Arky vs aggy Saturday, Sept 25th 2:30pm CT CBS

LTtxfan

36 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t think anything that happens in aggy vs hogs will make this board explode. I mean do any of us really care one way or another?

There are way too many Texas fans hoping Arkansas wins.  Too many in my circle think that Arkansas will destroy A&M and it will help eliminate some of the pain from the loss.  Arkansas beating Texas was a disaster for the Texas image before going to the SEC.  

I’ve told my circle for years Texas doesn’t have an OL.  Arkansas made that very apparent.  Still blows my mind that Sark and crew aren’t recruiting more OL.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

aggy has the film of the Texas game to review while Texas only had film of Arky v Rice at the time.  Kendall Briles was holding back his real offensive game plan when they played rice and we weren’t prepared. Jimbo has that advantage in game planning. Idk aggy probably wins this per usual but they benefited  greatly that we played arky first 

It's not like film of Briles' offense and the veer n shoot isn't available from previous seasons. Likewise with Odom's defense. Same can be said for Fisher's O and Elko's D. So if any coaches didn't/don't take advantage of that, it's on them. I just don't see there being much advantage to Aggy regarding film availability for this game. Their biggest advantage is going to be their personnel on D with a competant DC field marshalling them, but imagine the same strength vs weakness is in play with Odom's D vs Fisher''s O albeit with lesser athletes on Arky's D. On the other hand, Aggy's breaking in a new OL and questionable QB. It's an interesting matchup but if the Hog's OL isn't dominated, I like their chances.

11 minutes ago, HSFC said:

There are way too many Texas fans hoping Arkansas wins.  Too many in my circle think that Arkansas will destroy A&M and it will help eliminate some of the pain from the loss.  Arkansas beating Texas was a disaster for the Texas image before going to the SEC.  

And?

If Arkansas wins against aggy, it says a lot more about them than how shitty we looked.  Maybe they are going to be good this year - everyone acts like they have to be exactly as awful as they've been the past few years. Teams get better/worse all the time, have breakout seasons, play above their heads, have letdown games, etc.  Welcome to coaching college kids. 

I'm certainly not hoping aggy wins - ready for the rollercoaster to start early. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Fud said:
If you think Calzone sucks, like most of us here do, then it makes a lot of sense to think that Arkansas will likely win this game. If you're buying that Calzone is actually good, like A&M fans and some national media I listened to this week, then A&M should have the upper hand. 

aggy D will shut down their run game, especially with what are likely two low 3* backup o-linemen trying to block. If Jefferson is forced to go to the air, think Calzone wins that battle.

Clary got two starts at center and five at guard last year down the stretch, so if Stromberg can't go, he seems like a capable replacement; of course, you'd prefer to have the first team all-sec preseason center

Supposedly Pittman said on "his show" last night that Wagner should be good to go. If not, I've seen Arkansas fans say that they think Limmer will eventually pass him up this year anyway 

Has there been an update on Ainias and concussion protocol? 

I'm curious why you'd think Calzone is better than Jefferson right now 

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1

And?
If Arkansas wins against aggy, it says a lot more about them than how shitty we looked.  Maybe they are going to be good this year - everyone acts like they have to be exactly as awful as they've been the past few years. Teams get better/worse all the time, have breakout seasons, play above their heads, have letdown games, etc.  Welcome to coaching college kids. 
I'm certainly not hoping aggy wins - ready for the rollercoaster to start early. 
If piggy had mudholed rice (like we did) the week before we played, I'd agree they may be good this year. In spite of pantsing us at home in week 2, fact is this game against aggy in jerryworld will tell the real story. They're better than last year, I'll give them that much. And maybe they still win the game if Casey starts at QB, but their game against us only shows potential, nothing more.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
45 minutes ago, Js1 said:
And?

If piggy had mudholed rice (like we did) the week before we played, I'd agree they may be good this year. In spite of pantsing us at home in week 2, fact is this game against aggy in jerryworld will tell the real story. They're better than past year, I'll give them that much. And maybe they still win the game if Casey starts at QB, but their game against us only shows potential, nothing more.

So their game against us doesn't count because you don't want it to, but A&M's valiant efforts against Kent State, New Mexico, and a Colorado team that lost 0-30 last week do matter. Or something. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

When did I say i didn’t want it to count? Don’t be fatuous. Everyone here is sucking off aggy like they’re Bama suddenly. Arky may actually be good/decent. Teams do actually improve in a coach’s second season.  If they’re good, maybe we lost to a good team in game 2 of a brand new coach’s regime with a brand new QB on the road  

It feels more like people want aggy to win so they can say Arky = bad = Sark sucks = I was right it was a bad hire. 

39 minutes ago, Fud said:

So their game against us doesn't count because you don't want it to, but A&M's valiant efforts against Kent State, New Mexico, and a Colorado team that lost 0-30 last week do matter. Or something. 

Sometimes teams get owned by other teams.  We beat Nebraska with Squints and Charlie beat Baker and the methheads.  Shit happens.  A&M is on quite the streak against the hoopleheads.  It's also a neutral site game not being played at night in front of tens of thousands of vile, hateful, blackout drunk village idiots.

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

Edited by Fondren & Main

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Sometimes teams get owned by other teams.  We beat Nebraska with Squints and Charlie beat Baker and the methheads.  Shit happens.  A&M is on quite the streak against the hoopleheads.  It's also a neutral site game not being played at night in front of tens of thousands of vile, hateful, blackout drunk village idiots.

