Liberty at ‘Cuse

markstanco

I pretty much always pull for the religious school to lose.

The greater the lunatic fringe, the more I put my heart into it. 

Nice to see Good* conquering Evil tonight. 

*Syracuse was originally founded as a Methodist seminary institution…

…so kind of a “Liberty” of its day.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I’m no theologian, but that sounds a little wrong. Methodists dance.

Correct!

You are no theologian.

Methodists were the evangelical offshoot of the Episcopalian church.  They were started as religious zealots.

I had to go to a Methodist church growing up and our minister couldn’t be proven guilty of attempting to murder his wife by strangulation and leaving her in a vegetative state for the rest of her life, but he was found liable in civil court.

Pay attention to the end of this list of unsavory characters.

Edited by Napoleon

39 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Correct!

You are no theologian.

Methodists were the evangelical offshoot of the Episcopalian church.  They were started as religious zealots.

I had to go to a Methodist church growing up and our minister couldn’t be proven guilty of attempting to murder his wife by strangulation and leaving her in a vegetative state for the rest of her life, but he was found liable in civil court.

Incorrect!

You are not a theologian!

Methodists were a branch of the Anglican church not the Episcopalian church. Both the Episcopalian and Methodist church are descended from the Anglican church. The Episcopalian and Methodist church separated after the American revolution when the Episcopalian church was granted Apostolic succession by Scottish bishops after the revolution and the Methodist church rejected the notion of Apostolic succession.

Edited by F250
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, F250 said:

Incorrect!

You are not a theologian!

Methodists were a branch of the Anglican church not the Episcopalian church. Both the Episcopalian and Methodist church are descended from the Anglican church. The Episcopalian and Methodist church separated after the American revolution when the Episcopalian church was granted Apostolic succession by Scottish bishops after the revolution and the Methodist church rejected the notion of Apostolic succession.

Correct!

I never said I was a theologian!

The rest of the schism doesn’t matter for shit. They didn’t call themselves https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methodist_Episcopal_Church for nothing. 

They were religious nut jobs and fit in with the other scum listed in the “Blazing Saddles” clip. 

They were early 19th century nut jobs when the predecessor to Syracuse was founded… just like Liberty today. #fact None of the repressed incel shit you spewed contradicts that.

As I said, I almost always pull for the religious school to lose, and when two face off, I pull for the more extreme zealots to lose. ex. TCU over Baylor.

D7A126E4-1B5A-498D-A39D-60E9F39D5412.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Correct!

I never said I was a theologian!

The rest of the schism doesn’t matter for shit. They didn’t call themselves https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methodist_Episcopal_Church for nothing. 

They were religious nut jobs and fit in with the other scum listed in the “Blazing Saddles” clip. 

They were early 19th century nut jobs when the predecessor to Syracuse was founded… just like Liberty today. #fact No e of their repressed incel shit you spewed contradicts that.

As I said, I almost always pull for the religious school to lose, and when two face off, I pull for the more extreme zealots to lose. ex. TCU over Baylor.

D7A126E4-1B5A-498D-A39D-60E9F39D5412.jpeg

Jesus, nor a historian. 18th century is when the Methodist movement arose not the 19th century.

You don't know what you are talking about.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Bitch, please!

Look up Syracuse on Wikipedia. 

And, Mr. History major with an “F” in 301 Basic Logic, do you really think that they were building a train track through Rock Ridge in the 1700s? You sound repressed and regarded. Go to bed and do t open a Bible for a month  🙄

BBE494DB-9191-44C6-8670-A2DAAB3BCF91.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

While Walker Railey is a stain on the UMC, it's not like the church is rife with scandal.

The Methodist Church is "evangelical" in the true sense, through extensive missionary work and more on the "set a Christian example" end than the proselytize end.

I don't think they've ever qualified as "zealots" except maybe in the eyes of the Church of England.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Correct!

You are no theologian.

Bull dykes!

• Like 1