradition of that horse running into the wall being a metaphor for Tech after Mike Leach. 

so, 3 11am games in a row (assuming that will be the case for the state fair too).  I guess good prep for Tx/OU

Just now, MirrOlure said:

Well shit...can't say that the (expected) 11 AM kickoff for the OU game will sneak up on us....

Fox did not opt to pull Texas OU as one of their choices in the preseason. So we either will get 11am ABC or 2:30 ABC/ESPN. The problem with that 2:30 spot is that's normally reserved for years we're pretty terrible. I think the last 2:30 spot was a Charlie year. So yeah, gird your loins for 11am. 

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Fox did not opt to pull Texas OU as one of their choices in the preseason. So we either will get 11am ABC or 2:30 ABC/ESPN. The problem with that 2:30 spot is that's normally reserved for years we're pretty terrible. I think the last 2:30 spot was a Charlie year. So yeah, gird your loins for 11am. 

Right.  The 2:30 slot is the regional broadcast.  11 AM is national.

If we're at 2:30 this year, it means we lost to Tech, TCU, or both.

So everyone just huddle together, sing kumbayah a half dozen times, and pray for that wonderful 11 AM kickoff on the second Saturday of October.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Penn State/Iowa is the same day and a FOX game. That'll be a top 5 matchup and the biggest game of the day so I think Texas-OU is destined for 11 regardless. 

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If aggy survives until then, their game vs. Bama that day would be a top 5 matchup and surely SEC's 2:30 game of the week.  I doubt ABC/ESPN would want to compete with that.

Edited: didn't even think to look at Big Ten but holy shit what a potential day of football.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

The problem with that 2:30 spot is that's normally reserved for years we're pretty terrible. 

Right.  They don't want to put our game up against the SEC 2:30 CBS game unless one or both teams are so bad it won't get it's typical solid ratings in the national 11AM spot.

3 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If aggy survives until then, their game vs. Bama that day would be a top 5 matchup and surely SEC's 2:30 game of the week.  I doubt ABC/ESPN would want to compete with that.

Edited: didn't even think to look at Big Ten but holy shit what a potential day of football.

Why wouldn’t Bama be a night game?

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

last 2:30 pm kick in Dallas was in 2017, Tom's first season in Austin.  We probably win that if Sam didn't get concussed in the 4th quarter

5 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Why wouldn’t Bama be a night game?

Because the SEC game of the week has been slotted at 2:30 for I dunno.....15+ years now?  Edit.  They did slot a night game as well for that week.  But there are several notable SEC matchupts that week.   I think the only way our game ends up at 2:30 is if both Texas and OU suffer a combined 3 losses then maybe it falls out of the national window.

Edited by Skipper

• immamac changed the title to 9.20.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am - Featuring absolute nonsense