Bill Murray Dalai Llama GIF

And A&M is starting a 2nd string QB who arguably sucks 

2 hours ago, HSFC said:

Still blows my mind that Sark and crew aren’t recruiting more OL.  

They are recruiting the shit out of OL, but none want to come to Texas and their isn’t much ammo to combat the negative recruiting (because it’s been true).  If we don’t kill it in the transfer portal over the off-season, then we’ll be in big trouble. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure seeing A&M or Arkansas lose would be great but I also have to see one of them win. If only they could both forfeit somehow.

Maybe the aggies squeeze out an ugly win, but Jimbo shits his pants on the sideline in front of all cameras???

I have no ill will towards Piggie. Sure they beat us a couple times during my lifetime, but my life experience with Pig is much better than Aggy. Me and a friend of mine that played for Piggie were talking about the game before and after and no off comments were exchanged. Aggy are literally crawling around every corner of my life and doing Aggy things to annoy me. Even when I am minding my own business not thinking about Aggy or even sports an Aggy pops up out of nowhere with something very Aggy to say. I hate the way Aggy constantly wears their High School rings, and are always dressed like they are going to the game. I had a mom at a high school vball game tell me the other day that her daughter(6'2 MB and best player on the team) isn't taking any scholarship offers because she always wanted to got to Aggy. Everything Aggy does is annoying, and now Aggy being middle of the pack SEC is hurting our recruiting. So I want Aggy to absolutely get run over by everyone they play ever. Even Piggie. Even OU. I live around Aggy. I don't live around those other schools.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Aggy is going to win.

Pig is just not that good. Even with the second QB aggy is just a better all around team. We’ve already seen their defense last four quarters against a one-dimensional, run-based offense while getting zero from their offense, and that was at altitude. Aggy won’t play right into their hands schematically the way Texas did and will cover. It will be a 24-14 kind of win. Surly will melt down.

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Aggy is going to win.

Pig is just not that good. Even with the second QB aggy is just a better all around team. We’ve already seen their defense last four quarters against a one-dimensional, run-based offense while getting zero from their offense, and that was at altitude. Aggy won’t play right into their hands schematically the way Texas did and will cover. It will be a 24-14 kind of win. Surly will melt down.

Not so fast my friend, but we dropped 55 on that CU defense that held Aggy to 10. CU had a new QB and offense from the year before, so that's why they struggled against Aggy. I mean, Minny held CU to 63 total yards offense for the ENTIRE game. They put up 260 vs Aggy. Secondly, Piggie just isn't going to sit back and let Aggie be comfortable in the pocket, so their already inaccurate QB is going to be under duress. Minny rushed for 277 on CU. Aggy didn't crack 100. In fact, they only rushed for 154 vs NM too. The outlier, imo, is KJ Jefferson and how he plays. If there is a time for Pig to get Aggy its now.

Edited by Thatguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

Aggy is going to win.

I agree the Pigs will lose but any reference to a team that amassed 60 yards of offense versus Minnesota when playing at home is not a good comparison.

I’d also say calling Pig not good after 3 games is premature. To me their great unknown is pass defense. We suspect their pass offense is questionable but that’s a bit uncertain too. It’s probably not great but they’re hopeful for functional.

51 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I agree the Pigs will lose but any reference to a team that amassed 60 yards of offense versus Minnesota when playing at home is not a good comparison.

I’d also say calling Pig not good after 3 games is premature. To me their great unknown is pass defense. We suspect their pass offense is questionable but that’s a bit uncertain too. It’s probably not great but they’re hopeful for functional.

Arkansas really hasn't been in a position where the offense has been forced to pass this year yet, only averaging about 20 attempts per game. If A&M gets ahead by 2 scores early or puts Arkansas in a lot of 3rd and long situations then that will really test things though. 

24 minutes ago, Gohogs14 said:

Arkansas really hasn't been in a position where the offense has been forced to pass this year yet, only averaging about 20 attempts per game. If A&M gets ahead by 2 scores early or puts Arkansas in a lot of 3rd and long situations then that will really test things though. 

Or Arkansas does the same.  Having Calzone be the savior for a come from behind win is not a recipe for success.  Run and stop the run.  Force Calzone to beat you through the air.  Both teams come in with the essentially the same strategy.  

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Aggy is going to win.

psa: aggy is never capitalized not even at the beginning of a sentence, and 99% the surl is not melting over this game:

- we will either be enraged or enchubbened after our game

- aggy winning is par, expected and won't cause a melt

- captain caveman's only concern is a 100-point win over tceh and a pig win of any kind; that melts the surl round about 530pm

• Hook 'Em 2

Aggy has some great rb’s, I think their ability to run will tell the story of this game.
So do we, but they have the exact same issue we have..the guys paving the way for those RB's aren't exactly technical road graders. If Arky can bring the same intense run defense they had against us, they have a decent chance of winning.

On 9/23/2021 at 12:58 PM, HSFC said:

I’ve told my circle for years Texas doesn’t have an OL.  Arkansas made that very apparent.  Still blows my mind that Sark and crew aren’t recruiting more OL.  

You would think in the entire state of Texas there would be just 5 MFers that would be decent at OL for Texas.  

• Rage+1 1