9.20.21 Coach Sark press conference 11am - Featuring absolute nonsense

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

You don't go into a press conference every week saying how much the other team hates you and will give you their best so stop bitching about it. 

Except OU and Arkansas and A&M (and Nebraska) are completely different. Those teams have to be treated differently because they will absolutely treat us differently. Not sure how and why people cannot understand this.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I think you understand the point I was making, but yes.

Not really. The Big 12 doesn't set the TV times. ABC, Fox, ESPN do in that order. Texas and Tech is the national ABC 11am game this week. That means ABC chose us over other Big 12 teams. Same with Texas and TCU. 

56 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Joel Klatt announced it back in August

its a big noon kickoff game, klatt has already said he will be there, and that its an 11am kick

I think you're confusing oSu with Ohio State or you're just trolling. Fox announced it had picked up Ohio State-Michigan for Big Noon on Thanksgiving Weekend way back in the preseason. The UT athletics website still shows it as TBA. KSU is an 11am kickoff on Fox on the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think you're confusing oSu with Ohio State or you're just trolling. Fox announced it had picked up Ohio State-Michigan for Big Noon on Thanksgiving Weekend way back in the preseason. The UT athletics website still shows it as TBA. KSU is an 11am kickoff on Fox on the Friday after Thanksgiving. 

Not trolling. Just going off what klatt said. May he getting confused tho

49 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Not really. The Big 12 doesn't set the TV times. ABC, Fox, ESPN do in that order. Texas and Tech is the national ABC 11am game this week. That means ABC chose us over other Big 12 teams. Same with Texas and TCU. 

This is so strange to me.  It's now been almost 20 years since ABC decided to make 11 AM its national timeslot and relegate 2:30 to regional status, yet here were are still having mass confusion about why Texas repeatedly gets picked to play in the timeslot that the network considers to be the most desirable to attract the largest number of viewers.

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Card will play this week and every other week. When he holds for Dicker.

The question by Bowels was stupid this week anyway, it’s a fucking home game. Are the few thousand Tceh fans in attendance going to make our players cry with taunts of, “SEC Sucks!”?

maybe the oline

2 hours ago, Hornlover said:

9, 6, 8, 7, 3, 1, 5, 2, 10, 4

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Without a doubt. He is a legend.

Motherfucker struck me out in my one AB against him in LL. God he threw meat -- I've spent 35-plus years wanting a second chance, so I could have a cooler story than the one I just told.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, utee94 said:

This is so strange to me.  It's now been almost 20 years since ABC decided to make 11 AM its national timeslot and relegate 2:30 to regional status, yet here were are still having mass confusion about why Texas repeatedly gets picked to play in the timeslot that the network considers to be the most desirable to attract the largest number of viewers.

I'm not confused I just fucking hate it.

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

In the Chip Brown podcast in which Klatt appeared, Joel told him he expected to be at the Okie State-Texas game, so that means if we (or OKSt) don’t completely shit the bed, it should be the Fox Big Noon (11am central) Game of the Week.

4 hours ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, babysdaddy said:
so, 3 11am games in a row (assuming that will be the case for the state fair too).  I guess good prep for Tx/OU

Not sure Vodka-Redbull is healthy 3 weeks in a row, but I'll report back with results

not with an attitude like that

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:
Remember when some banks were too big to fail? Red's too rich to die. 

Seems to work that way, Warren Buffet and George Soros are probably mostly cyborg these days.

+ Larry Ellison

+ Hilary Clinton (the droid version the parts fell off of during the campaign in '16)

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Except OU and Arkansas and A&M (and Nebraska) are completely different. Those teams have to be treated differently because they will absolutely treat us differently. Not sure how and why people cannot understand this.

I understand it just fine. The examples you posted are fine but you don't do it every week and it honestly doesn't need to be done in a PC by the coach either. We don't need to see behind all the closed doors.

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

There's no confusion at all.  Our leadership fucks us for easy free money.

CDC and The Tower can hoar out and fuck the SEZ situation for people with too much money.  No problem there.  They will eventually get tired of catching shit for how crappy it looks and fix it.

The TV/timeslot thing is simple.  You tell the networks to FUCK OFF.  Abusing ONE MILLION Longhorns with this kickoff time bullshit is INSANE in the year 20fucking21.

September: all home games kick at 7pm.  Fuck your contracts.  Don't pay us.

Fair Park: kicks at 230pm every year.  Period.  Fuck your contracts.  Don't pay us.

All other October and November home kicks: every 11am or 230pm kick has to alternate with a 7pm kick.  At least 50% of all home kicks in October and November are 7pm.

Period.  Fuck your contracts.  Don't pay us.

The PUF Available Funds Payment obliterates the TV payouts.  aggy uses their third of our money to subsidize their football program including their donkeykong tacklebox2 and sitting big-boy contracts.  Why can't we do the same?  WE DON"T NEED THE TV MONEY.  We're big, right?  We're evil, right?  It's time we start acting like it.

This shit better get fixed in the secx3.

CDC's apology for the personnel debacle with the 500 no-shows referred to a "well-oiled machine we've been accustomed to."  11am kicks at Fair Park are not a well-oiled machine.  3pm dlr kickoffs in September are not a well-oiled machine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4