[Surly Horns Official] Texas Tech Burnt Ends/Treefiddy Tailgate - LBJ Lawn

immamac

2 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

I am mildly regarded.  Where are the parking lots and Red River on this map, relative to the tailgate spot?

Also, do we use our real names and shit?  I've never met any of you people in real life.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Red River is that white strip at the very bottom of the OP screenshot.  It starts to curve to the NE ever so slightly on the far left of the screenshot.  There isn't much parking around this particular area unless you're LHF permitted for the LBJ lots or near the law school/performing arts buildings.  

Do they let you pull up near your tent and load-in/load-out F&B at those Tailgate Guys deals?  Or do you have to long-haul it?  

I would think we should use our real names just to reduce probable cause with the Feds.  

Depending on how many people are there that could get pretty tough trying to remember names. We should nametag it with our names here, then at least everyone knows who is from Surly. It makes it easier to lead into a conversation where our real names can be exchanged. Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, South Austin said:

For future reference if I'm inclined to swing by later in the season, is this tailgate open to the general Surly public, or do you have to be at some Tree Fiddy or Burnt Ends donor status?

They have a separate, shittier area for non donors. It’s a pool/pond type situation. 

• Haha 2

Burnt Ends Gear will be for sale in the online store for pickup at the game, or for cash purchase. We have 85 shirts unisex dri-fits S through XL and 15 womens dri-fit tanks S and M. Womens tanks require picture in tank top for proof of purchase + future marketing pictures, face not required - side boob strongly encouraged.

I applaud the top notch effort here. Especially the "marketing" pictures of side boob.
However, the visual I get of most surlys, especially those who post in the food and travel, are going to need some XXL (maybe even XXXL) size shirts.
Is this your kind way of saying No Hogmollies, without having to post up a sign on the side of the tent?

Went by the tents area, there's no signage on the Surly Tent.  An outrage!  I did however crack up at the one two tents over "The Ferguson Organization."  I'm sure it's a legit business, but all I could think of in the wake of Norm's passing was, "What should we call the company?"  

"How about the Terd Ferguson Corporation"  and the compromise was the Ferguson Organization.  

Turns out my little cousin is 21 finally so I may be rolling by with a half dozen Tech sorority ladies if you guys can be polite.  

Weather should just be absolutely pitch perfect (no jinx) 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Went by the tents area, there's no signage on the Surly Tent.  An outrage!  I did however crack up at the one two tents over "The Ferguson Organization."  I'm sure it's a legit business, but all I could think of in the wake of Norm's passing was, "What should we call the company?"  

"How about the Terd Ferguson Corporation"  and the compromise was the Ferguson Organization.  

Turns out my little cousin is 21 finally so I may be rolling by with a half dozen Tech sorority ladies if you guys can be polite.  

Weather should just be absolutely pitch perfect (no jinx) 

I don't see pics

On 9/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, immamac said:

Burnt Ends Gear will be for sale in the online store for pickup at the game, or for cash purchase. We have 85 shirts unisex dri-fits S through XL and 15 womens dri-fit tanks S and M. Womens tanks require picture in tank top for proof of purchase + future marketing pictures, face not required - side boob strongly encouraged.

Come early, tell your friends and have fun. I'll be headed to the game around 10:30, but all are welcome to stay and watch the game from the tailgate and finish off the booze/food. 

Let's try to convince my wife to do this. Lol. She is a small or possibly medium depending on how they fit. Save her one. We want one regardless.

so 1 of the 2 battery power stations that I bought is defective for the AC ports and the DC won't power a smaller inverter (150W inverter). If one of you has a jackery or bluetti or something it would be nice if you brought it by and picked it up after the game. The one I have will only power the TV for about 4 hours and 15 minutes so folks that stay back at the tailgate will have the TV power off in the middle of the game if we watch gameday and all that (which we should). The reason I bought 2 is so that it could last all day. 

Unfortunately the ones that I bought cannot charge and AC convert at the same time, but I do have a 150w solar panel to charge the one that's not plugged in...had a plan, but ruined by inferior chinese quality assurance. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

so 1 of the 2 battery power stations that I bought is defective for the AC ports and the DC won't power a smaller inverter (150W inverter). If one of you has a jackery or bluetti or something it would be nice if you brought it by and picked it up after the game. The one I have will only power the TV for about 4 hours and 15 minutes so folks that stay back at the tailgate will have the TV power off in the middle of the game if we watch gameday and all that (which we should). The reason I bought 2 is so that it could last all day. 

Unfortunately the ones that I bought cannot charge and AC convert at the same time, but I do have a 150w solar panel to charge the one that's not plugged in...had a plan, but ruined by inferior chinese quality assurance. 

Make TG give you a generator. Just request one. They will likely forget to charge you for it or you can make a random complaint and they will fold.