Survivor 41

Message Board User

This is the first season with their new "50% people of color" casting goal, so it will be interesting to see if the gameplay is any different with this diverse group. Just excited for this show to be back.
(Also a huge fan of Naseer based on first impressions.)
If it is anything like Big Brother then it is gonna suck. The black people all banded together and the whites did nothing so got picked off one by one. Just made for a boring ass season

I guess with Survivor it may be a little more difficult for that to happen

the political correctness is none too subtle.  me no rikey.

disagree with both votes.  the first tribe should have stayed strong, and the second tribe needs to get out the young dude that lied to them.  both of the people voted out would have helped their tribe.  the chick wasnt strategizing at all and was no threat whatsoever.

If you like podcast recaps, The Ringer has a new one hosted by Tyson. He’s the perfect host. He provides a lot of insight and, as any Survivor fan knows, has a great sense of humor. You’ll find it under The Ringer Reality TV Podcast.  It also covers other shows like The Challenge, hosted by Johnny Bananas 

Edited by TonyTexas

On 9/22/2021 at 11:06 PM, DanRydell said:

Seems like a largely solid cast on first impression. Although I don’t know what the Asian woman on the green tribe was doing at tribal (not sure she did either).

She was doing the right thing. Weeding out the problem child.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:28 PM, TonyTexas said:

If you like podcast recaps, The Ringer has a new one hosted by Tyson. He’s the perfect host. He provides a lot of insight and, as any Survivor fan knows, has a great sense of humor. 

Is he no longer making appearances on Rob Cesternino's podcast?

Well that was dumb.

Also, feel like we will be talking about that “advantage” in Survivor lore as one of the worst production decisions of all-time. It made for a funny ten seconds at the challenge, but the punishment is BY FAR worse than anything we’ve ever seen on this show. Like, there’s nothing in the same universe.

As much as she wanted to vote Xander, I guess I can see why Liana would have caved on just voting out Voce rather than turning on Tiffany since she seemingly had zero relationship with Voce and Xander.

It’s also entirely unclear why Voce and Xander thought Liana was going to join them to vote off Tiffany, but they seemingly had zero concern about the prospect of a 2-2 tie. I guess maybe Evvie was telling them she had Liana taken care of and they just didn’t really show us that.

10 hours ago, kevwun said:

They are going to lose every challenge where Tiffany has to do anything physical.  With limited supplies it seems like a terrible idea to keep her.

Yeah, I suppose they think they can still vote out Xander next and then they'll go down to two tribes.  If it goes one more vote before combining the other two women would then vote out Tiffany.  They would have to combine at that point.  So I guess it's not too terrible for Evvie and Liana but they're still going to be isolated and in a pretty weak position when it goes down to two tribes.

Tiffany is the worst player they've cast in a long time.  It was wild that she was so aggressive with the other two, trying to get them to vote out Voce, when she is only alive because they're dragging her fat ass along.  And I don't understand why the other two women didn't stand up to her and tell her that.

Edited by WBT

I'm uncertain how I feel with the " get out of jail" die that can be used to save yourself. Survivor requires that you use your physical or social game to stay alive each week. Sure, there is some luck in the challenges but mainly a skill keeps you alive.  Now we're going to have a random element that can save the obvious person and send someone else home.

In the past the majority had to split votes in the case someone had an idol. Now they might have to split every time to account for the 16% chance of a dice roll.

Yeah, the secret phrase combined immunity idol is ill conceived. Even if it was a little less obvious and nobody had picked up on Xander doing it, once the player tries it once and the other tribes don’t reciprocate it becomes a major burden because they then just have to keep blurting out the same phrase every challenge. They’ll get noticed right away.

Keeping Tiff was stupid but I’m sure that tribe will be dissolved soon enough.

7 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Yeah, the secret phrase combined immunity idol is ill conceived. Even if it was a little less obvious and nobody had picked up on Xander doing it, once the player tries it once and the other tribes don’t reciprocate it becomes a major burden because they then just have to keep blurting out the same phrase every challenge. They’ll get noticed right away.

Keeping Tiff was stupid but I’m sure that tribe will be dissolved soon enough.

I'm thinking he only has to say it once.  Everybody was there and everybody heard it.  If it has to say it again, he's going to sound insane.  

I'm uncertain how I feel with the " get out of jail" die that can be used to save yourself. Survivor requires that you use your physical or social game to stay alive each week. Sure, there is some luck in the challenges but mainly a skill keeps you alive.  Now we're going to have a random element that can save the obvious person and send someone else home.
In the past the majority had to split votes in the case someone had an idol. Now they might have to split every time to account for the 16% chance of a dice roll.

I guess we’ll find out but I don’t think we see the die played at all, maybe once. I do think it will increase blindsides because there’s a greater risk to making someone feel like their back is completely against the wall.

8 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Ah that would make a lot more sense.

Dalton Ross confirmed that all three sayings have to be said at the same challenge.  So, either Xander repeats it every week hoping that someone else chimes in, or I guess he can wait until he hears one of the other two magic phrases to chime in again.  Either way, it's going to be suspicious as fuck and I reiterate that the entire thing is orders of magnitude worse than any previous "punishment" dished out on this show.

Dalton Ross confirmed that all three sayings have to be said at the same challenge.  So, either Xander repeats it every week hoping that someone else chimes in, or I guess he can wait until he hears one of the other two magic phrases to chime in again.  Either way, it's going to be suspicious as fuck and I reiterate that the entire thing is orders of magnitude worse than any previous "punishment" dished out on this show.

Yeah, he really only needs to say it once more because at this point he can just wait to hear the other phrases first.

4 hours ago, kevwun said:

Tiffany is terrible at physical challenges and also pretty dumb.  They couldn't make her understand that the idol wasn't activated yet and she had nothing to worry about.  It was like they were talking to a tree.

yet they took her advice and voted the way she wanted.  makes no sense.  i thought they realizing what a nutjob she is and were going to side with they guys and vote her out.  really dumb.  i could never play this game.  i disagree with every vote so far.  all three people voted out were useful, athletic, helpful, good tribesmen and people.  yet they keep around the lazy, stupid, crazy, unathletic schemers and liars.

This season has too many convoluted twists.  As others have said, the shared immunity thing is ridiculous.  The shot in the dark is just as bad.  You have to be really sure that you are being targeted to use it, and most votes are blindsides these days.  Having a 83.333% chance of losing your vote means only the most desperate are going to risk it.  I'm sure it will get used at least once, or they would have just killed it in editing, but it's going to be a "why even have that" thing.  

The social game has always been the most important factor, but it is even more so this season. 

I will keep watching, but so far, I'm not enjoying it as much as I usually do.    

On 9/30/2021 at 10:56 AM, LonghornSean said:

Ah that would make a lot more sense.

Well, turns out we were both correct.  They do have to say it every time and they do sound fucking insane.  This is so fucking stupid.  So everybody is going to know exactly who has the immunity idol because they keep repeating some weird ass phrase.  Why not a somewhat normal phrase like "Whatup Probsty?" that won't immediately out you as having an idol?  I'm hating all these new twists they've added, but they don't effect the reason I watch this show, so I'm in it to the end.