[Surly Horns Official] Texas Tech Burnt Ends/Treefiddy Tailgate - LBJ Lawn

immamac

In 2008-2011 we would fill gallon sprayers up at the tailgate with different mixes  (G&Ts, whiskey/coke, vodka/sprite) and run around squirting everyone’s mouth. Not quite a gas can, but the functionality is there

24 minutes ago, ConchoPearlNecklace said:

@immamac Next game you need to be pouring margaritas or shotgunning beers from 5 gallon gas cans. All gas motherfucker.

16 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:
18 minutes ago, Thatguy said:
Wifey thought [mention=1234]Nicole44[/mention] was great too. They chatted it up for awhile.

So there's a threesome story to tell shortly....very smooth.

That is certainly a possibility, but anybody involved will really need to bring their "A game" -- just saying.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

My one request for the Oklahoma State tailgate aside from great entertainment from @Nicole44 is to have @Steel Shank and @Brisketexan bring some leftovers for breakfast and serve the crowd steel shank style

You wish, sucka!!

Could you imagine a couple of folding tables of just left-over crap that nobody would eat?

"There's still plenty of broccoli and saurkraut over here if anybody is still hungry! Lot's of other stuff, too!"

Edited by Steel Shank
  • Hook 'Em 1

I would think OSU will still be undefeated when they come to Austin next month.  They host Baylor which is looking decent again, and then a bye week.  But I think they roll in here at 5-0 in the Top 20.  TV kickoff should be locked in before Oklahoma (usual 12-day window), so I would think it has a good shot at being a primetime game (6:00p or 7:00p on FOX/FS1/ABC/ESPN).  There is some competition that weekend though with TCU @ OKL and BYU & BAY.  But I think we'll end up with an evening kickoff.  

All that to say, OSU was always gonna be our marquee home game this season and it seems like that's still gonna ring true.  Let's blow it out then.  Kansas State at 11am after Thanksgiving may not be as fun as we imagine.  And the Kansas game may actually end up being a morning game at this point to accommodate a #3 Texas @ #1 Gonzaga basketball game in the afternoon.  Not that the Jayhawks were gonna bring us out in record numbers anyway.  

I've got an everyday parking pass for right there on Robert Dedman Drive (between Dodds Way & 24 Street) just a few yards from the tailgate if you need it for load-in/load-out for an OSU game.  Happy to help talk to in-kind sponsors who wanna support the NIL efforts with alcohol, food, schwag, and bad decisions.  

39 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I would think OSU will still be undefeated when they come to Austin next month.  They host Baylor which is looking decent again, and then a bye week.  But I think they roll in here at 5-0 in the Top 20.  TV kickoff should be locked in before Oklahoma (usual 12-day window), so I would think it has a good shot at being a primetime game (6:00p or 7:00p on FOX/FS1/ABC/ESPN).  There is some competition that weekend though with TCU @ OKL and BYU & BAY.  But I think we'll end up with an evening kickoff.  

All that to say, OSU was always gonna be our marquee home game this season and it seems like that's still gonna ring true.  Let's blow it out then.  Kansas State at 11am after Thanksgiving may not be as fun as we imagine.  And the Kansas game may actually end up being a morning game at this point to accommodate a #3 Texas @ #1 Gonzaga basketball game in the afternoon.  Not that the Jayhawks were gonna bring us out in record numbers anyway.  

I've got an everyday parking pass for right there on Robert Dedman Drive (between Dodds Way & 24 Street) just a few yards from the tailgate if you need it for load-in/load-out for an OSU game.  Happy to help talk to in-kind sponsors who wanna support the NIL efforts with alcohol, food, schwag, and bad decisions.  

I think someone said Klatt mentioned in some interview that it was going to be fox big noon kickoff game. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think someone said Klatt mentioned in some interview that it was going to be fox big noon kickoff game. 

So 11am our time?  FUCK!  I mean I enjoy a morning tailgate I think more than most surly posters 'cause I got young kids.  But we may very well only have one night game this whole home season?  That's kinda shitty.  I don't expect all primetimes, but we're looking at (with the Kansas game likely midday to accommodate the Gonzaga game), 1 afternoon (ULL), one evening (Rice), and then 4 morning games.  That's craptastic.  

• 3 weeks later...