Arky vs aggy Saturday, Sept 25th 2:30pm CT CBS

LTtxfan

Why is everyone so afraid of Arky?

Is it because they beatdown an overrated t.u. team? Or because we struggled against ****ty Colorado with our backup QB thrown into the fire?

My guess is both.

It's because they beat down an overrated tu team, and since we struggled against ****ty Colorado with our backup QB thrown into the fire, they think now we will lose worse than the sips did, and their sip coworkers will be making fun of them next week.

It's gonna be a shut out

Ags 24
Pigs 0

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, msucolt45 said:

Well, who did you want to win (besides meteor) on Hogs vs aggy?

I only wanted hog to win so everyone would realize we didnt get our asses handed to us by the worst SEC team. Now that national narrative shifts and it helps Texas. Aggy played like warmed over shit today. Their offense sucks, their line sucks, their QB sucks, and they will strike fear into the heart of nobody the rest of the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I did. 

The thing about hated rivals is that I don't yell their cheers and hope they win. It seems more like you don't remember the rivalry than I don't remember it.

I recall years and years of the SWC. I wanted conference teams to win out of conference except for the insufferable Aggies. OU was a criminal organization so I never pulled for them against any team after our game with them, either.

If you don't let some teams capture your imagination some years, you're missing part of the pleasure of college football. Arkansas has been down with a streak of douchey coaches forever. Now this new coach seems like a solid guy. The team plays hard and excedes expectation. I hope they have a great year. Why should that matter to anyone?

Hate/rivalry for the sake of blind tradition and conformity isn't the University of Texas style as I recall it. Maybe our younger fans are wracked by bitterness.

But this is preachy. I meant it just to be an observation.

Respect to Pig.  It might be a magical season with a good record and a great bowl win. They're hungry. Let 'em eat.

They're dead in the water if that QB can't play. The back-up is promising but very green.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I recall years and years of the SWC. I wanted conference teams to win out of conference except for the insufferable Aggies. OU was a criminal organization so I never pulled for them against any team after our game with them, either.

If you don't let some teams capture your imagination some years, you're missing part of the pleasure of college football. Arkansas has been down with a streak of douchey coaches forever. Now this new coach seems like a solid guy. The team plays hard and excedes expectation. I hope they have a great year. Why should that matter to anyone?

Hate/rivalry for the sake of blind tradition and conformity isn't the University of Texas style as I recall it. Maybe our younger fans are wracked by bitterness.

Respect to Pig.  It might be a magical season with a good record and a great bowl win. They're hungry. Let 'em eat.

They're dead in the water if that QB can't play. The back-up is promising but very green.

frick-all-that-steve-buscemi.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is also dumb. I enjoy plenty of teams' successes.

I bet you were super fucking stoked when Oklahoma finally got it together after Schnellenberger, Gibbs, and Blake. 

Simultaneously arguing that they're a bitter rival but that a real fan should be happy they're succeeding is one of the weirdest college football takes I've ever seen. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is the right attitude for Texas fans to have. Piggy is a program that historically earned our respect and were a legit in-conference rival when it came to competitive games and conference championships in the SWC unlike aggy. One of the best things about the SEC move is that we get to play our real traditional rival (sorry aggy) again every year.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is also dumb. I enjoy plenty of teams' successes.

I bet you were super fucking stoked when Oklahoma finally got it together after Schnellenberger, Gibbs, and Blake. 

Simultaneously arguing that they're a bitter rival but that a real fan should be happy they're succeeding is one of the weirdest college football takes I've ever seen. 

Where exactly did you read that? Why do you quote me?

I never say I'm a fan of these teams. I specifically name A&M and OU as teams I never like or liked to see win.

This is poor work from you. Even name-calling. 

I don't really care if you think I'm a dumb fan who doesn't measure up to your standards. Please publish your philosophy so that I can adopt it without question.

Or fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 1